JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,206 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
http://www.nypost.co...Ae2knzlMIe6n0MM

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Charlestown Chiefs

Charlestown Chiefs

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order Hockey,Beer,Metro,Women
  • Supports:Metro/RB USMNT NY RANGERS BAYERN

http://www.nypost.co...Ae2knzlMIe6n0MM

I remember hearing Messier say he was staying in NY after 97 too.

Calcio20

Calcio20

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars FC Juve USMNT
The start of the end

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts
Parise will go wherever the money is best if they have a decent chance at a Cup. Fans are loyal. Players are not. Let's face reality here.

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

Parise will go wherever the money is best if they have a decent chance at a Cup. Fans are loyal. Players are not. Let's face reality here.

Professional athletes no longer exist, they are all just mercenaries.
When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Frieslander

Frieslander

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I generally agree but there are exceptions. There are players willing to give a "home team discount," Brodeur would be one.
Soy de Metro.

Charlestown Chiefs

Charlestown Chiefs

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order Hockey,Beer,Metro,Women
  • Supports:Metro/RB USMNT NY RANGERS BAYERN

I generally agree but there are exceptions. There are players willing to give a "home team discount," Brodeur would be one.

Bourque did it many times with the Bruins

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,850 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
It's so funny how easy folks throw stones.

When was the last time you turned down a big raise because you wanted to be loyal to your company?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Well, Brodeur is also an older player at this point in his career, so he's much more likely to take a paycut so he won't have to uproot everything in his life. Earlier in his career, he could have gone anywhere, but he was the Devils franchise goalie, so they paid out the nose for him.

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

Earlier in his career, he could have gone anywhere, but he was the Devils franchise goalie, so they paid out the nose for him.

Until the Devils signed Kovaluchuk they never paid out the nose for anyone.
When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts

Well, Brodeur is also an older player at this point in his career, so he's much more likely to take a paycut so he won't have to uproot everything in his life. Earlier in his career, he could have gone anywhere, but he was the Devils franchise goalie, so they paid out the nose for him.

Brodeur took a substantial hometown discount his last 1 or 2 contracts. Elias was offered almost 8 million a year by the rangers and he signed with the devils for 6 million.

The more you know.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Brodeur took a substantial hometown discount his last 1 or 2 contracts. Elias was offered almost 8 million a year by the rangers and he signed with the devils for 6 million.

The more you know.

Well, I suppose NJ is a good place to go if you want to live "off the grid", so to speak. There's very little media pressure. The schools are good and the suburbs are peaceful. Nobody knows who the players are, so they can go out shopping or out to dinner without people hounding them. Plus, it's nice and quiet playing at The Rock, since the Devils don't have any fans. I could see why a player would like that experience.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts
No fans, no media coverage, no money, blah blah blah.

As a Devil fan, I know that is all lies but I also don't care, as I continually see a good product on the ice while enjoying fair ticket prices.

Calcio20

Calcio20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars FC Juve USMNT

Well, I suppose NJ is a good place to go if you want to live "off the grid", so to speak. There's very little media pressure. The schools are good and the suburbs are peaceful. Nobody knows who the players are, so they can go out shopping or out to dinner without people hounding them. Plus, it's nice and quiet playing at The Rock, since the Devils don't have any fans. I could see why a player would like that experience.

This is true .

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Supports:metro, USMNT
lets be honest, most nhl players, even the "superstars" arent getting recognized in public 99 percent of the time they go out regardless of where they are unless its in canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users