Home Record: 5-2-0
Next Match: Houston Dynamo (RFK)

Posted Image
Los Angeles Galaxy
Conference Position: 1st
League Position: 3rd
Form: W-L-W-W-D
Road Record: 2-2-1
Next Match: New England (Victoria Street)

Last Meeting: Galaxy 0-1 DC United (RFK)

With a disappointing 3-3 draw against Columbus, Galaxy has managed its best streak of consecutive points (7) and will hope to extend the unbeaten streak to four as they visit DC United. Unfortunately, DC United is enjoying its best stretch of the season. After having started the year with 6 losses in 7 games, DC have gone unbeaten in the past 4 games, and have scored 14 goals in that same time frame. For MLS originals, the match against the Beast from the East brings up serious bad blood.

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors… It Must Be Summer

You can all breathe easy; Rafael Marquez will not be signing for Galaxy this summer to replace Carlos Ruiz. And no, Galaxy will not trade away 10 players to sign Ronaldinho hoping to be the first MLS team to win the cup with half a dozen players. It is, however, almost midseason at Victoria Street and the transfer window opened up on June 15th, making this a critical time for every team in the league. Teams will be looking at what they’ve done right, where they’ve gone wrong, and how to make it all better.

If current form is any indication, it’s likely that Galaxy will be looking to strengthen the midfield and the defensive line. The question in everybody’s mind of course, is how Galaxy plans to pay incoming players and fit them und the salary cap. That question should be motivation enough to get under performing players going, especially ones with big paychecks.

The Beast from the East

It’s not that DC United has 4 MLS Cups to our 2, or that they’re the ONLY team in MLS to have more MLS Cups, the real issue is that the 2 extra cups they have came at our expense. It’s that DC United stole Galaxy’s moment on October 20th, 1996 in extra time. It’s that they would go on to win the cup twice more in the next 3 seasons and Galaxy would have to wait 6 years to finally lift the trophy.

Since 1996, meetings between DC United and Galaxy have produced a number of special matches and even more special goals. This one is shaping up to be yet another memorable match. Scheduled for a national audience before the EURO2008 Final, this match includes heavy offense, porous defense, and two teams whose histories demand results each time around. Galaxy is the best offense in the league, with DC following and DC has the worst defense in the league, with Galaxy just up ahead. By the look of things, goals are in order for Sunday.

Caasi’s Expected Line-Up

----------Cronin----------
-----Franklin--Xavier-----
--Klein---------Randolph--
-----Pires------Jazic-----
--Beckham----------Allen--
----Buddle-----Donovan----

EDIT: Made a few minor corrections. Remind me to proofread this shit next time.

#2 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles, USA, Bud Light

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:29 AM

Any chance we get these bastards is a good day in my book... Buddle's rollin'... look for another netter...
Lakers (16x Champs) Dodgers (6x Champs) Galaxy (4x Champs) Broncos (2x Champs) LA Kings (2012 Stanley Cup Champs)
USMNT (One day, one day...)
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

It doesn't matter how simplistic you make your point, there will be someone who misunderstands you.

#3 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:31 AM

Will Ruiz be back for this game?

If so, I see him coming on as a 70th minute sub for Buddle in Isaac's lineup below.

#4 dashiel

dashiel

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:30 PM

despite losing two mls cups to these clowns we actually have a pretty good record against them especially at RFK. in the sixteen games we've played at RFK we've won eight of them and have a plus-ten goal difference.

should be another goal-fest though, the only team with a worse defense than ours and the team second to us in goals for.

i say we accept the fact we're going to give up three goals and start in a 3-3-1-3 and just put 6 or 7 seven goals in the back of the net.

kelin - franklin - jazic

beckham - pires -  randolph

donovan

gordon - ruiz - buddle

#5 jamesey

jamesey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:21 PM

Gullit's Galaxy haven't been very good at making note of an opponent's star player and marking him out of the match. I really fear Emilio in this one.

Of course they're backline is as shit as ours, so Landon, Becks, and Edson should be enough to overpower them.

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#6 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

Now that Buddle seems to rediscovered his scoring touch from years past, now it's time for him to do something really important... like improve his goal celebrations. Come on Edson! You can do it, brudda.

#7 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:42 PM

Now that Buddle seems to rediscovered his scoring touch from years past, now it's time for him to do something really important... like improve his goal celebrations. Come on Edson! You can do it, brudda.

Maybe we should send him these...
1. 2.

#8 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Pizza and Boyzzzz! And Galaxy! And BEER!
  • Supports:no one...they support me!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:38 PM

the problem i see our team having, at least until we fix it, is our inability to keep other teams off the board. when we have had decent results in the goals against column this year, it hasn't been because of our great defense but in spite of a effective finishing. notice i didn't say an effective attack. we haven't been able to shut down anyone's attack all year. the other teams just haven't finished their chances.

still despite our form in recent years against other teams away, DC we've played well against.

if our attack shows up, i look for a win.

it it doesn't, i look for a long afternoon

G's - 3

DC - 1
STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#9 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:58 PM

From the Galaxy's Weekly Update:

Galaxy Injury Report

OUT - Charles Alamo (R-Knee); Josh Wicks (L-Knee Surgery)
DOUBTFUL - Peter Vagenas (R-Quad)
QUESTIONABLE - None
PROBABLE - None

Josh Wicks has begun rehabilitation after undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee last week. He is scheduled to miss 4-6 weeks of action. Alamo continues on the second phase of his rehabilitation process and has begun jogging and doing more difficult movements, including diving, after undergoing knee surgery in February, while Vagenas continues to be hampered by a quad injury. He will be monitored throughout the week, with his availability for this weekend being decided prior to the team's departure for Washington D.C. on Friday.

Vagenas still injured. This worries me. Viva Pete!

4-3 Galaxy, with the Galaxy coming back from 2-0 and 3-1 deficits. Landon scores the winner and brings back the throat slash.

#10 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:31 PM

Alamo continues on the second phase of his rehabilitation process and has begun jogging and doing more difficult movements, including diving, after undergoing knee surgery in February...[/indent]

Did we hire an Italian trainer? Learning how to dive, that's terrible. Ruining the game!

:lol:

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#11 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:35 PM

I say 5-2 G's. I mean if the 2006 G's did it, why not the 2008 Galaxy.
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#12 samoabob

samoabob

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY! Liverpool FC

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:13 PM

Beckham is due and he will want to make up from last game. Buddle can't be stopped. I see the score line 4-2 Galaxy

#13 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:33 PM

Dare I say it? 3-0. Buddle, Becks and Lando
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#14 We Own You

We Own You

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:53 PM

I think this is the game that Ruiz raises the bar and busts in two goals the same way...running and cutting through their D line.

#15 franknstein

franknstein

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:45 AM

I think this is the game that Ruiz raises the bar and busts in two goals the same way...running and cutting through their D line.

I sure hope you're right.

I'm calling this one in favor of the G's. That is, if Ruud has made sure that these fucks know how to hold a goddamn lead.
Cuz, man, have you seen the women in Liverpool? Sea scags, man.- Calexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users