239 replies to this topic

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The playoff calendar has nothing to do with NFL stadiums.

Anyway, fuck Sarachan for playing our guys 90 in this boring-as-hell game. Good riddance.

The Seahawks and Falcons both play at home on December 12th and neither one plays at home on this Sunday.  The second leg is being played the Thursday before the 12th almost certainly because of potential schedule conflicts for Seattle and Atlanta.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

RogerPhoto

RogerPhoto

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

It was quite fantastic to run into long-time Metro supporter Gerald at the match in Genk tonight; but (like everyone else on here) we clearly saw a lot more of Adams and Long than I would like.  (I was surprised to see them on the field at all in the second half.)

Roger (aka da photographer // in Brussels)

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Kudos to anyone who spends their money and time traveling to watch this putrid team. I feel like I wasted my time watching it on TV.

Fucking horrid that he kept both our guys in for the entire time for no fucking reaosn. Team blows.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

It was quite fantastic to run into long-time Metro supporter Gerald at the match in Genk tonight

Great that you two were able to catch up with each other!
I could hear him over the entire crowd!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

That's not how it works. 

They should have had "injuries" after the Columbus games not gone.  Indeed Sarachan said Adams wasn't ready for the England game.  It's not like they were there to impress a new coach since they already impressed him in the two games immediately prior :)  

F USSF for this coaching farce

F Dave Sarachan for calling them and playing full 90

F RB for letting them go in the first place

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Ridiculous.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
I get why Long went, his place in the Nats isnt as solidified as Adams; the next USMNT may not have been on sidelines, but Im sure he watched both matches, so it was still a chance for Aaron to show what he can do wearing the Stars & Stripes.

Tyler probably could caller in sick and he still would have started the next important match.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I get why Long went, his place in the Nats isnt as solidified as Adams; the next USMNT may not have been on sidelines, but Im sure he watched both matches, so it was still a chance for Aaron to show what he can do wearing the Stars & Stripes.

Tyler probably could caller in sick and he still would have started the next important match.

100% agree. But if you have to play either of them for 90 minutes, you do it in the first game. Really inconsiderate from the temp.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

100% agree. But if you have to play either of them for 90 minutes, you do it in the first game. Really inconsiderate from the temp.

No doubt.

The only silver lining to this break is that Miggy & Martínez each went 70-90 at much further locations. So hopefully whatever fatigue issues Aaron has from playing on Tuesday will be matched theirs.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

No doubt.

The only silver lining to this break is that Miggy & Martínez each went 70-90 at much further locations. So hopefully whatever fatigue issues Aaron has from playing on Tuesday will be matched theirs.

MLS must be thrilled...arguably the best playoff series ever on paper and star players on both sides were flown around the world to play meaningless games 5 days before

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

No doubt.

was nice reading that yesterday. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

was nice reading that yesterday. 

I think Martinez had it the worst for this international break.  Trips to Japan and then Qatar.  The guy pretty much circumvented the world. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Tab win CONCACAF U20 championship. Tyler Sargent and Weah age-eligible for the upcoming U20 tournament in Polska next yr, but will prob play for the senior team in the Gold Cup. 

This group of U20s looked fun to watch, for real. Can't even imagine what a best XI is for this age group. It'll serve as the core of the next Olympic qualifying run in '19 or '20. Tyler Sargent Weah Pulisic McKinnie will all be age eligible. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Tab win CONCACAF U20 championship.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=ofAr3CJDc5I
Dos-a-Cero!
https://www.goal.com...1v1gmc1m2rsyuug
I started a U20 WC thread in the NMR sub forum.

This group of U20s looked fun to watch, for real. 

Someone asked me if Mexico was fielding their top players against us. IMO GK Scott had a tremendous game, to keep El Tri off the scoreboard. And one shot was cleared off the line by a midfielder!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I think Martinez had it the worst for this international break.  Trips to Japan and then Qatar.  The guy pretty much circumcised the world. 

FTFY

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users