19 replies to this topic

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • Supports:Metro & USA

Parker also had a bad game against DCU and John Rooney's brother.

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Interests:RedBullOut
  • Supports:Metro, RedBullOut

My only thing on the Union CB pairing is I do think it's a good idea to have some positions with guys from the same team, as chemistry/understanding can go a long way. Especially considering CB's need to have a lot of work together, it's not a bad idea to try it out. 

Having said that, I hardly watched Philly this year so I have no real opinion on these two. Just saying I like the idea in general.

#RedBullOut

Rats get fat, good men die.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

My only thing on the Union CB pairing is I do think it's a good idea to have some positions with guys from the same team, as chemistry/understanding can go a long way. Especially considering CB's need to have a lot of work together, it's not a bad idea to try it out. 

In competitive games or close to them, sure. But you create that understanding in the club team (the whole reason why the idea makes sense), so using these friendlies to try out/create chemistry between non-club teammates a good year before qualifiers start is also reasonable.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,461 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia
Terry Boss is apparently serving as goalkeeper coach during January camp.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
The number of coaches with a Metro background is amazing.

MLS: Petke, Vermes, Gio
Assts: Fraser, Hendrickson, Razov, K. Arena
USYNTs: Ramos, van den Bergh (U19 HC), Meola, Sorber (now at LAFC), and Omid Namazi.
Now Terry Boss as GK coach with the senior team.

US Soccer Pro License is awarded to about 10 people each year. Last year, Steve Trittschuh (very losely played/trained with Metro), Ezra Hendrickson, Kenny Arena and Robin Fraser.
This year, you have Mike Petke, Gio Savarese, DVDB, and Ante Razov as candidates.

USL: Woly, Ibra, Braeden Cloutier, Tim Mulqueen, Jamison Olave, Gerson Echeverry, and John Harkes.

You have Henry at Monaco and Jesse at Leipzig.

Chris Leitch was with SJ, Richie Williams was involved with the US, DC, RB teams, Donadoni coached a bit as did Lothar, Brian Bliss did great things.

The list goes on and on.
2013, 2015 and 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users