217 replies to this topic

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,263 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The point is still the same.  Are your 19-20 roster spots better than call ups from RBNY2?  If we had to play guys that from deep on the bench would anyone feel confident.  We weren't confident was Monzon had to see minutes.

Look at LAFC's roster. They work with the same rule set that we do. Are they the exception? Maybe. But at least they're ambitious.

And, yes, the 19-20 roster spots should be better than RBNY2 call-ups. Absolutely. Too bad we're wasting our senior spots on dreck like Pendant and Monzon, so we're actually only using 16.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Look at LAFC's roster. They work with the same rule set that we do. Are they the exception? Maybe. But at least they're ambitious.

And, yes, the 19-20 roster spots should be better than RBNY2 call-ups. Absolutely. Too bad we're wasting our senior spots on dreck like Pendant and Monzon, so we're actually only using 16.

I'm jealous of LAFC top roster spots.  I'd have to look, but has the bottom of their roster played much?  And agreed on Pendant.  I didn't think Monzon looked bad in short stint.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,263 posts

I'm jealous of LAFC top roster spots.  I'd have to look, but has the bottom of their roster played much?  And agreed on Pendant.  I didn't think Monzon looked bad in short stint.

They have 25 people with minutes this year. We have 22.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,343 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I don't think LAFC is dangerous because guys 19-20 on their roster are any better than our RB2 guys. They are dangerous because their quality in spots 11-18 blows the rest of the league out of the water.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

They have 25 people with minutes this year. We have 22.

Are they the best team in the league because of those 3 players?  I'm not against filling those spots, I just don't think they're a real problem.  Our problem is at starting striker, our problem is at the top of our roster.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,263 posts

Castillo called up again. Might have a chance to play this time.

Ssewardda available as well.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Atlanta has 8 guys out with 1 questionable. Red Bulls have 6 out with 3 questionable. Thats a lot.

Play 8-a-side?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I like sse. Dude is always pumping throughballs and playing direct. Love it.

Castillo not to sure about him but he should be given a shot to prove himself.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I don't think LAFC is dangerous because guys 19-20 on their roster are any better than our RB2 guys. They are dangerous because their quality in spots 11-18 blows the rest of the league out of the water.

They are better than us for both those reasons. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

They are better than us for both those reasons. 

Clearly the 17 minutes from Trejo Del Rio, the 16 from Jennings, Seguras 3 minutes, and their combined 0 goals, 0 assists, and 0 shots this season have vaulted LAFC into the Shield lead. Its too bad RBNY cant get quality guys like that to fill out senior roster spots.

Come on, theyre leading the Shield race because of guys like Vela and Arango (a striker that can actually put the ball in the net). Theyre showing how important winning is to them, by not sitting idle, by going out and getting Bale, even when they have the best record. Their success has very little to do with the three guys above getting minutes over someone like Sserwadda or Castillo here.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,586 posts

https://twitter.com/...serp|twgr^tweet

Long and Luq still questionable.

How many covid tests can you take in 1 day lol unless they are out and it is a bit of gamesmanship

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,800 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
I just dread watching us without Luqui. We are an entirely different, worse, boring team without him.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

As a sad nets fan I would really appreciate a fun game and a win tonight por favor. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,263 posts

Long starts!

Luquinhas on bench!

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,586 posts

Long starts!

Luquinhas on bench!

Whose nose did they swab?
Jan Halvor Halvorsons?
Who cares?
Hoo ray!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users