Joe x Joe

Joe x Joe

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
http://bigapplesocce...rticle_id=37763

Have a feeling we need a strong finish to keep these 2 around next year.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

I'd give Petke an extension right now.  I'm sick of the coaching carousel.  DC could have easily given up on Olsen after the Scum were historically bad last season, but they kept him around and did a 180. 

Petke bleeds for this franchise and led us to our first trophy in his first year...let's build something long-term for once rather than pull the plug at the first sign of adversity.

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

He was given an extension last year- no?

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

From the article, it sounds like Houllier is not blaming Petke and Roxy for this year's problems.  In fact, it sounds like he is being very reasonable about the number of players we were missing for a long time due to national team call-ups and injuries.  Don't let that get in the way of everyone's Eeyore impression, though.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

He barely said two sentences about the matter, I don't think there's really anything you can read into.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

He barely said two sentences about the matter, I don't think there's really anything you can read into.

Agreed.

If they can Petke after 1 great season and 1 shitty one, that would be bullshit.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

Agreed.

If they can Petke after 1 great season and 1 shitty one, that would be bullshit.

especially since our "shitty" is (possibly) making the playoffs with a haphazard lineup that Petke still hasn't been able to put together. 

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

markk

markk

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

+1.  You only thing you can read into is that Big Apple Soccer won't be winning a Pulitzer any time soon.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
Anybody else notice that Big Apple Soccer rarely has anything good to say about RBNY? They seem to have become big NYCFC cheerleaders over there.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

Anybody else notice that Big Apple Soccer rarely has anything good to say about RBNY? They seem to have become big NYCFC cheerleaders over there.

I think the media is weary from our perennial shenanigans and like a lot of people are excited about the mere potential of the new kids. A lot of people will switch fandom merely for the clean slate and promised victory. It's enticing to back a "winner" and that includes the media who thrive on narratives.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

scheets973

scheets973

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT, Santos FC
http://nypost.com/20...lling-it-quits/

But it should also be of note they are not looking to spend as much as they did before.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

i suppose there aren't any F1 drivers that are coming here as surprise trialists. That's probably why they aren't reporting about us anymore.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

i suppose there aren't any F1 drivers that are coming here as surprise trialists. That's probably why they aren't reporting about us anymore.

Ugh

Elder Statesman

Elder Statesman

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Supports:Metros

There's been 5 Red Bull articles in the past two days on Bigapplesoccer.  Usually there's 10 or more per week.  Which website or newspaper has more Red Bull articles that you know of?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

F1 Weekly?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users