107 replies to this topic

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Well, you can pretty much stop all that talk about a proxy war, it appears US soldiers are actively fighting.

The newspaper Izvestia (not linked - in Russian) is reporting that Georgia has taken an American mercenary into custody, and there are reports that black men are turning up amongst the casualties, and suffice to say, I don't think there's a whole bunch of black guys living in (that) Georgia.

Not surprised.

There's a good amount at stake here, but we all know the US cannot take on Russia directly in any conflict.

This will all occur on neutral land through a proxy. Just like Afghanistan 25+ years ago.

The $1 million question remains, "What is Russia's true motivation in Georgia?"

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Izvestia ... is reporting that Georgia has taken an American mercenary into custody, and there are reports that black men are turning up amongst the casualties, and suffice to say, I don't think there's a whole bunch of black guys living in (that) Georgia.

Who are the alleged Americans fighting for? :unsure:

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Whoever offers the most money.

Privatized military forces are the last act in this absurd Friedmanite revolution that's been going on for the past 35 years. Stupid piece of shit baby boomers.

theredmenace

theredmenace

2009 DOTY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Thoughtcrime United

Posted Image
Upsetting Shorts: Funny, so you don't have to. SEASON 2 BEGINS! NEW EPISODE JULY 2nd!!!

Eleazar: "Tim = wise man"

DiscoBerger2123

DiscoBerger2123

hyper off the ginseng root

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Supports:USA, Metro

Posted Image

devil500

devil500

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts
  • Interests:Engineering
Georgia is a link in a natural resource pipeline that is going to go through Eastern Europe and farther if required.The pipeline is going through Azerbaijan, and the Russians who currently have one of these pipe lines feel threatened that they'll lose out on some money so they just pick fights with the little guy.

Simply another war for oil... <_<

#RedBullOUT

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

Georgia is a link in a natural resource pipeline that is going to go through Eastern Europe and farther if required.The pipeline is going through Azerbaijan, and the Russians who currently have one of these pipe lines feel threatened that they'll lose out on some money so they just pick fights with the little guy.

Simply another war for oil... <_<

While I agree with you to some extent, this conflict is a lot more complex than that.

Russia doesn't want Georgia to be a part of the EU.
Russia wants a different leader in power in Georgia.
And yes... I'm sure oil has something to do with it.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

LOCO4REAL

LOCO4REAL

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts
  • Supports:River plate RBNY/METROSTARS

The bet is $5 (Lawyer Steve is a cheapskate).

The stakes:

Lawyer: The US will invade Venezuela before or on January 20, 2009.

Primetown: The US will not invade Venezuela before or on January 20, 2009.

This does not include dark ops. The bet is for a known military invasion on Venezuela.

Discussion.

Just to give some background, our lawyer friend from Rockland County also believes a military draft will occur in the not so distant future.

true! they do indeed invade! venezuela...they trying to get rid of Chavez....he is a big ass threat to us!! jajajaja and they going after there oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOS VILLEROS ,Los Borrachos Del Tablon

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut

The bet is $5 (Lawyer Steve is a cheapskate).

The stakes:

Lawyer: The US will invade Venezuela before or on January 20, 2009.

Primetown: The US will not invade Venezuela before or on January 20, 2009.

This does not include dark ops. The bet is for a known military invasion on Venezuela.

Discussion.

Just to give some background, our lawyer friend from Rockland County also believes a military draft will occur in the not so distant future.

Outside of the fact that this thread devolved into a near holy war, I am still left with one perplexing though...

Jay, did you really dub yourself with the nickname Primetown? Seriously?

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

Jay, did you really dub yourself with the nickname Primetown? Seriously?

I didn't create the nickname. It goes back to the 2007 U-20 World Cup.

You can blame Corey and Brent for the creation.

UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain

Shogun of Jersey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,584 posts
  • Interests:I do things
  • Supports:RBNY
I don't think South America is going to matter. The Mad Russians are back. I just picture that episode where Lenin wakes up in the tomb saying, "Must Crush Capitalism."

“The USA is busy with its own missile defense system; it does not intend to defend Poland at this point. Poland lays itself open to attack giving the USA a permission to deploy the system. The country may become an object of Russia’s reaction. Such targets are destroyed in the first instance,” Anatoly Nogovitsin, Russia’s Deputy Chief of Staff said commenting the recent agreement regarding the deployment of the US missile defense system in Poland.

“It clearly states that we can use nuclear weapons against the countries possessing nuclear weapons, against allies of such countries, if they somehow support them, and against those countries, which deploy other countries’ nuclear weapons on their territories. Poland is aware of it,” the general said.

devil500

devil500

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts
  • Interests:Engineering
Fuck em.

They seem to do as they please, and can just threaten anybody anywhere it's pathetic and shows Russia is run by sick men right now, and that is not a good thing for the way things are going in the world...

You have this and the Middle Eastern Threats and all...Man kind is truly asking for itself to be wiped off the face of the earth right now..

#RedBullOUT

SteveB2

SteveB2

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts
  • Supports:Metro/RBNY
Just to let Jay remember that I haven't forgotten the bet and am waiting for him to buy me a carton of Camels let us look at the past two weeks:

1. Joint naval exercises by the Venezualans and the Russian Navy which trigger calls about violation of the Monroe Doctrine.
2. Chavez throws out the U.S.Ambassador and withdraws his from Washington, and
3. Assets of three major Venezualan officials siezed by the U.S. government today when they are declared to be "affiliated with" or "supportive of" FARC

I hate to say it but things don't look good.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I didn't create the nickname. It goes back to the 2007 U-20 World Cup.

You can blame Corey and Brent for the creation.

But you drafted the email using that word. and then you proceeded not to proof it before clicking send.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

betoAYAK

betoAYAK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Colombia & Millonarios

Just to let Jay remember that I haven't forgotten the bet and am waiting for him to buy me a carton of Camels let us look at the past two weeks:

1. Joint naval exercises by the Venezualans and the Russian Navy which trigger calls about violation of the Monroe Doctrine.
2. Chavez throws out the U.S.Ambassador and withdraws his from Washington, and
3. Assets of three major Venezualan officials siezed by the U.S. government today when they are declared to be "affiliated with" or "supportive of" FARC

I hate to say it but things don't look good.

2. and to a lesser extent 1. are in solidarity to the plight of bolivia and evo morales' administration where its close to civil war principally because the rich whites want their power back and the US, again, have been caught trying to foment the overthrow of an indigenous populist gov't.

(NittanyMetros @ Mar 17 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems Philly fans have signed up on metrofanatic to vote for themselves (in 'What team do you hate more?') . No real fan of this team would vote anything other than DC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users