• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

#1 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Pizza and Boyzzzz! And Galaxy! And BEER!
  • Supports:no one...they support me!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:55 AM

I was browsing the web and thought, who wouldn't want to know what guys like Harrut Karapetyan or Mannie Machon or Andrew Shue or for you new peeps Lil Gooch or Quevas Kirk are doing these days...

Speaking of Andrew Shue

He's become and internets mogul!!!!
STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#2 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:58 AM

I bet he started it as a way to meet chicks.

Pure genius!

#3 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:22 AM

Lil' Gooch update:

Puerto Rico Islanders News Release - www.prislandersfc.com

Monday, March 9, 2009

BAYAMON, PR -- The Puerto Rico Islanders announced today that they have come to an agreement with Kyle Veris for the 2009 season.

The 6’4 central defender will bring Major League Soccer as well as European experience to the Islanders. He spent the 2008 season playing for IL Hodd of the Norwegian First Division where he played 17 matches as a central defender and right back.

Prior to his European stint, Veris was drafted in the 2006 MLS Superdraft by the Los Angeles Galaxy with the 25th overall pick and played 18 games during his two seasons in LA.

Veris started his collegiate career at Akron as a forward. After transferring to Ohio State, he was moved to the backline and was named All Big Ten Conference as a defender in 2004 and 2005.

“Kyle Veris is a very versatile player who will strengthen our defensive line and also be a threat in the box on set pieces,” said Head Coach Colin Clarke.

“I am looking forward to helping the Islanders win the USL Championship as well as the CONCACAF Champions League,” Veris said after his arrival in Honduras to incorporate with the Islanders.

The Puerto Rico Islanders advanced to the CONCACAF Champions League Semifinals after defeating CD Marathon of Honduras. The semifinal two-legged series against Deportivo Cruz Azul of México will begin in Puerto Rico on March 17th and end in México on April 7th

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#4 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:25 AM

Monday, March 23, 2009

CARY, NC -- The Carolina RailHawks announced today the addition of MLS champion and Turks and Caicos International Forward Gavin Glinton, pending League and USSF approval.

Glinton is expected to play in the match against CD Olimpia of Honduras on Friday, March 27 at 8:00 p.m. Tickets ($20, $27.50 and $35) are still available at the LGFCU Box Office, by calling 919-859-KICK (5425) or by visiting www.carolinarailhawks.com.

“Gavin is a player I have followed throughout his career, said RailHawks Head Coach Martin Rennie. "I always admired him and had an interest in having him on my teams. When I finally had a chance to bring him in I jumped at the opportunity. I think he brings pace and goal scoring and he can play different positions. I also think he is a great guy to have in the locker room."

"I wanted to come to the RailHawks after talking with Coach Rennie, said RailHawks forward Gavin Glinton. "After I heard what the organization is trying to build here in one of the best facilities in the country, I thought It would be a really good fit for me. I am looking to work hard with the team and hopefully give the fans something to be proud of."

#5 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:32 AM

The Minnesota Thunder announced today the signing of former D.C. United forward Quavas Kirk. Kirk has signed a two-year contract with one option year.
Kirk, 20, joins the Thunder after spending three seasons from 2005 to 2007 with the Los Angeles Galaxy. The 6-2, 190 pound Kirk is a versatile player that has spent time in the defense, midfield, and as a forward. As a member of Generation Adidas, Kirk was selected by the Galaxy in the third round of the 2005 MLS SuperDraft. In 2006, Kirk had a breakout season with the Galaxy, appearing in 22 games and notching two assists. In 2007, the versatile player made eleven appearances, playing in both the midfield and defense.
On February 15, 2008, Kirk was acquired by D.C. United in exchange for the rights to Greg Vanney. In the 2008 season, Kirk played in 10 games and scored one goal.

#6 Saturdays_Hero

Saturdays_Hero

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Interests:Beer!!(underline twice), futbol, guitar, punk rock, oi, first wave ska, thrash metal, plundering, raping and pillaging amongs many other interests.
  • Supports:LA Galaxy&El Salvador National Team

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:51 AM

what happened to jose botello, or marvin quijano. wiki says of quijano

Recent activities

Marvin Quijano was appointed head coach for the Denver soccer club a semi-professional club in 2006.

that's cool i guess.

#7 jamesey

jamesey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

what happened to jose botello, or marvin quijano. wiki says of quijano

that's cool i guess.

Quijano scored one of the best disallowed goals I've ever seen around 1999. Anyone remember when cien gave him a throughball and he did a pirouette to receive it which beat 2 defenders (i dont know how he was offsides) and then he did an elastico to beat the keeper? It might have been an open cup match at the rose bowl. details are vague.

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#8 El Cabezon

El Cabezon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:30 PM

I Kirk does well in Minn, I bet Sigi goes after him as I believe Sigi drafted him. The kid had speed and size, but his touches were "Ngwenyaesque".

#9 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:04 PM

I Kirk does well in Minn, I bet Sigi goes after him as I believe Sigi drafted him. The kid had speed and size, but his touches were "Ngwenyaesque".

Q was on trial with the Sounders before he signed with Minnesota. Maybe a second try is in the works, but I think his GA status (now no longer in effect) was the only thing keeping him in the MLS...

#10 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Cruz Azul, USC

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:49 PM

Q was on trial with the Sounders before he signed with Minnesota. Maybe a second try is in the works, but I think his GA status (now no longer in effect) was the only thing keeping him in the MLS...

prior to his foot injury, dude had a bright future . . . after that he never showed the same flair on the right wing. but, that is just my opinion

el cabezon --

i agree that he lacked a good touch, but how many 'good mls players' can we say that about? sadly, too many. therefore, i don't think that (in itself) was the deciding factor. hell, if touch was so important in the MLS, would gordon have a job?

#11 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:22 PM

Martin Machon was from a wealthy family back in Guatemala. He graduated college with a business degree and was bilingual (spanish, english). Nowadays he is a color commentator for Guatemalan broadcasts of the local league. He is also opened up several businesses in Guatemala City.

#12 samoabob

samoabob

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY! Liverpool FC

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:29 AM

I personally always like Kyle Martino and wondered what happened to him after we waived him.

Martino is currently living in Manhattan where he works full time at the wealth advisory firm Lenox Advisors

This is off Wikipedia. I can't find a myspace or facebook

#13 El Cabezon

El Cabezon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:59 AM

prior to his foot injury, dude had a bright future . . . after that he never showed the same flair on the right wing. but, that is just my opinion

el cabezon --

i agree that he lacked a good touch, but how many 'good mls players' can we say that about? sadly, too many. therefore, i don't think that (in itself) was the deciding factor. hell, if touch was so important in the MLS, would gordon have a job?

I still have not figured out the G's obsession with Gordon. Has he become the new Vagenas? Are they afraid to cut him in the fear that he comes back and scores copius goals vs the G's playing for RSL or San Jo?

#14 ChaosCk

ChaosCk

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Supports:L.A. Galaxy

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:05 AM

I personally always like Kyle Martino and wondered what happened to him after we waived him.

This is off Wikipedia. I can't find a myspace or facebook

He is doing espn broadcasts now.

#15 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:52 AM

I still have not figured out the G's obsession with Gordon. Has he become the new Vagenas? Are they afraid to cut him in the fear that he comes back and scores copius goals vs the G's playing for RSL or San Jo?

Right because Gordon was completely ineffective on Sunday right??? He was our third leading scorer last year playing in about half the minutes. He was more productive than Sir Goldenballs and makes 1/10 the money. He's no McBride but he's a decent option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users