37 replies to this topic

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Sucks but not totally out of the blue. Best case scenario they loan him back to us until August

Not sure if that would be a good thing. I'm pretty comfortable that we'll make the playoffs with or without Murillo, but whoever replaces him for the playoff run could probably use the additional time early on in the season to mesh with the rest of the team.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,394 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I am happy to anoint you that honor.

I an not a monarchist, though.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Per the athletic, Murillo has suitors overseas, but the FO is also willing to see what other teams have to offer. Also we already rejected one trade offer for him.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,723 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Per the athletic, Murillo has suitors overseas, but the FO is also willing to see what other teams have to offer. Also we already rejected one trade offer for him.

I think we could sell him abroad for enough of a fee to get the full allocation bonus, so if any MLS team is gonna make an offer it should at least match that. There are a lot of MLS teams that he'd immediately make better, I'd rather we just ship him overseas.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,441 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I'd rather we just ship him overseas.

this. if he indeed does get traded/sold, he had a pretty good run here. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,927 posts

this. if he indeed does get traded/sold, he had a pretty good run here. 

The only way I would trade him within MLS is if it among other things moved us to the head of the line if some US Nat we wanted was coming back to the US.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,441 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

The only way I would trade him within MLS is if it among other things moved us to the head of the line if some US Nat we wanted was coming back to the US.

there's that too. that's how we got Sacha in '15, trading up for that spot, iirc. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,961 posts

there's that too. that's how we got Sacha in '15, trading up for that spot, iirc. 

If we were to trade him, the only things worth receiving would be a second forward option or cover at central midfield should the Casseres / Davis pairing not work.

Murillo is an All Star caliber outside back...  who is as good offensively for a wingback as any player in the league. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Why the hell would we trade him within the league? If we sell him abroad we get the allocation bonus + he gets a salary bump + we don't have to face him 1-2x per season + playoffs.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts

Sell him abroad - sure, if the right offer comes along. 

Trade him within the league - hell no. Stupid to even consider. 

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,927 posts

Sell him abroad - sure, if the right offer comes along. 

Trade him within the league - hell no. Stupid to even consider. 

If you get enough back to make you noticeably better? Why not consider that?

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,723 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

If you get enough back to make you noticeably better? Why not consider that?

Cause he'd make most of our competition noticeably better too.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,927 posts

Cause he'd make most of our competition noticeably better too.

One team possibly better, couldn't be "most" regardless. Remember they give up stuff too. If it is a team in the West who you only play once?

You'd be reckless not to consider all alternatives.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Yeah, my first choice is to of course send him abroad, and that's probably what he wants too, but if LA wants to give up Alessandrini or we can get enough cash to bring in someone who can score from the wings, it's hard to turn that down right?

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

One team possibly better, couldn't be "most" regardless. Remember they give up stuff too. If it is a team in the West who you only play once?

You'd be reckless not to consider all alternatives.

Sure, you'd consider all options rather than dismiss offers out of hand. It's just pretty unlikely we'll get something better than an all-star WB from a team within the league. GAM/TAM also unlikely to trump what we'd get from an external transfer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users