15 replies to this topic

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
For feeding the supporters that stayed for the reserve match. When you do something nice, you will be complimented.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

kubrick74

kubrick74

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • Supports:Metro FC / US Nats
Might be a nice gesture to send Chris heck a thank you letter.

I dont like him either, but good diplomacy always helps.

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hertha BSC, FC Harlem
Sending Soundwave to our tailgate was a nice gesture as well.

"What do I have to do to get you into my van?"~Konrad

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck
http://www.facebook.com/VikingArmySC

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Might be a nice gesture to send Chris heck a thank you letter.

I dont like him either, but good diplomacy always helps.

heck probably didn't even know there was a complimentary food after the game. and if he did, he would probably try and force you to buy a ticket first to get in

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
It was horse meat that Hans was trying to get rid of.

ESCDetroit

ESCDetroit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
Wouldn't give props to Heck on this one, still a nice gesture though. The six of us went behind the bench for the reserve game and they sent someone out for subs and we joked, were is ours and a few minutes later they gave us the extra's. Also few of the first teamers that came out to watch the game talked to us for a few and all were class acts. Eric even giving Keel his scarf.
These views do not represent ESC as a whole, just some jerkoff from Detroit.

Vinny

Vinny

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT, LosTicos by Marriage

It was horse meat that Hans was trying to get rid of.

I've heard about the horses, got any links?
Wasting away on another forum, oh joy!

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

I've heard about the horses, got any links?

http://online.wsj.co...1449448592.html

http://espn.go.com/s...-schaerlaeckens

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Wouldn't give props to Heck on this one, still a nice gesture though. The six of us went behind the bench for the reserve game and they sent someone out for subs and we joked, were is ours and a few minutes later they gave us the extra's. Also few of the first teamers that came out to watch the game talked to us for a few and all were class acts. Eric even giving Keel his scarf.

I'd check to make sure they didn't charge it to your blue card.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

For feeding the supporters that stayed for the reserve match. When you do something nice, you will be complimented.

Really? A thread for the leftover subs (sandwiches, that is)?
Still, they were tasty, & the concession stands were closed.
Now if someone had let Lindpere give us the spare jerseys ... :lol:
Props to Ballouchy, for giving up his game-worn! :cheers:

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Jake... This is progress from past trips. Remember the days when we wouldn't even get a wave? Glad to see these players respect the distance people are traveling to support them.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Calcio20

Calcio20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars FC Juve USMNT

Jake... This is progress from past trips. Remember the days when we wouldn't even get a wave? Glad to see these players respect the distance people are traveling to support them.

:cheers:

adiamas

adiamas

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Highlight of that was this paraphrased exchange with Keel:

Keel: So you guys live out here?
Us: Nope. Most of us drove.
Keel: Bus trip?
Us: No. We drove from Harrison. That guy from Chicago etc...
Keel: wow. Well.. thank you guys. You're awesome.

Petke, Keel, Lindpere, Mehdi, Cooper, Solli, Dax, Soler, Backe and all of the assistants said hello and took at least a min or two to chat.

Seriously cool guys all.

metro_tico

metro_tico

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Yup...props to the guys on the bench who decided to share with us...This was not planned, just something they decided to do on the spot (and because they had lots of extras).
Regardless, it was an awesome gestures and much appreciated by all of us.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Jake... This is progress from past trips. Remember the days when we wouldn't even get a wave?

Of course, I do.
But, I also remember the playoff game in Houston, where the FO provided game tickets, & brought food & water into the section at half time. :cheers:
I'm not saying that we deserved, or even expected anything yesterday. But, we did go & sit directly behind the team bench, and the sutto voce remarks, such as "We're hungry" and "Looks like they've got plenty of extras", and perhaps even some outright begging, had the desired effect! :cheers:

Glad to see these players respect the distance people are traveling to support them.

It did seem that way.
Crew Stadium security told us that the Chicago FO is providing 6 buses for Section 8 to come there.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users