41 replies to this topic

wykell

wykell

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York
So Living Social has a deal for tickets to either the May 9th or 23rd (both Wednesdays) AND a "Free" ticket to tomorrow's game for $30. Plus $10 food voucher and a "meet the team" event (which us STH's haven't even been invited to yet this year). That's two games, $10 in food AND you get a chance at meeting the team/possible autographs.

So basically, it seems that they are hurting for ticket sales so bad that they are getting people into seats for $10 a game and giving them a benefit promised only to "Red Card" members?

Here is the link - note, and not a referral link either.

Just, wow. I feel like my STH status loses value every day. Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me. Burn me 16 years in a row, and call me a metrofanatic.
Dabbler in Fine Things Everywhere

Teams I support, in order of precedence
US Men's National Team, New York Red Bulls; MLS Squads*; Manchester United (been a fan since I could walk); Barcelona (been a fan since they started PAYING to wear the UNICEF logo)

Will-NEVER-Support-List
Mexico; Italy; DC United; David Beckham's current team (post-United); Liverpool; Michael Owen's Hamstring; The entire City of Philadelphia.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Join the Nintendo Fan Club today! Mac.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

So Living Social has a deal for tickets to either the May 9th or 23rd (both Wednesdays) AND a "Free" ticket to tomorrow's game for $30. Plus $10 food voucher and a "meet the team" event (which us STH's haven't even been invited to yet this year). That's two games, $10 in food AND you get a chance at meeting the team/possible autographs.

Didn't Heck say they are not doing Groupon anymore?

Oh, right, Living Social is NOT Groupon. Of course!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,489 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
I'm not sure what these two player meet-and-greets are, but I am guessing it will be a just a couple "no name" guys. They are not the usual get-every-players-signature event that they have just for STH's.

But you get two games, a kids t-shirt, plus a meet and greet, plus $10 for food, for $30 (upper bowl) or $50 (lower bowl). With only 100 sold so far (IT'S NOT THE PRICE THAT IS KEEPING PEOPLE FROM BUYING), it hardly seems worth it, so I am guessing it won't be repeated... except maybe with a different mix of stuff to see which perks are most effective.

For me and most of the STH's I know, the biggest part of being an STH is having the same seats every game, surrounded by the same guys. I understand completely how that could have no value to a lot of people, and even be a negative for some, but I know its important to the STH's I know. These deals, or Stub Hub or any other way of getting tickets, don't give you that (or the red carpet treatment at concessions).

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
How do we know if people are going for it?

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs
Attention ST Holders ... it's not like you weren't warned !
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

wykell

wykell

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts

How do we know if people are going for it?

the site shows how many have purchased, since i looked 2 minutes ago, 124 had been purchased. And there are somehow 4 days remaining on the deal, even though last I checked, the ticket for Saturday kinda has to be used, ummmmm tomorrow.

US Men's National Team, New York Red Bulls; MLS Squads*; Manchester United (been a fan since I could walk); Barcelona (been a fan since they started PAYING to wear the UNICEF logo)

Will-NEVER-Support-List
Mexico; Italy; DC United; David Beckham's current team (post-United); Liverpool; Michael Owen's Hamstring; The entire City of Philadelphia.

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding
I sent a message to Red Bull Austria at the end of last year. They passed it around and it got to some RBNY people including Jurgen Mainka (VP of Communications and Community Relations). I brought up a number of issues to RB Austria, but I'll pass along the part that's relevant to this.

I said, "there has been a devaluing of tickets through gimmicky promotions that have left a huge number of season ticket holders deciding not to renew leading to an even emptier stadium (partially hidden through schemes such as selling to 3rd party sellers but leaving numerous empty seats on game day)"

At different points, JM addressed different aspects of that, so I'll copy and paste two separate parts.

"We have experimented with different ways to promote our team and sell more tickets, but have never discounted our product since July 2012. We have instead added value to our fans by bundling the ticket and experience with a well prized merchandise that they can wear proudly as they represent our team."
"We recognize that show rates have been an issue in the last two seasons and are working diligently on developing different solutions, including the rezoning of the different seating sections. A move that has already added more value to our season ticket holders. In the last three weeks we have closed more then 1,000 new full season ticket accounts, despite not having a sales hook like we did last season with the All Star Game. "

Product discounted, check. STH-type benefit that STH hasn't gotten this year, check. Not even an inclusion of jersey, scarf, or other merchandise in the bundle, after they said that's the way they're being creative now instead of devaluing tickets purchased through conventional avenues, check. What has made you backtrack, Heck & associates? :)

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts

the site shows how many have purchased, since i looked 2 minutes ago, 124 had been purchased.

I don't believe that.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

I don't believe that.

scalpers?

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts

scalpers?

.... at a Red Bulls game :lol:

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,489 posts

scalpers?

Not at all... Living Social is part of the grand conspiracy to inflate RB's numbers, along with the TV ratings people here said were fraudulant. BTW, its 196 sold now.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts

Not at all... Living Social is part of the grand conspiracy to inflate RB's numbers

Much like yourself then ...

wykell

wykell

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts

I don't believe that.

Here is the site that says how many have been sold.

Living Social Purchase Link

It's from Living Social, not from me, and not from RBNY. I know that you like to play the cad on this site, HL, and have been baited into minor arguments with you in the past before, but on this one, umm, well, I mean, I don't know why LS would want to fudge their numbers.

although as a matter of interest, the initial landing page currently says 232, whereas the "purchase link" only says 183. Not sure where that discrepancy comes in, but it is interesting.

Also, I'd like to point out that you, HL, have added exactly NOTHING to this discussion - I finished my post with the fact that I clearly stated I know I've been burned, and yet your first post was "don't say you weren't warned?"

As an admin of a message board, you should honestly know better than to just post for posting sake, and be at least moderately ashamed of yourself at least in internet emotions.

Will-NEVER-Support-List

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,489 posts

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users