42 replies to this topic

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
Watching NYCFC, they are playing with urgency and their best players are going for this game. I've only been a fan since 2011, but I've never seen really anything go well for us, ever. No conference finals ended well at RBA and almost all over playoff games saw us come up flat. Even wins like against SKC in the play in round a few years ago largely had us doing nothing. But, BWP stepped up and saved us. I guess no one remembers that, but we need that kind of performance consistently from a star player.

Matrim55

Matrim55

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Watching NYCFC, they are playing with urgency and their best players are going for this game. I've only been a fan since 2011, but I've never seen really anything go well for us, ever.

Since 2011 RBNY have two Shields, a USOC final appearance and the third-best overall record in MLS.

Just say "I've never seen this team win a Cup." You sound dumb otherwise.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,062 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Since 2011 RBNY have ... the third-best overall record in MLS.

Regular season?
Link? Thanks

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts
You didn't understand the point. I've never seen anything go well for us when it mattered in an elimination game/playoffs so I'd like an apology out of you. USOC final? Do nothing. Go to Columbus for ECF? Immediately concede. Host first leg of ECF? Lose at home. Go unbeaten for four months? Immediately lose first playoff game. When it matters the most, no one steps up.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts
We knew we needed goals today, yet until a lucky as hell goal, we played with no urgency or passion. Imagine that goal doesn't happen, we probably go the full 90 without a chance. We've gone through different players, different GM's, different coaches. Just doesn't matter, stars never align. What happened today has happened before under totally different circumstances. We did go to Chicago and dominate, yet just showed nothing for 180 minutes against TFC. Playoffs are so damn hard and sometimes you need some luck. Seattle won MLS cup without a shot. They were totally trash for two hours and managed to win it all. Someone's it just takes one guy to get real hot. Sometimes a heroic performance from a goalie. When we need that luck, that hot streak, those heroics, it just doesn't happen. Sometimes it does though. BWP saved us one year against SKC where we looked mostly flat. I'd say a good team can mostly win from a total team performance but will get lucky one game or get total heroics another. One day it will happen.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Regular season?
Link? Thanks

Regular season we've got the 2nd most points over the past three years. 2nd most points per game still when you account for Atlanta and NYCFC. I'm assuming Doyle's numbers have some other comps in there.

Source is the standings tables on MLS's website.

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Regular season?
Link? Thanks

I just did the math quick in Excel. Barring a data entry error...

The Sounders have the most points since 2011 with 387.

We have the second most with 379. Since ditching Backe after the 2012 season, we have the most: 276. The Sounders are right behind us at 268.

Some other fun facts:

The team with the lowest amount of points since 2011? The Union with 292.

Since 2013? Chicago with 201.

DC is near the bottom, though: Since 2011, they've got just 301 points, good for 13th out of 17. Since, 2011, they've got just 204 points, the second worst.

Over the last five seasons, we're the only team to have 50 or more points every season.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts
It's laughable too because the point stands, when it matters most we haven't gotten it done. It's not one man's fault but someone has to step up today and it didn't happen. USOC appearance is nothing and doesn't mean squat, we lost when it mattered. We won two shields but we didn't have to win when it mattered. I believe it was a win and get the shield deal but I'm not so sure we absolutely had to and it wasn't all down to us. Even if it was, we played against the same team twice (who we just beat again) who was already out of it and had nothing to fight for. Garbage examples guy, shouldn't have even used them. When the other team is fighting for survival, they usually look like they want it more. We did not really look like we wanted it today, that's my issue.

This team was capable, see that Cincinnati game. They had no business being it in this year but the fact that they were and couldn't get one guy to step up just makes it suck. If they would have been blown out 7-0 it wouldn't have been shocking. It's worse being that close.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,062 posts

I'd like an apology out of you.

Wow. Somebody on the Internet offended you.
Get over it.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,062 posts

I just did the math quick in Excel.

I was just hoping for a link!

Sounders have the most points since 2011 with 387.
We have the second most with 379.
Since ... 2012 ... the most: 276.

Thanks for the info.
Although I doubt that this will make everyone relax.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts
Thank you for your input Jacob. Go hang out with your buddy many teams Mike.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,062 posts

Go hang out with your buddy many teams Mike.

OK, I will.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

You didn't understand the point. I've never seen anything go well for us when it mattered in an elimination game/playoffs so I'd like an apology out of you. USOC final? Do nothing. Go to Columbus for ECF? Immediately concede. Host first leg of ECF? Lose at home. Go unbeaten for four months? Immediately lose first playoff game. When it matters the most, no one steps up.

Cup semi this year come to mind. We dominated Chicago and have won other eliminations games over the period you quoted. We ate all upset about our big players (BWP/Sacha/Robles) choking again but you can't cherry pick games and make blanket statements like that and not expect to be called out.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,062 posts
Per FS1, If POR-HOU result stands, lower seeds are 10-10 in playoffs since 2011. Since 2012, lower seeds are 7-3 in 2-legged series.

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

You didn't understand the point....so I'd like an apology out of you. 

Is that how that works?  :wacko:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users