30 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,818 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

$10 to have tickets printed out at the Box Office or ... mailed.

$10 per game? Or $10 for the entire season?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I have tickets for this Sunday's XFL game at MetLife for the Guardians and just download the Ticketmaster app. You'll find your tickets under My Events and then click on them and click on show barcode where a blue line moves back and forth over your barcode and it specifically states on the ticket "screenshots will not get you in." 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,818 posts

the Ticketmaster app ... specifically states on the ticket "screenshots will not get you in." 

That was the only way I could find my ticket! Im doomed!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,005 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I have tickets for this Sunday's XFL game at MetLife for the Guardians and just download the Ticketmaster app. You'll find your tickets under My Events and then click on them and click on show barcode where a blue line moves back and forth over your barcode and it specifically states on the ticket "screenshots will not get you in." 

Post how that is. I would have gone if was at RBA but I'm not paying $30 to park for it

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Post how that is. I would have gone if was at RBA but I'm not paying $30 to park for it

Will do. I was able to get seats for $20 (plus the added $3 for TM fees) but was a little annoyed to find out the parking fee is just as much as any other big time event at MetLife (though I'm sure that is out of the XFL's hands). I think RBA would actually be a great arena for the XFL as the DC Defenders are playing at Audi Field and the XFL is only selling the lower bowl at MetLife. XFL (possibly) and Red Bull games are just about all I'm willing to spend on live sports experiences in this area at the moment.  

Sandman527

Sandman527

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Will do. I was able to get seats for $20 (plus the added $3 for TM fees) but was a little annoyed to find out the parking fee is just as much as any other big time event at MetLife (though I'm sure that is out of the XFL's hands). I think RBA would actually be a great arena for the XFL as the DC Defenders are playing at Audi Field and the XFL is only selling the lower bowl at MetLife. XFL (possibly) and Red Bull games are just about all I'm willing to spend on live sports experiences in this area at the moment.  

RBA won the bid, but Vince wanted MetLife. I'm happy we won't have to deal with football lines.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,818 posts

happy we won't have to deal with football lines.

Not to mention a ripped up grass field.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

RBA won the bid, but Vince wanted MetLife. I'm happy we won't have to deal with football lines.

I thought they had a policy that gridball would never be allowed at RBA? When did that change?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

At least one good thing. LA Galaxys stadium just completed last seasons MLS season, NFL season and will start the XFL season. That pitch has to be in terrible shape.

Sandman527

Sandman527

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I thought they had a policy that gridball would never be allowed at RBA? When did that change?

When money got tight.

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Maybe it's because the NY Guardians completely dominated today and many of us are not used to a tri state area team dominating in anything lately but I had a really good time today. I've been pleasantly surprised by the XFL this weekend. They're doing a lot of really cool and innovative things like the new kickoff rule, the extra point(s) option,etc. The atmosphere was fun and lots of great chants and of course a crazy streaker in nothing but his boxers getting tackled in the endzone by security! Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and were gobbling up merch at every pop up store with most already proclaiming the Guardians as the best team in NY. The announced crowd was 17k+ which is on par with the other three XFL games this weekend. However, you can see and maybe even feel a big difference between the DC game yesterday at Audi Field and the same number of fans inside of huge MetLife. This would look a lot better at RBA over MetLife. Barring playoffs, they would only be playing five home games with two of them being played in February so the crossover wouldn't be much at all to cause much issues. I know RBA apparently bid to be the host but Vince McMahon preferred MetLife because of hosting prior Wrestlemania's there and because it's synonymous with football in our area. While the parking fee obviously sucks I would go to another XFL game for sure as long as ticket prices remain low which I don't see why they wouldn't. 

As far as using the Ticketmaster app to get in, it was a breeze. Just make sure you have the app opened as soon as you're about to walk through and have it ready to be scanned. I let the scanner know I was with two others behind me and swiped so she could scan the other tickets. No problems at all. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,911 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

the perfect sized venue for XFL is Rutgers, but location is obvs the issue.

got the wristband at RBA today. i think the wristband concept isn't a bad idea. To enter the stadium today I still had to show my ticket at the gate with the blue thing that prevents screenshots. that'll be annoying, but I understand its implementation. i always took a screenshot of my ST, so got roll with this new obstacle.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,005 posts

Maybe it's because the NY Guardians completely dominated today and many of us are not used to a tri state area team dominating in anything lately but I had a really good time today. I've been pleasantly surprised by the XFL this weekend. They're doing a lot of really cool and innovative things like the new kickoff rule, the extra point(s) option,etc. The atmosphere was fun and lots of great chants and of course a crazy streaker in nothing but his boxers getting tackled in the endzone by security! Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and were gobbling up merch at every pop up store with most already proclaiming the Guardians as the best team in NY. The announced crowd was 17k+ which is on par with the other three XFL games this weekend. However, you can see and maybe even feel a big difference between the DC game yesterday at Audi Field and the same number of fans inside of huge MetLife. This would look a lot better at RBA over MetLife. Barring playoffs, they would only be playing five home games with two of them being played in February so the crossover wouldn't be much at all to cause much issues. I know RBA apparently bid to be the host but Vince McMahon preferred MetLife because of hosting prior Wrestlemania's there and because it's synonymous with football in our area. While the parking fee obviously sucks I would go to another XFL game for sure as long as ticket prices remain low which I don't see why they wouldn't. 

As far as using the Ticketmaster app to get in, it was a breeze. Just make sure you have the app opened as soon as you're about to walk through and have it ready to be scanned. I let the scanner know I was with two others behind me and swiped so she could scan the other tickets. No problems at all. 

I ended up going to the game as well cause I got a free ticket. I was impressed with how loud the crowd was and those endzone sections looked pretty rowdy. It really reminded me of Metro/Red Bull games back at the old Giant's stadium when even a good crowd still looked bad because of how many seats they have available.

I found the players personable and easy to root for and I'll definitely be watching and attending some more games in the future. The parking fee is definitely too high but it's hard to complain about that when I got a free ticket.

My biggest issue is they had talked about speeding the game up and it being faster than the NFL but all the games over the weekend were still around 3 hours. Since it was the first weekend I can see them being a little slower but I was really hoping the games would be closer to 2.5 hours. My biggest complaint about the NFL is how so much of it is slow and drawn out and I was hoping the XFL would cut the time down a lot more. They put the shorter play clock and the ref who only spots the ball but it didn't seem to make things that much quicker overall.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,005 posts

the perfect sized venue for XFL is Rutgers, but location is obvs the issue.

got the wristband at RBA today. i think the wristband concept isn't a bad idea. To enter the stadium today I still had to show my ticket at the gate with the blue thing that prevents screenshots. that'll be annoying, but I understand its implementation. i always took a screenshot of my ST, so got roll with this new obstacle.

They should have made the wrist bands like the old red member cards so we could just scan the wirst bands to get in.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

$10 per game? Or $10 for the entire season?

The entire season. I think you have a choice to have them mailed or to pick them up. The $10 goes supposedly to the labor of the person printing the ticket / the cost of the paper. Its bullshit. I also think they charge for each request. For example if you want to get your playoff tickets printed they will charge you again, then again for any one off match like a friendly, or qualifer at RBA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users