35 replies to this topic

BillFromAstoria

BillFromAstoria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Liverpool, US, SUNY Purchase

People may have received the 2015 season ticket brochure outlining the club's "30 Days of Prizes" for those who renew their season tickets. Those prizes include everything from jerseys and anthem jackets to seats in the owners box or—the grand prize—an away match trip to Portland or Seattle (no bus trip for us, Garber).

Thing is, by law, you do not have to buy season tickets to enter yourself in the drawing, and buying season tickets does not increase your odds of winning. (theoretically)

If you're a cheap bastard, hate the front office, and want to fuck over your fellow season ticketholders (who were going to renew their tickets anyway), follow the instructions in yellow below. It will allow you to win team gear or even a trip to Portland without giving one American cent to Dietrich Mateschitz.

Always read the fine print, folks. 

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.

ELIGIBILITY: The 30 Days of Prizes Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins on August 4, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 5, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. ET (“Promotion Period”). The time shall be determined by Sponsor’s timekeeping systems. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion in determining the timeliness of any action or inaction related to this Sweepstakes. All times mentioned in these Official Rules are in Eastern Time, unless expressly noted otherwise.

This Sweepstakes is open only to legal United States residents of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania who live within a seventy-five (75) mile radius from Red Bull Arena located at 600 Cape May Street, Harrison, NJ 07029 (the “Territory”), who are at least eighteen (18) years old and the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees, officers, and directors of Red Bull New York, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Red Bull Arena, Inc., Major League Soccer, L.L.C. (“MLS”), and Soccer United Marketing, LLC (“SUM”) and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, public relations agencies, prize suppliers, including any vendors providing services in connection with this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sponsor Affiliates”), and employees, agents, directors and officers (including members of their immediate family – i.e., spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren – or those living in the same household) of Sponsor or any Sponsor Affiliates are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.

TO ENTER: You may enter this Sweepstakes in either or both of the following ways, subject to the limitations in these Official Rules:

Purchase Season Tickets. During the Promotion Period, purchase one (1) or more season tickets for the New York Red Bulls 2015 home matches (each, a “Season Ticket”). You will receive one (1) entry into this Sweepstakes for each Season Ticket that you purchase. For an entry to count for a specific drawing, the purchase must be received and finalized by Sponsor before the relevant entry deadline described in the schedule below. A Season Ticket may be purchased via: (i) by telephone (1-877-RBSOCCER); (ii) on-line (http://tickets.newyorkredbulls.com); or (iii) in-person at Red Bull Arena located at 600 Cape May Street, Harrison, NJ 07029.

Mail-In Entry. On a 3”x5” card, hand print your complete name, street address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, zip code, date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy), plus daytime and evening telephone numbers (If you do not have a telephone, indicate “No Phone.”) and your e-mail address. Mail your entry in a hand-addressed, business-size envelope (#10) with first-class postage to: 30 Days of Prizes, c/o Red Bull New York, Inc., 600 Cape May Street, Harrison, NJ 07029. Limit one (1) entry per envelope. For a mail-in entry to count for a specific drawing, the envelope must be postmarked before the relevant “Entry Deadline” listed in the schedule below and received before the “Drawing Date” listed below and associated with that deadline.

Limit thirty (30) entries per person, per family, per household in this Sweepstakes, regardless of which method or methods of entry are used. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, or postage-due entries or entries not received regardless of cause. In the event of a dispute over who submitted an entry, Sponsor will determine the identity of the entrant in its sole discretion. By entering and/or participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and MLS’ Privacy Policy and Terms of Use as set forth in these Official Rules.

METRO T-SHIRTS!

1996NY.com

Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

Limit 30 entries? So if I renew 2 seats I get 2 entries. But for "free" I can get 28 more? What.

BillFromAstoria

BillFromAstoria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Limit 30 entries? So if I renew 2 seats I get 2 entries. But for "free" I can get 28 more? What.

That is how I read the terms and conditions, yes.

But I am no lawyer, despite my ESC membership. 

METRO T-SHIRTS!

1996NY.com

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

That is how I read the terms and conditions, yes.

But I am no lawyer, despite my ESC membership. 

I... am a lawyer. I honestly think I might just fill out 28 3x5 cards... I don't see why not, some of the prizes are very nice.

[This should not be construed as legal advice, or the formation of an attorney-client relationship.]

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Wow.  All of this could have been avoided if they just offered a gift for every early renewal seat like last year instead.  But, no, Marc de Grandpre had to get cheap on us (again).

BillFromAstoria

BillFromAstoria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

I find it interesting that RBNY are assuming there will be a 34-game schedule next season. There had been rumors last year that they would switch to 28. You'd figure MLS would have to announce that, you know, before people put their STH deposits down.

Bait. And. Switch. 

METRO T-SHIRTS!

1996NY.com

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Supports:Metro

If I'm reading the terms correctly, I'm not even eligible. I'm a season ticket holder, but I might be outside the 75 mile radius criteria....such BS.

RedBullsFanatic

RedBullsFanatic

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

30 entries per person?  This is really messed up that you do not have to be a season ticket holder to win a prize.   Adam, anyone who drives over 75 miles each way for every game deserves a prize.

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

30 entries per person?  This is really messed up that you do not have to be a season ticket holder to win a prize.   Adam, anyone who drives over 75 miles each way for every game deserves a prize.

We just tied SJ at home and the traffic is terrible. If you drive from Ferry St., you deserve a prize. 

ig101

ig101

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I was very confused when this email arrived.  Still confused, in fact.  :cheers:

Section133

Section133

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Supports:Metros
You just fucked the season ticket holders. Congrats

RBAlbany

RBAlbany

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:Coaching Soccer
  • Supports:Red Bulls, USA

132 miles!!  I am beyond the 75 miles.  Even if I renew do i not qualify?  It definitly appears I cannot add the additional 3x5 card option.  I already get screwed for the autograph event.  I find it really hard to validate that drive just to get autographs.  They don;t make it easy for upstate fans to be season ticket holders.

BillFromAstoria

BillFromAstoria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

You just fucked the season ticket holders. Congrats

By pointing out a perfectly legal means of entry? Sure.

Let's be honest, this fan base has a hard enough time committing energy to anything except complaining. I don't think they have the attention span to hand-write 30 index cards. We shall see.

METRO T-SHIRTS!

1996NY.com

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Let's be honest, this fan base has a hard enough time committing energy to anything except complaining. I don't think they have the attention span to hand-write 30 index cards. We shall see.

You don't know me too well, do you?  :D

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

But-but-but... Complaining is what we do very WELL here at MetroFanatic. It's part of our DNA, I mean lord knows what we do if we really have a reason to praise ANYTHING that the Austrian Overlords provide... Right?  :)+

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users