128 replies to this topic

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

It would be interesting to see how quickly the board will go from 'Fire Chris Armas' to 'Does Armas deserve a statue outside RBA?'

At this point, even if we pull off that miracle, he would have to do some magical shit for anyone to not think we won it despite him.

And that's why I'd still fire him even if we did win an MLS Cup.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Lehigh-Lafayette ... can lose all 10 other games on their schedule, but if they beat their rival in week 11 the year is judged a success.

The last thing this club needs, is to claim to have had a successful season by sweeping BoyCity.
Knocking them out of the playoffs is all well and good,
if we continue to advance, especially to the final.
But that seems wishful thinking.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

My playoff mindset now: Let's draw NYCFC and knock them out at Yankee Stadium. Successful season. More likely we get sent home in round 1...but again, if someone else knocks out NYCFC, success. It's like the Lehigh-Lafayette rivarly in college football, the most played rivalry at 154 games going back to 1884. One or the other can lose all 10 other games on their schedule, but if they beat their rival in week 11 the year is judged a success.

Yeah, that's a very high school/college level mindset.

Would obviously like us to win a title before NYC, so them losing in the playoffs is great. But judging our season a success because NYC also lost is just ridiculous.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Yeah, that's a very high school/college level mindset.

Would obviously like us to win a title before NYC, so them losing in the playoffs is great. But judging our season a success because NYC also lost is just ridiculous.

Perhaps if the club was playing professional level soccer my mindset would match. Its not a serious comment. Short of a miraculous deep run into the playoffs the season cannot be judged successful at all. We cant beat Colorado at home...we are going into Atlanta and Yankee Stadium and having success? I guess with the knockout format anything can happen. I hold little hope that we are winning a Cup. It would be a small victory to at least see NYCFC fail in that endeavor. If they win a Cup before us (when?) it will be absolutely devastating for the Red Bulls in the metro area.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

It would be a small victory to at least see NYCFC fail in that endeavor. If they win a Cup before us (when?) it will be absolutely devastating for the Red Bulls in the metro area.

To be fair, if either of us win a cup nobody will really care besides each teams fan base.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

And that's why I'd still fire him even if we did win an MLS Cup.

I'd keep him for sure if we won the MLS Cup but that isn't happening.  We aren't even going to get close to it.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Warshaw is not worth reading.  Ever.  The worst MLS talking head there is by far, and that's really really saying something.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Warshaw is not worth reading.  Ever.  The worst MLS talking head there is by far, and that's really really saying something.

Hes terrible. I watched him when he came on the scene a couple of years ago. Hes bad.

Bite your tongue though, while Alexi Lalas still has a job. I literally havent heard a word hes said on the air in a decade. I literally turn the channel every single time hes on TV. Such a shame because he was such a gutsy player.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Hes terrible. I watched him when he came on the scene a couple of years ago. Hes bad.

Bite your tongue though, while Alexi Lalas still has a job. I literally havent heard a word hes said on the air in a decade. I literally turn the channel every single time hes on TV. Such a shame because he was such a gutsy player.

Lalas is what Warshaw strives to be, but he's somehow both worse at it and more insufferable. If Warshaw was on actual TV, people would hate him even more than they hate Lalas.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

...............white/bwp.............
Royer........Davis/rza..........Kaku/Fern
Lawerence.....casseres........Sims/muyl
.........Long, parker, tarek
................robles.............

No more murillo... no buckmaster... no more lade.. the only guys that should get any playing time are the folks mentioned above.
3-3-3-1

And if bwp isnt in form and white is bang3d up... then lets start kaku as a forward.

Davis is a no... Kaku or Rza and Sims or Omir on the right and Murillo where you put Sims
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

True.  In my mind I was limiting it to people actually employed by the league.  Lalas is in a league of his own.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Sea - W

Por - W

DC - W

Phi - W

Mtl - W

1st Round Playoffs - L

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Sea - W

Por - W

DC - W

Phi - W

Mtl - W

1st Round Playoffs - L

You can still go 5-1!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

You can still go 5-1!

Lets not get carried away here.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Josef Martinez got injured in Atlanta's game today against San Jose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users