Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
I think Szetela works as a distributor for Nike.

Ahem.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Petke is probably the source behind the anonymous comments in the Big Apple Soccer article. Look for him to be canned before the start of the season or very early in the season.

why are people assuming its petke? dont make allegations if they are not true.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

why are people assuming its petke? dont make allegations if they are not true.

I don't think there are problems with people guessing that it's Petke. The problem is when people assume it is him or take these guesses as fact.

NJEuroMutt

NJEuroMutt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls,Nottingham My Kids

We have 20 21 players under contract right now. You are allowed 30. Even if we sign all the trialists, that leaves room for Kassel and Hot. And they don't count against the cap!

I think the bottom line here is, the powers that be decided that Kassel and Hot will not amount to pros, and decided to cut the cord as opposed to stringing them along.

But how will we sign a 42 year old Swedish/Norwegian Goalkeeper and a 36 yr old Greenlandic/Finnish D Mid? No we need the spots open just in case.. because Nordic people are like Pokemon..Gotta catch 'em all! :lol: Posted Image
Beckham? His wife can't sing and his barber can't cut hair.
Brian Clough

You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow,
You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow...

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Backe on why former academy products Matt Kassel and Sacir Hot were released:

“We just need to pick the 24 or 25 best players and these guys need minutes to improve. Hopefully they do that this year and we can get them back.’’

While that move in and of itself won’t save the Red Bulls cap space, Backe did say they would likely leave one or two spots open on the senior roster and use that savings toward allocation money.

“I think in the senior roster we will probably keep one or two spots open; that including goalkeepers we would have 26, 27 spots and that would mean three goalkeepers,’’ said Backe. “We could have one or two spots open senior roster.’’

http://www.nypost.co...L#ixzz1n9VQgmWZ

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

http://www.nypost.co...L#ixzz1n9VQgmWZ

Usually when teams want to keep players but make sure they get minutes they loan them out somewhere. Plenty of lower league sides would take them on I am sure. Sorry, but Backe's comments ring empty with me. His actions contradict his words.

As for keeping two extra spots on the senior roster open? If your going to do that, having roster exempt players would be an advantage... oh Clever Hans...your name is funny because its liek calling a 300lb man "Tiny".
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
It was better when he didn't say the above, and we could just write them off as not good enough for our team. Saying that they wanted to have 1-2 spots open on the senior roster, when they could have loaned them out to get the minutes they supposedly needed...just seems like he's either lying to be nice to them (not necessary) or doesn't really grasp how this is supposed to work. "Getting them back" is an inane sentiment when you didn't have to "let them go" in the first place if you didn't want them. Worst case, loan them out this year, wait for them to get better, and then trade them for more than $ 35k in allocation money next off-season.

Whatever. He's given up on them, it's time to move on and wait for that $ 35k in allocation to turn into something worth losing a player for.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Usually when teams want to keep players but make sure they get minutes they loan them out somewhere. Plenty of lower league sides would take them on I am sure. Sorry, but Backe's comments ring empty with me. His actions contradict his words.

As for keeping two extra spots on the senior roster open? If your going to do that, having roster exempt players would be an advantage... oh Clever Hans...your name is funny because its liek calling a 300lb man "Tiny".

Of course Backe's words ring empty, they are empty. He could have told the truth - right or wrong, he (and Soler) don't believe these two kids will ever make it, and the trialists they brought in look like better players. But then everyone would get on him for rubbing salt in the wound. He was diplomatic, meaning he wasn't 100% truthful. It happens just about every time a player gets cut.

I'm pretty sure Brian Cashman issued a statement the other day thanking A.J. Burnett for his contributions to the Yankees over the past few years, and wishing him well as he continues his career in Pittsburgh. But if he was being honest, he'd say "thank god I was able to unload this stiff on someone, even if I have to pay $20 million for him to pitch for the Pirates. I just hope he doesn't pitch any better for the Pirates than he did for us."

I don't really get the benefit of keeping two roster spots open. But to me, the fact that they would rather have an open roster spot than either of these two kids only shows how poor Kassell and Hot must have looked this year.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

I don't really get the benefit of keeping two roster spots open. But to me, the fact that they would rather have an open roster spot than either of these two kids only shows how poor Kassell and Hot must have looked this year.

If we had a manager we could trust and who had a record of making sound personal and management decisions then I would be on board with this. But we don't, we have pretty much the opposite, so their actions are always going to be judged under the heavy weight of scrutiny. There is a difference between saying, well Sir Alex doesn't think these guys will make the grade, and Hans saying it.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Hopefully, hopefully, they will do that this year and we can get them back. But as it looked now, not many minutes for them.”

Asked whether loan deals for each were contemplated, Backe revealed that technical director Ricardo Campos had checked and there was interest.

“We had two, three clubs that could be interested in these two guys,” said Backe. “So Ricardo has been, in a way, in charge and responsible to find clubs for them.”

http://www.mlssoccer...still-uncertain

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Usually when teams want to keep players but make sure they get minutes they loan them out somewhere.

I thought Dyers article quoted a RB's Employee saying that Hans made no effort to get them loan deals.

Now that he cut them, Campos is trying to get them a loan with a few teams interested?

I'm confused, but I'm pretty sure that was the point.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

If we had a manager we could trust and who had a record of making sound personal and management decisions then I would be on board with this. But we don't, we have pretty much the opposite, so their actions are always going to be judged under the heavy weight of scrutiny. There is a difference between saying, well Sir Alex doesn't think these guys will make the grade, and Hans saying it.

Are you making a comparison between Kenny Cooper and Hot/Kassel? If so, what is your point?

Upstate Jason

Upstate Jason

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, #RedBullOut

I don't really get the benefit of keeping two roster spots open.

Cash money. Clubs can keep 1 or 2 roster spots open and pocket $35,000 extra allocation money for each open spot. Seems RBNY decided $70k allocation this year was better than whatever promise Kassel and Hot offered this year and beyond.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Obviously they botched a few trades last year in a scramble to bring in and then kick out De Rosario, but I feel like your argument against their talent assessment would hold more water if the guys we let go ever actually went on to do something at other clubs. Most of the guys we've released are down in lower divisions now, and the guys that did contribute for other MLS clubs did not do so in a significant way. The only young guy Hans gave up that I thought would eventually come back to bite us in the ass was Tchani because I think if he can stay healthy he can be a beast of a holding midfielder, but even he can't find a club to settle with due to injuries.

redbull attack

redbull attack

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Supports:Redbull NY

Now that he cut them, Campos is trying to get them a loan with a few teams interested?

That might not be a bad idea. If either Kassel or Hot improve to MLS caliber, RedBull could buy them back. If they don't, they don't lose nothing. If they were to get injured, they (RedBulls) are not paying for medical bills.

It may not be ethical but it might be cost effective.
I love pretty feet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users