150 replies to this topic

zoomosapien

zoomosapien

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, MLS, US MNT
I'm not saying the Kljestan should or should not sit, but if he did what lineups would we use? Who would take his place?

Barring stats, I feel he has not put his stamp on many games and needs to step it up a bit. What do you guys think?
" I don't know you and you don't know the half of it " - Bono

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Gotta think Felipe if no formation change.  Also possible with Davis.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Well obviously our only attacking signing of the off season will start and-- Oh, right...

Honestly not even sure I can come up with a great alternative, Kljestan is literally our only central playmaker. Unless Jesse can miraculously make the 4-4-2 work, just do what Komba said and put Felipe at the point with Adams and Davis behind.

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

Why, our backup central attacking midfielder of course, who is [ERROR NOT DEFINED]

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Sadly, the next best option at CAM is either Metzger or Basuljevic. Davis hasn't proven to be better than Sacha in a slump. Bezecourt isn't on a first team contract.

Metzger played the role pretty well with the USL team until they had him drop back.

Team really needs to find another Amado Guevara or Sacha needs to regain the ability to shoot the ball and run.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Sadly, the next best option at CAM is either Metzger or Basuljevic. Davis hasn't proven to be better than Sacha in a slump. Bezecourt isn't on a first team contract.

Metzger played the role pretty well with the USL team until they had him drop back.

Team really needs to find another Amado Guevara or Sacha needs to regain the ability to shoot the ball and run.

We can't do some fancy pants loan thing with Bezecourt? He's one of our best USL prospects how is he not available to fill in.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Without Sacha we could play a front 4 where everyone can run.  Personally I would put Muyl next to BWP and put Veron in the midfield, or put Etienne in midfield and Veron up top.  But we all know Jesse will do the lineup below, or the aforementioned Felipe/Davis as CAM

BWP Veron
Royer Grella
Felipe Adams
Back 4

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Adams and Davis as holding mids

Felipe as CAM

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Royer has played there before. 

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Leo Stolz?

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Did Davis play as a deep lying CM or further up the pitch when he was with the USL squad?

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

A French guy whose been on loan and hasn't played much in 2 years.

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

A French guy whose been on loan and hasn't played much in 2 years.

Well... the last French guy we signed had who hadn't played much in 2 years worked out pretty well.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Sacha's never been a shooter.    Davis is not a finished product, plus he and Adams partner well together.   Give them a solid CB pair behind them, and a real scoring option or two on the wings to work with, and I am comfortable with a Davis/Adams/Felipe midfield.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Well... the last French guy we signed had who hadn't played much in 2 years worked out pretty well.

True, but he was also a spot starter. We need a starter. In his prime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users