1245 replies to this topic

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
It looks like the Quakes are going to be the first team to be forced into playing games at an empty stadium, with the Crew likely next (although not yet for their game this weekend). Locker rooms already closed throughout the league.

https://mobile.twitt...249029462880256

https://www.google.c.../amp/5012421002

https://www.columbus...-match-march-14

I'm assuming by early next week the Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Islanders and Devils will be postponing/cancelling/playing in empty arenas, while most of Manhattan and the urban tri-state area will be working from home. I think the virus as a whole is still overblown by the media but the number of cancellations/disruptions of events around NYC seems to have really picked up over the last 24 hours.

I wonder when the league and club are going to say something. Seems bound to happen in the next couple days.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
Have you seen attendance at RBA? We good.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Tarping off the lower bowl is de Grandpre's wet dream. :)

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

they will still say attendance is 15-20K

:P

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

TARPS! TARPS! TARPS! TARPS-TARPS-TARPS! TARPS! TARPS! TARPS-TARPS-TARPS! TARPS! TARPS! TARPS-TARPS-TARPS! 

EVERY SECTION!

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
This thread lmao. But you are all 100% spot on.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH-COUGH-COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH-COUGH-COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH-COUGH-COUGH 

EMPTY STADIUM 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Devils had a home game tonight and was way more crowded than I had expected it to be given the circumstances. MSG also had a sold out Allman Brothers show so it seems people aren't really all that concerned still.

I don't know what to think but if we play a closed door game it's really not that big of a deal, especially with it being early regular season games.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Remove tarps, mandatory free seat between every two spectators.

Obviously declare max capacity crowd & claim thousands have been left outside the gates due to restrictions.

John Flushing

John Flushing

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts
  • Interests:www.metrofanatic.com
  • Supports:My Own Self Interests.

Due to its extreme popularity, the National Football League can survive anything. And the National Football League has lucked out, because the offseason is well underway. Lack of spectators means lack of revenue. I can only hope that Major League Soccer will survive this tragedy.

1230506127115143718.jpg

"What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Devils had a home game tonight and was way more crowded than I had expected it to be

https://www.nj.com/d...k-concerns.html

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH-COUGH-COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH-COUGH-COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH-COUGH-COUGH 

EMPTY STADIUM 

flight-diverted-after-passengers-became-disruptive-over-someone-coughing/5009043002/

https://www.usatoday...ing/5009043002/

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

I don't really expect the home game on the 28th to be played, at least not in front of fans. Given the 7 to 14 day period where people with it are asymptomatic, the numbers are probably going to explode in the coming week, especially since we've done very little testing. Looking at what has happened in Italy since the first confirmed case a month ago does not bode well for us, particularly since people in powerful positions in the federal government were still literally calling it a hoax only a few days ago.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

people in powerful positions in the federal government were still literally calling it a hoax only a few days ago.

"People in powerful positions in the government" is a slightly odd way of referring to the president. :) But yeah, things will prob get worse. I don't expect the Olympics and the Euro to happen this summer.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

The Mets stadium is a home run ball away from Corona.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users