How Many Red Bulls Make the All Star Roster?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Nagbe is out for a few months so I'm guessing Tata will have to pick someone else to replace him? Maybe Adams gets called in after all

You kidding? Rooney just signed to DC he will take the spot. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'm sure a guy like Parker probably feels a little hard done, tough to say who has been better between him and Long this season.

Huge Parker fan but he cant pass the ball to save his life. Im honestly flabbergasted that he can get a national team callup over Long. IMO its not even a contest.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
The fact that BWP had to be a Commissioner's Pick to make the ASG is further proof that fans of this league have absolutely no understanding of the sport. But we already knew that. (Seattle fans, Portland fans, Atlanta fans, etc.)

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

The fact that BWP had to be a Commissioner's Pick to make the ASG is further proof that fans of this league have absolutely no understanding of the sport. But we already knew that. (Seattle fans, Portland fans, Atlanta fans, etc.)

Yea, there was one Red Bull that had to be on the team and he was on of the last two chosen...

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

It's almost like fans vote for players on their own team and other teams have much bigger fanbases than we do.

Blame Tata for not picking BWP in the reserves.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Adams, Long, and Murillo starting.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Adams with a quick 30 minute cameo....good for him. Keep him fresh for Sunday.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Why a PK shootout?
And BWP misses!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
BWP and PKs... WTF?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Nothing can be said to be certain, except death and BWP missing a penalty.

Who gives a flying duck? He gets pissed off and drops 3 this weekend. Fine by me.

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
He was so upset with himself
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

He was so upset with himself

I was amused by the brit commentator saying something like "well, we'd never expect to see that from BWP..."     He obviously hadn't done his homework.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

I was amused by the brit commentator saying something like "well, we'd never expect to see that from BWP..."     He obviously hadn't done his homework.

Yes, just as the final whistle was blowing they showed a shot of BWP and said 'surely he'll be involved in a penalty shootout...'

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

I thought Long, Adams and Murrillo all played well. By the time BWP got onto the field the lineup had changed so much that I don't think anyone could have expected some sort of cohesion.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
The ASG has become a low-scoring bore the past five seasons.

Going forward if the league wants to keep the current format they must add into the game contract language that states their opponents must start a few of their big-name players or else they get fined or something.

That lineup Juve rolled out the other night, like most of the ICC lineups, was shambolic. There should have been two of Ronaldo, Dybala or Higuain on the field for Juve, regardless of WC rest or impending transfers. If it is an "all star" game then both sides should be expected to treat it as such. Only one did though.

Instead there was a low scoring game (again), Juve looks lame as fuck and the razzle dazzle of the event got completely lost (again).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users