I smell...

lumbricus terrestris.

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
We should go with the same line up as last two games but with Harper up top with Fabio instead of white/Barlow.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I still want to see Royer start up with Fabio until Klimala is ready to go. He's so far ahead of White and Barlow in almost every facet of the game other than maybe pure running. 

I'd be excited to see Yearwood pick up more minutes too, although its a tough decision as to who should sit for him. Lots of our CMs are playing very well right now.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

I still want to see Royer start up with Fabio until Klimala is ready to go. He's so far ahead of White and Barlow in almost every facet of the game other than maybe pure running. 

I'd be excited to see Yearwood pick up more minutes too, although its a tough decision as to who should sit for him. Lots of our CMs are playing very well right now.

I think you hit the nail on the head... White and Fabio provide the relentless running that helps this whole system go. I love Royer, been my fave player for years, but hes in the right role for this system. I think hes been a big reason why we look good playing with a lead late in the match. Solid super sub. White was good today I have no issue with him until Klimala starts, hopefully soon.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I think you hit the nail on the head... White and Fabio provide the relentless running that helps this whole system go. I love Royer, been my fave player for years, but hes in the right role for this system. I think hes been a big reason why we look good playing with a lead late in the match. Solid super sub. White was good today I have no issue with him until Klimala starts, hopefully soon.

I agree that Royer is a fantastic super sub but I think in Thelwell's ideal world he'd be off the books in return for some GAM/TAM/Whatever and they'd be able to appropriate that salary elsewhere. In the meantime it's a luxury for sure, especially given his veteran status at the club on a very young team, but I don't think this lasts beyond 2021.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

A whole 'nother week to see the next chapter in the "Chronicles of Amazin' Caden and Frankie Hustle"

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
Royer had his hands on the knees and looked gassed after 45 minutes

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA

Royer had his hands on the knees and looked gassed after 45 minutes

It was a good 45 minutes though. Super sub...until they're able to move him to another MLS team for some funny money (I will miss him).

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

I'd rather see Royer from the start alongside Fabio. Chances will be harder to come by on the road against a decent Philly team. Royer is more likely to create something or finish something that the other options. Start him and if he's gassed being Harper on I'd like him to get more of a run out. 

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

I'd rather see Royer from the start alongside Fabio. Chances will be harder to come by on the road against a decent Philly team. Royer is more likely to create something or finish something that the other options. Start him and if he's gassed being Harper on I'd like him to get more of a run out. 

Everyone is obsessed with Harper up top. I definitely want to see him too but its clear Struber has a depth chart in mind. Harper is behind a lot of guys and hasnt done anything yet in his limited time to make it seem like hes going to be moving above guys like Omir and White or even, forgive me for saying, Barlow

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle
I smell a club that desperately wants a rivalry with us.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Philadelphia is the largest ever Service Area built on the NJ Turnpike. #TrueStory 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Royer ... looked gassed after 45 minutes

Got dented a little, I thought he might be subbed off.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Philly have a game on Wednesday as well, so hopefully theyre a bit tired.

Best XI vs best XI I think theyre better than us but theyre a little beat up and tired right now so I think we can get something.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Best XI vs best XI I think theyre better than us...

Maybe, but they lost two starters from last seasons Shield side and weve added so many new pieces that are still somewhat unknowns. I dont know if you can say Philly is still better than us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users