115 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
First up player decisions need to be submitted to the league on Nov. 24th, when the team will announce them who knows

Egbo, Pendant, Barlow, Royer all probably gone. Jørgensen depends on the length of his contract (If theres an option Id hope they would decline it).

Diarra back to RBS (hopefully)
Edwards back to Stoke
Duncan out of contract and off to Belgium
Coronel purchase option exercised
Fabio, Davis, Long, and Gutman ???
Jensen remains on loan until the end of the European season

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out
If we dont get a real, quality attacking playing, nothing else really matters

Think this the 4th transfer window in a row saying this

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

If we dont get a real, quality attacking playing, nothing else really matters

Think this the 4th transfer window in a row saying this

More like 14th

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out
Lol. In all seriousness tho, in the past we did at least sign Kljestian as a 10, and then sign Kaku for big money. And they both won shields for us. Since Kaku, there has literally been nobody as a playmaker. It is such a clear need for this team. How many windows has that been?

Side note - wtf is happening with that Kaku case? We ever getting that money or...?

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
They will spin this as a successful season and say were one or two pieces away.

People will get excited.

We will be linked to a few interesting names.

The excitement will die out as we get closer to next season without any major signings.

At the last minute they will sign a guy for 5 million that no one really knows

We will convince ourselves that he is an interesting prospect and give Red Bull more rope.

Then we will find ourselves more or less back in this same spot a year from now

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Since Kaku, there has literally been nobody as a playmaker. It is such a clear need for this team. How many windows has that been?

Side note - wtf is happening with that Kaku case? We ever getting that money or...?

To be fair, it's only been one lol. I think they were expecting Clark and Amaya to carry the load a little better than they did, but you're also 100% right that it was clear by the summer window that wasn't gonna happen.

That Kaku case will go on for years since Al-Tawoon seems to have no interest in settling like other clubs have in the past.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

To be fair, it's only been one lol. I think they were expecting Clark and Amaya to carry the load a little better than they did, but you're also 100% right that it was clear by the summer window that wasn't gonna happen.

That Kaku case will go on for years since Al-Tawoon seems to have no interest in settling like other clubs have in the past.

Agree. The club pegged Clark and Amaya as their playmaking midfielders. Instead they were displaced by Omir and Wiki who theoretically have a lower ceiling than those two. Needed to get a more experienced 10 over the summer. Forget the Kaku case. More likely to get a payout from an Adams transfer.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

It's not even hard to build a good roster in MLS its just so frustrating we dont stick to the pretty much established formula. While its not perfect and if you DP9 or DP 10 get hurt youre kind of fucked we dont have either.

Move to a 4231 or 3 at the back formation. 41212 is trash.

Go out and get a Golden boot quality ST - get rid of either fabio or Kilmala one if fine as a back up but both not good enough to start.

Get a DP10 - I can make a list of 100 10's from South america that would work, go get one.

Our CM area is fine with all the guys we have right now - its Davis + 1 which im happy with.

If we keep Gutman which I doubt we do with him and Tolken were in good shape. CB is a positive this season - if long comes back I think we should go 3ATB since we have a lot of good prospects.

RB were kind of in a bad spot - but its not like there arent 500 better rightbacks in the world - its just we have no confidence in getting one...

GK - Keep Cornell hes a top 10 MLS GK maybe top 5? - let Ryan go if he wants to but he might be ok with just staying hometown.

Overall the roster is very good if we add DP10 and DP9, but we wont, it'll be cobbled together with ducktape and now that the USL pipeline has run dry we cant even fill it out with those bodies. 

Pointless season IMO - we ended up where we all thought we would. Davis, Cornell, Duncan had good seasons , but every team lives and dies by its attacking players and they were literally the worst finisher and 2nd worst finisher and KEPT PLAYING 41212, unreal.

Think i might just check out until feb - pretending we will do anything meaningful is just delusional.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

They will spin this as a successful season and say were one or two pieces away.

People will get excited.

We will be linked to a few interesting names.

The excitement will die out as we get closer to next season without any major signings.

At the last minute they will sign a guy for 5 million that no one really knows

We will convince ourselves that he is an interesting prospect and give Red Bull more rope.

Then we will find ourselves more or less back in this same spot a year from now

To be fair, that first sentence is pretty accurate. They really are two attacking pieces away

Sadly, all the other ones are accurate too. Rinse Lather Repeat

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

To be fair, that first sentence is pretty accurate. They really are two attacking pieces away

Yeah as long as the 2 pieces are Thiago Almada and Santiago Giménez.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

It's not even hard to build a good roster in MLS its just so frustrating we dont stick to the pretty much established formula. While its not perfect and if you DP9 or DP 10 get hurt youre kind of fucked we dont have either.

Move to a 4231 or 3 at the back formation. 41212 is trash.

Go out and get a Golden boot quality ST - get rid of either fabio or Kilmala one if fine as a back up but both not good enough to start.

Get a DP10 - I can make a list of 100 10's from South america that would work, go get one.

Our CM area is fine with all the guys we have right now - its Davis + 1 which im happy with.

If we keep Gutman which I doubt we do with him and Tolken were in good shape. CB is a positive this season - if long comes back I think we should go 3ATB since we have a lot of good prospects.

RB were kind of in a bad spot - but its not like there arent 500 better rightbacks in the world - its just we have no confidence in getting one...

GK - Keep Cornell hes a top 10 MLS GK maybe top 5? - let Ryan go if he wants to but he might be ok with just staying hometown.

Overall the roster is very good if we add DP10 and DP9, but we wont, it'll be cobbled together with ducktape and now that the USL pipeline has run dry we cant even fill it out with those bodies. 

Pointless season IMO - we ended up where we all thought we would. Davis, Cornell, Duncan had good seasons , but every team lives and dies by its attacking players and they were literally the worst finisher and 2nd worst finisher and KEPT PLAYING 41212, unreal.

Think i might just check out until feb - pretending we will do anything meaningful is just delusional.

They stopped playing the diamond in the summer. Exclusively a 3-4-2-1 or a 4-2-3-1 down the stretch of the season. A 3-4-2-1 (3-4-3) yesterday.

Now we dont know whether Struber is going to want to go back to one of his preferred formations although the 3 back system we have been playing is close to his 3-4-1-2, just with 2 AM as opposed to 2 ST.

Klimala is on a long term DP contract, hes going to be here and hes going to start matches in the beginning of 2022, then well see what happens.

Most other fan bases in the league see 2 open DP spots heading into an offseason and are confident their FO is looking to fill those before the start of the next season. That doesnt really apply here, which is frustrating.

Then you also have the very real possibility that if they fill both DP spots they will be paper DPs a la Yearwood or Josh Sims. We know the players are more than likely going to be <24 years old, but the quality has to be there.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Alright, this is what I got for next season

MbSRKKl.png

Of the guys in a questionable contract situation, I'm inclined to think we hold on to Davis and Coronel, lose out on Edwards, Gutman, Fabio, Duncan, and Diarra.

Priority of off-season signings for me would be:

1) Starting attacking mid

2) Another starting attacking mid

3) Starting right fullback

4) Backup striker

I'm expecting another barrage of prospective signings from Thelwell this winter, if he can stick the landing on these four then I think we're in great shape next year.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

Yeah, I agree. We had a top shelf goalie. We had a defense that rivaled the best in the sport. Our two mids in front of the back line are good enough for a championship level team.

The massive hole is a couple of difference makers in attack. There are good pieces in the attack, but as a collective unit, it lacks that top tier talent needed to win in this league.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Lol. In all seriousness tho, in the past we did at least sign Kljestian as a 10, and then sign Kaku for big money. And they both won shields for us. Since Kaku, there has literally been nobody as a playmaker. It is such a clear need for this team. How many windows has that been?

Looking at the team this year, the problem wasn't creating chances, it was finishing them.    If Fabio and/or Klimala had just average G/xG numbers, we'd be Cup contenders.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

Alright, this is what I got for next season

MbSRKKl.png

Of the guys in a questionable contract situation, I'm inclined to think we hold on to Davis and Coronel, lose out on Edwards, Gutman, Fabio, Duncan, and Diarra.

Priority of off-season signings for me would be:

1) Starting attacking mid
2) Another starting attacking mid
3) Starting right fullback
4) Backup striker

I'm expecting another barrage of prospective signings from Thelwell this winter, if he can stick the landing on these four then I think we're in great shape next year.

I think we are in complete agreement. Will say I expect Long at LCB, Nealis at CCB, and Reyes at RCB.

RB is a very important position, so might have to commit more resources their than most other teams would.

Wiki, Harper, and Amaya should be worked into those backup 10 positions. I dont expect the team to sign more depth pieces for those spots, only starters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users