• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

young people routinely die because of lack of access to insulin  

Routinely? Is there a number for this?
https://www.medpaget...ediatrics/77034
Diabetes not even mentioned.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

There is a reason ambulances are nicknamed buses in NYC. People routinely claim Chest Pains when all they have is a cold, for a free ride to the ER in an ambulance.

And miraculously, no other developed nations have this problem. It is almost as if they have a better system of health care. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
There is a reason you can't walk 100 feet anywhere in the city of Buffalo without running into a medical facility (Hint: It's right across the Peace Bridge).
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

no other developed nations have this problem. 

How about substantiating your claim that young people in this country routinely die from lack of insulin?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Interests:RedBullOut
  • Supports:Metro, RedBullOut

I am not trying to convince you of anything. Your USA-awful, Socialized Health-good mindset appears set in stone.

You accusing me of having my opinions set in stone is once again a projection on your part, not reflecting what I've said. 

I've only really asked you about your views and then pointed out shortcomings in our system, and how I have the apparently illogical view that access to healthcare and health insurance are related issues. I didn't say all socialized healthcare systems or perfect or that ours fails in every metric. I'm open to a dialogue. I've actually read and listened to reports on ways in which European countries with some privatization or a combined model of healthcare still address some problems better than the United States, and although I do believe that the best path forward would be a nationalized healthcare system, I'm open to discussing ways to improve our current system.

This article summarizes alternatives including single-payer, but also other models. It factually points out we spend a higher percentage of GDP than any other comparable country on healthcare:

https://axenehp.com/...s-versus-world/

This while simultaneously having worse outcomes in a number of metrics:

https://www.healthsy...d-diabetes-2015

If you think our system as it currently stands is perfect and doesn't warrant scrutiny, I think at that point you're just being intellectually dishonest given the data available. 

#RedBullOut

Rats get fat, good men die.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

You accusing me of having my opinions set in stone is once again a projection on your part, not reflecting what I've said. 

That was meant more for Antonious Block, than you.
At the same time, it is not my job to educate you or anyone else regarding my opinions, which are usually backed by links, as that is my common practice. You have as much access to the internet at I do.

I've only really asked you about your views

Why do you care about my views? 🤷‍♂️
I do not know you, and do not care about yours. 😁

access ... and ... insurance are related issues.

I disagree.
Two miles from my house is a hospital that is compelled by law to provide free health care to thousands of illegal aliens and their anchor babies. Full access, no insurance.

If you think ..., you're just being intellectually dishonest. 

Boiled down, here is where our dialogue ends.

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Sorry Jake, I default to giving people respect, and wanting to understand them better. I didn't realize the feeling wasn't mutual. Instead of assuming best intent I now understand you just want to make statements on here without being challenged or engaging in actual discussion. Good to know who's a waste of my time. 

Also fuck you with your anchors babies comment. 

#RedBullOut

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

I default to giving people respect

Comes off more passive aggressive.

fuck you with your anchors babies comment. 

Did not realize that you were one.
Chinga tu madre, pendejo.

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

I'm not, it's just annoying when people spout off xenophobic and ill-informed shit. Here's a topical article.

https://www.theguard...people-as-pawns

#RedBullOut

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

I'm ... just ... an ill-informed shit.

FTFY. GFY.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Most middle class white people have bought so hard into the lie of american exceptionalism, that they actually fight for their shitty sub-standard health care plans. it's baffling logic in the face of so much empirical evidence otherwise. I also love the fake Christians who don't give a shit about poor people - which is a big subtext of this issue; whether or not those of us who are privileged have an obligation to help others.

The whole "people from other countries come here for healthcare" is a myth perpetuated by dumbasses. You think foreigners without US health insurance can afford to get care here? What a fucking stupid myth to believe. 

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Example: cousin of a friend was visiting here from Europe. Went into premature labor, had a child here with major heart issues. No insurance. Baby was taken to CHoP, received fantastic & expensive care for free, and survived. Mom showed me info she received from her home country, that they would not treat the baby. The exact translation was: let nature take its course.

This story seems incoherent - sure, if you're a European, you dont care if a US hospital sends you to collections. Americans who get admitted for overnight observation without insurance are billed 40k+. And then your friend traveled with a premature baby back to Europe?? Wasn't the baby in NICU for months and months? They wouldn't have flown with that baby until it was healthy. 

Do you just make shit up?  

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Most middle class white people have bought so hard into the lie of american exceptionalism, that they actually fight for their shitty sub-standard health care plans. it's baffling logic in the face of so much empirical evidence otherwise. I also love the fake Christians who don't give a shit about poor people - which is a big subtext of this issue; whether or not those of us who are privileged have an obligation to help others.

The whole "people from other countries come here for healthcare" is a myth perpetuated by dumbasses. You think foreigners without US health insurance can afford to get care here? What a fucking stupid myth to believe. 

I literally posted an example above that proves that foreigners do indeed come here for medical care (and that statement is also true of quite a few major towns near the 49th parallel).
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund

This story seems incoherent - sure, if you're a European, you dont care if a US hospital sends you to collections. Americans who get admitted for overnight observation without insurance are billed 40k+. And then your friend traveled with a premature baby back to Europe?? Wasn't the baby in NICU for months and months? They wouldn't have flown with that baby until it was healthy. 

Just have to butt in here real quick...

Where in the quoted text above from Jake does he say that his friend traveled back to Europe with his premature baby?

Which begs the question: Do you just make shit up?

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

This story seems incoherent

To you, perhaps.

your friend traveled with a premature baby back to Europe?? Wasn't the baby in NICU for ... months? They wouldn't have flown with that baby until it was healthy. 

Not my friend, although I did meet them eventually.
Mom overstayed her visa and lived here for years with the child, who received excellent follow-up care. I estimate that the entire process cost millions.

No need to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users