#1 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:15 PM

the 2008 season was my first time following nascar and attending the two events out here in so. cal. was into to it until the chase for the cup started. guess that's because jimmie had it in the bag with no real competition.

this year i'll be attending again when nascar comes into the area. can't wait to see how stewart does under his team. will he continue his streak of 10 seasons with at least one win? how will he do going back to a chevy? who's will emerge as the champion?

IMO i think mark martin will have a stand out year with the hendrick team. the guy is old, but he's good.
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#2 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:35 PM

saw the nationwide race today.

TONY STEWART is a badass driver!

good way to start the season, can't wait for the cup race tomorrow.
Twitter

#3 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

TS14 is The Man. Undisputed (unless your counting major races won lately...). He was in his alternate car as well right?

as for your Feb 6th. post. Age = Experience. When you know the road, you've always got a shot.
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#4 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:28 PM

TS14 is The Man. Undisputed (unless your counting major races won lately...). He was in his alternate car as well right?

as for your Feb 6th. post. Age = Experience. When you know the road, you've always got a shot.

i believe the car was a one time deal driving for hendrick in that #80. after the win i think stewart was trying to convince hendrick to build him another one. there was a promotion along with the car.
your chance to win tony stewart's race suit(race winning suit i might add)
Twitter

#5 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Cruz Azul, USC

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:49 PM

i am so happy to see TS is no longer with toyota. as i am a ford racing supporter, i will be breaking ranks to support tony. last year i just couldn't do it (as he was with toyota), but now that he is with chevy i have no issues.

i am hoping tony kicks some serious ass today.

#6 Hello_Katty

Hello_Katty

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Supports:LAG, Everton

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:55 PM

What's up with Dale Jr?! Two mistakes in the pits? Watching him move up to 5th after that first mistake was great, though. Unfortunately, he made a pretty bad move that took out some of the leaders. Fortunately, one of those leaders was Kyle Busch. :o

#7 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:10 PM

What's up with Dale Jr?! Two mistakes in the pits? Watching him move up to 5th after that first mistake was great, though. Unfortunately, he made a pretty bad move that took out some of the leaders. Fortunately, one of those leaders was Kyle Busch. :o

Complete BS on jr's part. He should been given a competition penalty of 5 laps!!

I hope jr is involved in the next wreck.
Twitter

#8 CCW

CCW

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, G's, Watford

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:49 PM

Complete BS on jr's part. He should been given a competition penalty of 5 laps!!

I hope jr is involved in the next wreck.

I think frustration definitely played a part in that one, whether DJr. meant to do it or not. It was a shame to see so many strong cars get taken out of the running with so many laps left. Would've liked to see the rookie Angulo finish the race. It's hard to believe that he has been driving cars for less than three years and he's already in the 500? Definitely an up and coming talent. Anyway, with this red flag I can finally get some things done until the race; fingers crossed, gets re-started.

EDIT:

Just got back in the house and I guess the race is called. Congrats to Kenseth on the win. I surely would've liked to see the race run the full 200.

#9 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:23 AM

Posted Image

#10 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:10 PM

Anybody interested in going to the race Sunday?
I got two tix with pit passes. Let me know.

Will swap Saturday for a beer.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#11 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:15 AM

Is it fair for me to say that the auto club speedway in Fontana is one of the worst tracks on the schedule? It just seems too big of a track which leads to not so fun viewing for the fans. I wish we had one of the more exciting tracks that lead to better competition.
I'm considering traveling to watch a race at a more exciting track...
Twitter

#12 Hello_Katty

Hello_Katty

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Supports:LAG, Everton

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:37 AM

The races at the Auto Club Speedway always have long green runs resulting in a very spread-out field, lots of lapped cars, and generally not very exciting racing. That said, we go every year. I wouldn't mind if they made it a 400 mile race so that we didn't end up with so many blown engines there.

Anyway, if you're going to travel to a race, and not go very far, I'd suggest the Vegas race. The facility is great, and it's a 400 miler. I hear the infield 'neon garage' is really interesting, too. We've been about 3 times, and are going again next weekend.

#13 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:55 AM

The races at the Auto Club Speedway always have long green runs resulting in a very spread-out field, lots of lapped cars, and generally not very exciting racing. That said, we go every year. I wouldn't mind if they made it a 400 mile race so that we didn't end up with so many blown engines there.

Anyway, if you're going to travel to a race, and not go very far, I'd suggest the Vegas race. The facility is great, and it's a 400 miler. I hear the infield 'neon garage' is really interesting, too. We've been about 3 times, and are going again next weekend.

You hit it on the nose with how the auto club track runs. I disagree with cars having issues with blown engines. Tony Stewart didn't blow his engine today. How did Jr do there today? :lol:
Can't go wrong with vegas. Sounds like a good weekend for you guys. Actually, I'm thinking like daytona, bristol, miracle mile, etc. But, I don't think that'll be happening this year.
Twitter

#14 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:23 AM

GIT R' DUNNNNNNE!!!!!!
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#15 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:19 PM

i laughed at kurt busch's victory lap, but at victory lane i couldn't take my eyes off the girl in the background. guess her job is to look pretty behind the driver. she's so hot! so i did a quick search and found these. she looks so good in that sprint uniform on tv.

Posted Image
Posted Image

anywho, thus far biggest surprise is Tony Stewart. consistent, consistent, consistent.
biggest disappointment thus far has to be Mark Martin.
Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users