Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,441 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

at this point, who knows. what we do know is that they were willing to spend $5m-$6m for Pussetto 12 months ago, when the price eclipsed that, the team didn't go for it, and Pussetto was off to Udinese for $8m. those are the facts. 

In the same vein, I liked Cristian Cueva from Sao Paolo, but he left to a Ukrainian(?) team for $9m. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,588 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.
Pusetto not that impressive after the 17-18 season and maybe that wasn't worth it for MLS and or maybe Pusetto just didn't want to come to MLS but maybe he pushed Huracan when Udinese came calling

https://twitter.com/...5870161921?s=21 It looks like Luis Diaz agent is reaching out to mls, wouldnt it be nice if we could sign him?

If they paid for Kaku they can pay for Luis Diaz and I've been saying for months they should and I'll add Orlando Berrío and Macnelly Torres or Yimmi Chara
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,588 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.
https://futbolred.co...l-en-2016-91981

Marlos Moreno who was a key figure for winning Copa Libretadores a few years back is going to be without a club sort of speak... I wonder if his parent club being the parent club of an MLS team would object to him going anywhere other than their affiliate..
It's more of a rhetorical question...

Still he'd be a good pick up for any MLS team Imo...

I still think a Yimmi Chara and William Parra and Orlando Berrío would be perfect fits and push this team over the top...

Liga MX being on off season should yield a good option or two.. And considering that their league is top dog on Concacaf and ccl is approaching poaching a proven Liga MX talent should be thought about as an alternative to trying to sign the next Josef Martínez or the next Miggy Almiron

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,961 posts
  • Supports:Metro

They are a solid Allstar calibre DP or two from winning MLS Cup...

You can say that about just about every team in the league.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,588 posts
No not even close... Almost all except for four or five teams are more than two players away from the title.. Being a good player or two away isn't the same as being the bottom of that pack.. Those teams are a whole organization make-over away from the MLS Cup title... It's not the same as KC, Seattle, Dallas or NYRB or even LAFC being maybe 2 really good players as opposed to being Orlando City, two players is not gonna help them or a team like Chicago or DC or at this point NYCFC or Montréal etc etc... DC got Rooney playing great and they still did what they did which was punch way above their weight class..

For once i truly believe NYRB have a shot not since the day before they lost to Columbus in the final do i feel this hopeful..

If they get a CM that can defend as good or better than Adams even if he can't go forward like Adams can that's fine..

And add one or two wingers/CAMs that can score and assist... And i think they'll be front runners

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,394 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

For once i truly believe NYRB have a shot not since the day before they lost to Columbus in the final do i feel this hopeful.

You lost faith on the day of the game?
I expected a miracle for about 52 minutes!
https://en.m.wikiped...ki/MLS_Cup_2008
Written by a Crew fan?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Feel like his name comes up every year, and i haven't seen him play so i don't know if hes lost a step but Ruiz is asking for his release from Santos according to twitter.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,551 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Feel like his name comes up every year, and i haven't seen him play so i don't know if hes lost a step but Ruiz is asking for his release from Santos according to twitter.

33?  5 goals in his last 80 something games?  No, thank you.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,588 posts
I was reading about Transfer rumors and I was surprised by how much lower some rumored transfer fees are and how some players are surprisingly without a club..

Hugo Rodallega has a Transfer Fee of Only 1.7 million... He would be a upgrade at winger for NYRB or even push Kaku out wide and Rodallega behind BWP

Also surprised to see that Yohan Cabaye is without a club...

Elkin Blanco, a very good Defensive Midfielder..

Also Andrés "Manga" Escobar is without a club and i think hasn't had a fair shot at any club yet he's much faster than Muyl anf Etienne and a better dribbler that can create chances and score... He was decent for Dallas FC

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,588 posts
Wohoo new thread...

Just gonna add... I think this group needs some help scoring especially against teams that bunker down.. Guys that can play multiple positions at Second Striker or CAM and as wingers are needed...

Hugo Rodallega is very accessible at 800k-1.7 transfer fee.and the guy has scored 100+ goals in his career.

Yimmi Chara would also be a good fit...

If i had a say they would be my choices because I like their playing style cuz and they're the surest bets that are affordable for NY and rumored to move soon

I'd also add Orlando Berrío

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,588 posts

I just saw the cap increased a bit Im still holding out hope for a LW difference maker.

At the least....

I really think they ought to add at least 3 attacking players.. For sure have one or two of them be big splashes

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,723 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

At the least....

I really think they ought to add at least 3 attacking players.. For sure have one or two of them be big splashes

For me its just one starting winger and one backup striker. I think we've got enough depth on the wings.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The twitter account MLS_Buzz has actually called a handful of moves before they've happened lately.  Was formed last month and is worth a follow.

Currently says that Fernando Gaibor has an offer from MLS.  6 mill is probably too high for us though.

Also reporting that Bautista Merlini from San Lorenzo has an offer from an important MLS club.  23 year old left winger, valued at around 2M, I could see that happening.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,551 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The twitter account MLS_Buzz has actually called a handful of moves before they've happened lately.  Was formed last month and is worth a follow.

Currently says that Fernando Gaibor has an offer from MLS.  6 mill is probably too high for us though.

Also reporting that Bautista Merlini from San Lorenzo has an offer from an important MLS club.  23 year old left winger, valued at around 2M, I could see that happening.

These are the caliber of players we should be hoping for.   $6M is Kaku money, so realistic for us.   But Gaibor plays central, so don't know where he would fit, unless we would be telling Casseres its not his time.   Merlini is a right footed but plays on the left... don't see us replacing Royer before we fill the hole on the other side.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,723 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

These are the caliber of players we should be hoping for.   $6M is Kaku money, so realistic for us.   But Gaibor plays central, so don't know where he would fit, unless we would be telling Casseres its not his time.   Merlini is a right footed but plays on the left... don't see us replacing Royer before we fill the hole on the other side.   

I'd actually prefer to have Casseres as the 3rd CM with a more experienced player next to Davis. It'd allow him to still get a ton of minutes this year without the immense pressure of filling Adams' shoes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users