hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Like here's the deal.

If we win MLS Cup, every fan of other teams in MLS hates us even more.

When we won the SS, no one cared.

More people care about MLS Cup, so it just matters more. I am sorry to break the news,

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Like here's the deal.

If we win MLS Cup, every fan of other teams in MLS hates us even more.

When we won the SS, no one cared.

More people care about MLS Cup, so it just matters more. I am sorry to break the news,

I just want to say that it hurt me very deeply that you didn't laugh at my Stephen Keel joke in the other thread because of our disagreement about playoffs.  YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, HURRICANE1091!

metros11

metros11

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

http://pressbox.mlss...and-regulations

"MLS Cup will be a single championship match..."

Sorry, nothing about the team with the most regular season points being a champion.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

I just want to say that it hurt me very deeply that you didn't laugh at my Stephen Keel joke in the other thread because of our disagreement about playoffs.  YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, HURRICANE1091!

I want to live in your fantasy land where we are the champs, Totes do.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
It's easy to accept the Supporters Shield as the league championship. All you have to do is start following soccer.

vflkirwan

vflkirwan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Metro/VfL Wolfsburg und die US Boys

And here I thought Mexicans were big soccer fans and followed the sport.

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts

It's easy to accept the Supporters Shield as the league championship. All you have to do is start following soccer.

No, but seriously, the other leagues have an actual balanced schedule, so in that regard they are true champions based on the rules those league stipulate.  They also have promotion/relegation, and MLS doesn't.  So does that mean MLS isn't a soccer league?

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

This stuff has been painful to watch, but don't worry. As everyone keeps telling me here, the only thing that matters is success in the playoffs. Everybody makes the playoffs in MLS. The regular season may as well be 34 exhibition games. (Not that I agree with that, but this is MLS and they make the rules.)

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

This stuff has been painful to watch, but don't worry. As everyone keeps telling me here, the only thing that matters is success in the playoffs. Everybody makes the playoffs in MLS. The regular season may as well be 34 exhibition games. (Not that I agree with that, but this is MLS and they make the rules.)

We keep this up and we won't be making the playoffs anyway.

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts

Well clearly, as Portland can attest, you need to be fairly decent to make the playoffs first.  But yeah, early season form doesn't matter much if the last 20 years of the league are to go by.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
I am pretty sure that we could sneak into the playoffs once the injury bug leaves us. As Portland shows you, teams can finish in fifth place and still be "champions".

cryforburke

cryforburke

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Just watch.  We barely squeak into the playoffs by the skin of our teeth, go on a great run and finally win MLS cup, prompting the entire rest of the league to say "see?!?!!?! This is why the SUPPORTERS SHIELD is the real champion!"   Mark it. 

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
They didn't win the FA Cup. Just wanted to show how dumb MLS fans seem to other soccer fans.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

They didn't win the FA Cup. Just wanted to show how dumb MLS fans seem to other soccer fans.

What the fuck are you on about? 

RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
Well, I suppose even the MLS Cup isn't as prestigious as the illustrious Soccer Bowl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users