122 replies to this topic

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,602 posts
  • Supports:Metro

If this is a free transfer, every single fan should be outraged.

#RedBullOut

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,655 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

If this is a free transfer, every single fan should be outraged.

The club again reconfirmed that there was a transfer fee, so at least there's that. If the fee is less than $750k then every fan should still be outraged, but that seems unlikely.

I'm trying to decide if there's any reason to care if the fee was more than that though. Normally the rest of the money would go towards infrastructure, but the transfer fee would be coming from the guys who are already cutting those checks...

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,237 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

every single fan should be outraged.

The only thing that should outrage fans, is RB not hosting MLS Cup this Saturday.
I am not even outraged by that, after 23 years of frustration.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,237 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

For the current season, they are significantly in the green from transfers according to TM

https://en.onefootba...uit-due-to-ffp/
If they only have 20 to 30 million euros to spend, they will want to gift RBNY as little as possible for Adams.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,858 posts

My outrage is if they don't already have Tyler's replacement signed or nearly signed, or at least at a minimum in deep discussions and a back up plan included in case target one falls through. They have known for a long time they would be losing him. 

I understand they may be thinking they will make do with someone already in the fold, but in my mind they would be crazy not to bring in a superior talent than what we have currently available.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

https://en.onefootba...uit-due-to-ffp/
If they only have 20 to 30 million euros to spend, they will want to gift RBNY as little as possible for Adams.

Of course, but per FFP rules, the amount paid cannot be below "fair value." Calculating fair value can naturally be quite nebulous.

Summary of the calculation of the break-even results

2. Relevant expenses are equivalent to the sum of the following elements (defined in part  C): 

a)  Expenses – Cost of sales/materials

b)  Expenses – Employee benefits expenses

c)  Expenses – Other  operating expenses

d)  Loss on disposal and amortisation/impairment of player registrations (and/or costs of acquiring player  registrations)

e)  Finance costs and dividends

Relevant expenses must be increased if any of the elements a) to e) above include the item f) below (defined in part C):  

f) Expense transaction(s) with related party(ies) below fair value.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

My outrage is if they don't already have Tyler's replacement signed or nearly signed, or at least at a minimum in deep discussions and a back up plan included in case target one falls through. They have known for a long time they would be losing him. 

I understand they may be thinking they will make do with someone already in the fold, but in my mind they would be crazy not to bring in a superior talent than what we have currently available.

Casseres is the plan. Everyone needs to accept this. Armas and the rest of the staff are super high on this guy.

Armas even said at one point he was further along than Adams at the same age.

Agree with it or not Casseres WILL slot into his role unless someone else already on the roster blows the lid off their talent ceiling in preseason.

Now then...a multi million dollar attacking player please.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,655 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Casseres is the plan. Everyone needs to accept this. Armas and the rest of the staff are super high on this guy.

Armas even said at one point he was further along than Adams at the same age.

Agree with it or not Casseres WILL slot into his role unless someone else already on the roster blows the lid off their talent ceiling in preseason.

Now then...a multi million dollar attacking player please.

Too early to know that man, should we assume Ndam is the starting CB cause he got praise after a decent debut too? Someone who watches RB2 more closely can correct me but I don't remember Casseres looking anywhere CLOSE to as dominant in USL play as Adams was when he was there.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,602 posts

The club again reconfirmed that there was a transfer fee, so at least there's that. If the fee is less than $750k then every fan should still be outraged, but that seems unlikely.

I'm trying to decide if there's any reason to care if the fee was more than that though. Normally the rest of the money would go towards infrastructure, but the transfer fee would be coming from the guys who are already cutting those checks...

5 mill can perhaps pay for a residential academy for a couple of years?   Given our place in the hierarchy, think it's pretty important for us to have that money under local control.

#RedBullOut

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,335 posts

https://www.goal.com...ki1rkr3ay5ylmbd

The details - 3 million with 33% sell on clause. 

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Too early to know that man, should we assume Ndam is the starting CB cause he got praise after a decent debut too? Someone who watches RB2 more closely can correct me but I don't remember Casseres looking anywhere CLOSE to as dominant in USL play as Adams was when he was there.

Cherry picking with a very quick web search and apart from what Armas said we have:

Robles said, Casseres has been a pleasant surprise. From what Ive seen to see a player that has just turned 18 years old, and yet play with the sort of maturity as a seasoned vet is great for us. He could be one of the most impactful signings we make this year.

And...

@KristianRDyer
Spoke with one MLS head coach about Cristian Casseres Jr. who he scouted. He told me, no exaggeration, that "Casseres reminds me alot of Tyler [Adams]. He's got a very high ceiling. Could see him in Europe in three years, easily." #RBNY

Again...people might not be excited about it, but coaches who have watched him play are super high on the guy. They are quite literally looking at him as another Tyler Adams.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,392 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

i wonder, is that for a transfer away from RBLeipzig only or is that with every transfer? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

3 mill is low, but 33% sell on is pretty sweet.  I wonder how that works with MLS rules.  Obviously since his contract was with the league, they're the ones that directly get the 33% fee, but I don't know how that's distributed back to us.  Would hope we get 100%, but it's MLS so who knows.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,392 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

don't think that's how it is. he's one of our homegrowns, i think we keep everything. it's prob why we sign so many. unlike FCD who sign a lot of homegrowns, but didn't have a reserve team to play them. next yr they'll have one in USL1. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.
With This signing it made me think of something...

So if RB Leipzig and NYRB works with synergy, why can't NYRB and the actual Energy Drink RedBull work together? Can't NYRB they just go around the salary cap and or Fifa fair play rules by signing players to a low wage to stay under the salary cap but after signing him or at the end of his time playing with RedBull sign him to a huge RedBull energy advertising endorsement deal?

Like say for instance getting a guy like Macnelly Torres and since he's without a club and has no agent he could be a easy sign. And then sign him to say 100k... Then after he signs the deal and or even completed the deal or retired or whatever RedBull sign him for an endorsement deal for say 4-5 million
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users