#1 JbzTV

JbzTV

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, LFC

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

Damn, how are we going to replace that rent money?

#2 jamesey

jamesey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:36 PM

by hiking up galaxy ticket prices!

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#3 Dude Love

Dude Love

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:45 PM

Why would you build a stadium for a team that has never and will never come close to selling out the one it has? How do they expect to pay for it? They won't get a dime of tax money, so Vergara and Cue will have to pay for it themselves. When CUSA raises ticket prices to pay for it, who would dream of going? Their only other alternatives are existing sites, which are either laughably too big or crummy high school stadiums. Or Titan Stadium, which could hold their fanbase while being dozens of miles away from it.

Literally CUSA's best hope is that AEG builds Farmers' Field, and moves the Galaxy into it.

Or that they change their name to "San Bernardino"....or "San Antonio" or "Atlanta" or "Minnesota."

#4 El Cabezon

El Cabezon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:16 PM

- Mexican X games(MEXX-GAMES)
- Mega Job Fairs

#5 Cristobal

Cristobal

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Location:live:Palm Beach Gardens, Fl, Heart: Los Angeles, Ca
  • Interests:Football(soccer), cycling, running, swimming, triathlons, Gym, Rugby, Music, beer,
  • Supports:Galaxy,USMT,MUFC,Barca,Glendale

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

“I believe that moving from this stadium will only help things improve in many ways,” Morales said. “This stadium is fantastic, but it’s not perfect for our demographics so we are trying to find something that is better to really fit for our fans, but also our sponsors and partners.”

So they are moving to East LA?
HONOR, HEART, PRIDE!

#6 Eric B

Eric B

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:34 PM

Or where ever most of Legion 1908's half-way houses happen to be located...

#7 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

“This stadium is fantastic, but it’s not perfect for our demographics so we are trying to find something that is better to really fit for our fans, but also our sponsors and partners because it's waaay to fucking big for us."

"We have inquired with Montebello High about remodeling the press box and adding a couple of outhouses behind the bleachers. They're also ready with retrofitted picnic benches for overflow crowds should we surpass capacity. It's a great facility and we look forward to working with them."

#8 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:01 AM

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#9 L.A. Brigade

L.A. Brigade

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Boca Jrs, Man City, Celtic

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:25 PM

ELAC would be adequate. Peace out bitches.

Posted Image

Weingart Stadium

#10 projectx

projectx

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:19 AM

ELAC would be adequate. Peace out bitches.

Posted Image

Weingart Stadium

I suggested Weingart a few years ago, but I'm not sure how much the goats are willing to spend to make it MLS viable.

#11 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, and Good Beer!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:36 PM

new e-mail survey from MLS going around about a new team in a new stadium in LA: Downtown LA or Pomona......nice!

"Major League Soccer

Dear Haggis,

Take the MLS L.A. Fan Survey Thank you for your continued support of Major League Soccer! We are conducting an important study about attending soccer games in the Los Angeles market and need your opinion. As a loyal MLS fan, your thoughts will help us improve the MLS experience in the Los Angeles area.

Please complete this brief survey no later than July 21, 2011. You will not be asked to buy anything now or later. This is strictly research and your answers are completely anonymous and confidential. It should take you no more than 5 minutes to fill out the survey.

To begin the survey, please click on the link below. If the survey does not open automatically, copy and paste the link into your internet browser's address bar.

Thank you in advance for your time and opinion -- we appreciate it very much."

no room for comments. Too bad. I would have suggested moving the goats jr out of the LA area.

Here's a link, might work, might not:

http://fans.mlssoccer.com/LAsurvey
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

BMAB: Drunkenese for By Me Another Beer!
"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

For the love of beer, it was a pretzel!

#12 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

I have a feeling this is to gauge whether the Goats should move to Pomona or DTLA.

If the Goats move to DTLA, I would be bummed...

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#13 andric

andric

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:36 PM

new e-mail survey from MLS going around about a new team in a new stadium in LA: Downtown LA or Pomona......nice!

"Major League Soccer

Dear Haggis,

Take the MLS L.A. Fan Survey Thank you for your continued support of Major League Soccer! We are conducting an important study about attending soccer games in the Los Angeles market and need your opinion. As a loyal MLS fan, your thoughts will help us improve the MLS experience in the Los Angeles area.

Please complete this brief survey no later than July 21, 2011. You will not be asked to buy anything now or later. This is strictly research and your answers are completely anonymous and confidential. It should take you no more than 5 minutes to fill out the survey.

To begin the survey, please click on the link below. If the survey does not open automatically, copy and paste the link into your internet browser's address bar.

Thank you in advance for your time and opinion -- we appreciate it very much."

no room for comments. Too bad. I would have suggested moving the goats jr out of the LA area.

Just took the same survey, I made sure to put that I would start attending every game and follow the team if they moved Chivas to Pomona ;-)
------------------------------------------------------
"Chad Barrett was totally angry when he was subbed out. I think he was angry that he was Chad Barrett." - Chalky

#14 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:45 PM

So I went and reviewed the survey. Obviously they are investigating what would be better. If you plan to take the survey and want Chivas to be out in Pomona (I think that would be best), you need to respond in a certain manner.

In questions that ask you how frequently you attend games, be sure to pick the maximum for Chivas (and possibly some of the others). Also, when asked what your preference is for a new team in the LA market, do not be interested in downtown (not likely to follow), but for Pomona, highly like to follow and attend a lot of games. When asked, what you would do if Chivas started playing in downtown LA, you need to select "Would follow Chivas USA somewhat less" or "Would stop following Chivas USA altogether" and plan to attend 0 games. Answer exactly the opposite for Pomona (follow more, attend 5 or more). On the Galaxy questions, select neutral responses. One of the other key questions, how long it takes you to get to the HDC for games, you should select around the 1 hour response (so they think they are getting a broad sample of respondents). Also, it may help to claim you are Hispanic, as Chivas focuses so heavily on the Hispanic market.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#15 Riggs.

Riggs.

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, your mother

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:34 PM

I have a feeling this is to gauge whether the Goats should move to Pomona or DTLA.

If the Goats move to DTLA, I would be bummed...

They don't have the money or political clout to ever make that happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users