317 replies to this topic

Tymatt

Tymatt

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls/MetroStars

Bad things happen with anything metro/red bulls is involved, I mean red bull arena against costa rica, bruce arena, michael bradley, and altidore. Not dax though <3 too soon :(...

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,727 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Alright one thing to add. I ranted about how all our stars coming back to MLS was going to hurt us in 2014. If only I knew.

MLS isn't the problem. Just stop.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

So maybe, just maybe, having the game in Red Bull Arena was the reason the US lost to Costa Rica.  Maybe team is just crap and don't give a shyte.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • Supports:Metro
This all started with Gulati a long time ago. When an economics professor is making huge soccer decisions that is very not good.

Listen Bob Bradley should not have been given a 2nd cycle. But the way he was hard done and the way Klinsmann treated his son coming in told me everything I needed to know about where this program was going. Klinsmann benched one of our best players cause his dad was the former coach. He did win his spot back again quickly but then there was the abrupt dismissal of Bocanegra. Then of course Donovan. And that wasnt contained to individual players. Defenses need consistency and reps. WE ALL KNOW ABOUT THAT! Klinsmann didnt care about building team chemistry or any kind of understanding at any line defense midfield or otherwise.

Arguably the greatest trait of American soccer WAS how they played with heart. Klinsmann ripped out the soul of our national team and even the great Bruce Arena couldnt repair it.

Lots of guys failed us in key moments down this stretch. A perfect storm.

But ultimately this is all on Sunil. He made an idiotic decision that had a snowball effect on the whole program.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,063 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

maybe having the game in Red Bull Arena was the reason the US lost to Costa Rica.

The Arena problem was Bruce, not Red Bull.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ
Gulati and Arena should be fired before the plane takes off.

And +1 to whoever said we shouldnt call up anyone over age 28 or so. Nothing personal, but 2022 is a long ways away. :(

What a terrible night for soccer in the US.

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

MLS isn't the problem. Just stop.

Are you kidding? Look how soft our "stars" have become. I am the biggest MLS fluffer in the world, but if you don't think MLS strengthened CONCACAF teams while weakening the US Nats you're delusional.

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding

With no World Cup action for the next half decade and NFL getting savaged, what an opportunity for basketball, baseball, or something to boost its US sports rank.

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,652 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

With no World Cup action for the next half decade and NFL getting savaged, what an opportunity for basketball, baseball, or something to boost its US sports rank.

Hockey is where it's at but they will shoot themselves in the foot with another pointless lockout coming up.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Bruce Arena the coaching genius.

Hopefully this helps US Soccer in the long run even if it's super painful now.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,652 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Honduras got really screwed with that fake goal too, they should be in the world cup but they are only in the playoff spot vs Australia now. Such a joke that Panama "won"

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,063 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.3554774

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Supports:Metro

MLS drove a multi-year campaign to drive Klinsmann out because he was honest about MLS's standing in the world game.  Then they bent over backwards to defend the bad decisions of Bruce.  Fuck that.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,727 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

MLS drove a multi-year campaign to drive Klinsmann out because he was honest about MLS's standing in the world game.  Then they bent over backwards to defend the bad decisions of Bruce.  Fuck that.

Klinsmann was shit and deserves his share of the blame for his role in the team going down the toilet. Don't try and make him sound like a victim here.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

guanaco20

guanaco20

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
So Twellman is a typical asshole when it comes to criticizing the league and our team. But he was spot on in his rant today after the disgraceful effort the US National Team put out in Trinidad today. Hopefully, this means a complete re-vamp of the US National Team program because we need changes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users