6/19 @ Westchester Flames
6/23 v Morris Elite SC
6/27 @ Morris Elite SC
6/30 v New Jersey Copa FC
7/2 v FA Euro New York
7/5 v Manhattan SC
7/7 v Westchester Flames
7/11 v FC Motown

With NYRBII having a lot of academy players expected, I'd expect a lot of college kids on the U23 roster.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Schedule released:
5/16 @ FC Motown
5/19 @ Long Island Rough Riders
5/26 @ Cedar Stars Rush
6/5 @ Manhattan SC
6/12 @ New Jersey Copa FC
6/16 v Cedar Stars Rush
6/19 @ Westchester Flames
6/23 v Morris Elite SC
6/27 @ Morris Elite SC
6/30 v New Jersey Copa FC
7/2 v FA Euro New York
7/5 v Manhattan SC
7/7 v Westchester Flames
7/11 v FC Motown

With NYRBII having a lot of academy players expected, I'd expect a lot of college kids on the U23 roster.

I would expect some of the second tier academy kids who may not be able to get minutes with rb2 to play u-23 as well as some of the u-17s and u-15s

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
Bo Cummins playing with ocean city nor easters

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Bo Cummins playing with ocean city nor easters

Saw that, interesting move for Bo. Also heard OC many have some other faces we would know signing on.

FC Motown will have a familiar look, as will Long Island Rough Riders. Lots of former academy players staying local.

@CurseofCaricola

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Saw that, interesting move for Bo. Also heard OC many have some other faces we would know signing on.

FC Motown will have a familiar look, as will Long Island Rough Riders. Lots of former academy players staying local.

cedar stars has a few as well. Ben Bograd is at west Chester Makes me really interested in our roster I expect some fringe usl academy and u-19s to play there. Kevin otoole is likely

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

FC Motown will have a familiar look

They will be playing @ FC Monmouth tomorrow night.
Bought an FCM ST (4 games) for $24.
Games are within walking distance of the Red Bank NJ Transit station. Coast Line direct from Penn Station.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

5/19 game @ LIRR has been rescheduled to 6/9?

Also, does Tony Tchani really play for FC Motown?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

With so many ex RBAcademy guys out there in USL2 land...any chance of them once their college/USL2 careers are over, can they be "repatriated" into the program to hopefully win a spot with the first team or RB2? Or are the chances of that happening are low?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

With so many ex RBAcademy guys out there in USL2 land...any chance of them once their college/USL2 careers are over, can they be "repatriated" into the program to hopefully win a spot with the first team or RB2? Or are the chances of that happening are low?

Very possible...long, long, long list if guys since 2015 that came back into the fold after leaving the U23s to try their luck in the SuperDuperDraft.

@CurseofCaricola

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

Also, does Tony Tchani really play for FC Motown?

He does. Along with some others that we would recognize (Kenan Hot, Joey Fala, Zach Knudson and a few other former academy players).

Motown playing Morris Elite today. They have a few former RBNY Academy/U23s playing for them too.

Motown playing our NYRBII U23s a week from today. We are one of very few USL2 teams to not announce our roster yet...unsurprisingly.

@CurseofCaricola

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
4 other teams in our division dont have a roster up

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I ask this with no implied cynicism, but what purpose does the U23 team serve in the eyes of Red Bull? Do they see it as a legitimate developmental arm for the Major League Soccer roster? Is it a scouting/developmental arm for the USL team? Or is it more of an Academy selling point to players/parents where you recognize not everyone is going to "make it" and you're just looking after your own during summers away from college?

I ask because it's so far generated one or two fringe MLS players and not even that many USL mainstays so I'm wondering what makes it all (time, energy, money, liability, etc.) worth it for the organization. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Possibly a little of all three. But imo, it has done a decent job of sending some guys to the reserves, White being one that comes to memory. I think of it as like our equivalent of a Single-A team in the ol' NY/Penn League. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

I ask this with no implied cynicism, but what purpose does the U23 team serve in the eyes of Red Bull? Do they see it as a legitimate developmental arm for the Major League Soccer roster? Is it a scouting/developmental arm for the USL team? Or is it more of an Academy selling point to players/parents where you recognize not everyone is going to "make it" and you're just looking after your own during summers away from college?

I ask because it's so far generated one or two fringe MLS players and not even that many USL mainstays so I'm wondering what makes it all (time, energy, money, liability, etc.) worth it for the organization. 

usl scouting and more games in summer for academy players.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

usl scouting and more games in summer for academy players.

Yeah I think that latter point is one I omitted. I noticed that a few players like Omir and Sowe got a small handful of games. I can see how it could be a useful level to elevate some U-18 or U-17 team players who are not at all physically ready for a professional league like USL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users