#16 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:46 PM

Newcastle have been drawn against Latvian side Ventspils in the second qualifying round of the Uefa Cup.

August 10th and 24th.

Second Round Qualifying

My Dad said he saw a quick promo that it would be on FSC.

#17 Billy18USA

Billy18USA

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:49 PM

Nice.

PS. Good luck for making the playoffs

#18 Mathes1982

Mathes1982

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:soccer first and formost, reading, movies, and drinking probably.
  • Supports:Galaxy, NUFC, Barca, England

Posted 06 August 2006 - 02:46 PM

WE need a damn striker, at this point anyone would do. If we can get someone who can score at least ten goals I have confidence in this team that we can have a descent season.(meaning get a european spot)

#19 rokstedy

rokstedy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy & USA

Posted 06 August 2006 - 03:30 PM

Rumor has Newcastle linked with Sol Campbell to replace Boumsong. With Campbell there's experience but he is getting old and may not be as good as he was.
"Last month I was in the Canary Islands, and I met up with Armada Sur, the supporters group for CD Tenerife. When the subject of MLS comes up one of the first things they ask me about is if I've heard of the Riot Squad and they mention that one of them has a LARS shirt, and describes the gask mask guy logo.

Halfway around the world and I can't get away from you guys?!?!"

Jasonma, from your other favorite message board, BigSoccer, which has become BigStupid

GOATS NEVER, GALAXY FOREVER!

#20 snw

snw

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Newcastle

Posted 06 August 2006 - 06:50 PM

Rumor has Newcastle linked with Sol Campbell to replace Boumsong. With Campbell there's experience but he is getting old and may not be as good as he was.

Didn't Roeder 86 that idea last week? I think he said he wasn't interested. Thank God.

Hopefully Boumsong will be shipped off to Marseille in the next three weeks and Bridge will be scooped up.

#21 Mathes1982

Mathes1982

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:soccer first and formost, reading, movies, and drinking probably.
  • Supports:Galaxy, NUFC, Barca, England

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:50 PM

We need a striker more than anything, Luque and Ameobi, and the midfield, which I believe is very talented and has a ton of potential cannot do all the goalscoring for the season, while trying to still win a trophy.

We have been linked with Martins of Inter and Kuyt. Although I like Kuyt, Martins scores goals in the CL and the Serie A. He would probably be cheaper and score more.

One week from tomorrow the league kicks off, can we get someone?

#22 snw

snw

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Newcastle

Posted 13 August 2006 - 04:49 PM

We need a striker more than anything, Luque and Ameobi, and the midfield, which I believe is very talented and has a ton of potential cannot do all the goalscoring for the season, while trying to still win a trophy.

We have been linked with Martins of Inter and Kuyt. Although I like Kuyt, Martins scores goals in the CL and the Serie A. He would probably be cheaper and score more.

One week from tomorrow the league kicks off, can we get someone?

The problem with Martins is that he needs someone to play off of to be effective. Ameobi and Martins seem too similar to me. Luque is an empty uniform.

If the Toon somehow manage to snag Martins they'll still need someone to hold the ball up.

#23 The Manwich

The Manwich

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,001 posts
  • Interests:Live Slow, Die Whenever
  • Supports:Slap & Pickle FC

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:28 PM

Owen 'could miss the whole season'

HAHHAHAAHAHHA!! Great buy!

#24 rokstedy

rokstedy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:13 PM

Old news about Owen. Iron Fist mentioned that in the second post.
"Last month I was in the Canary Islands, and I met up with Armada Sur, the supporters group for CD Tenerife. When the subject of MLS comes up one of the first things they ask me about is if I've heard of the Riot Squad and they mention that one of them has a LARS shirt, and describes the gask mask guy logo.

Jasonma, from your other favorite message board, BigSoccer, which has become BigStupid

#25 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:47 PM

It's even older news than that - he was injured during England's second game of group play in the WC.

That was mid June.

#26 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 02:44 PM

The season is finally here, and FSC has the game on tomorrow!

Newcastle v Wigan Saturday morning at 7:00 AM PST

Fox Soccer Channel's website

Edit:

Here's a good breakdown of tomorrow's match by the BBC

#27 Chalky

Chalky

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:07 PM

good luck with the no strikers formation!

#28 CSI

CSI

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Manchester United

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:18 PM

4-6-0
Brilliant!!

#29 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:09 PM

In other news:

Local Newcastle United rivals Sunderland (AKA: "Chivas UK"), have 0 points after 3 games played with a goal differential of -3.

What's that?

Sunderland's not even in the EPL?

Oh that's right! I had forgotten about that. They were relegated to the Coca Cola Championship last season weren't they?

It would appear however, that they are quite comfortable being near the bottom of the table no matter what division they play in:

Coca Cola Championship Table

#30 rokstedy

rokstedy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 11:19 AM

Newcastle start the season off right with a 2-1 win over Wigan. Goals by Parker & Ameobi. The second goal was great and N'Zogbia must be a lucky genius if he intended to shoot that hard and have it rebound to Ameobi for cleanup. Ameobi assisted on the first goal. He's my MOTM.

Bad luck for Butt with that collision with Emre. I think that collision affected Emre's game cuz he wasn't doing that great. Maybe I heard wrong but the commentators talked about Butt needs to have a good season, but I think Luque needs to have one to justify his transfer. A lot of fans feel he's already a bust but I'm not ready to write him off yet.

Duff did okay in his debut but it looked like he wasn't on the same page with a lot of the teammates. Hopefully he'll mix right in soon.

EDIT: Chivas UK. Awesome! How funny it is that the rivals of two of my beloved teams wear red & white stripes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users