• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

The subject line of the email from Red Bull says Tetteh is an ATTACKING forward.  Which is great because this squad already has enough non-attacking forwards...

Lol

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I dont know if we're going to get a good enough look in a regular season of 6 more games to know whether to buy or not.

Hopefully the buy option is cheap considering we gave away Adams to Leipzig for probably 1/3 or 1/4 of what we could have sold him for.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

I dont know if we're going to get a good enough look in a regular season of 6 more games to know whether to buy or not.

Hopefully the buy option is cheap considering we gave away Adams to Leipzig for probably 1/3 or 1/4 of what we could have sold him for.

Six games have been announced. My understanding is that if they keep the virus in check there will be another 12 matches, for a regular season total of 23. We may get to see Tetteh play 10+ matches.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

[...] we gave away Adams to Leipzig for probably 1/3 or 1/4 of what we could have sold him for.

Speculation/revisionist history. There were no other offers for Adams at the time. If another team was willing to buy Adams for more money than RBL, but he went to Leipzig anyway, the other team would've complained to UEFA or at least to anyone who'd listen.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

I've heard the expression "attacking midfielder" but this is the first time I've heard of an "attacking forward". I've heard of a "center forward",  a "target forward", a "striker", but this is a new one. If only our players were as creative as our media people.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

first time I've heard of an "attacking forward".

Well, McSoccer said that we have a few non-attacking forwards!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

7 goals in the Austrian league as a part-time starter. I've seen an Austrian league game (not Salzburg) in person. It wasn't exactly better than MLS.

But, whatever, why not. Change of scenery, etc. Can't be worse than Barlow?

This pretty much sums up the move. Good to have someone with some talent at the position, unlike Wharlow, but not a DP type to get overly excited about.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Nice write up
He has been injured 2 of the last 3 season with all different injuries meniscus s, other knee appendix
Still working on full fitness it seems
and LASK wanted to buy.
https://www.onceamet...t-samuel-tetteh
Super sub him for Royer on LW or right for Omir
and let either White or Royer start up top

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

injured 2 of the last 3 season ... meniscus, other knee ...

Best wishes for a full recovery!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

"Tetteh continued his productive form with seven goals and seven assists in forty-two first team appearances" ... 7 goals in 42 appearances is good form for "attacking forward"? The more I am reading the more it is looking like Jorgey is our best chance at a decent striker this year.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

"Tetteh continued his productive form with seven goals and seven assists in forty-two first team appearances" ... 7 goals in 42 appearances is good form for "attacking forward"? The more I am reading the more it is looking like Jorgey is our best chance at a decent striker this year.

Oh come on

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Oh come on

Listen, I am hoping for the best. Just that data available so far on Tetteh does not make me think we got the forward spot locked up now. Injury history, low scoring in comparable leagues to MLS, etc... Let's see what happens, but I would not be surprised if Jorgey, who is still not even 20, actually does better.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

7 goals in 42 app(s) ... good form for "attacking forward"?

Well, his wiki says 7 in 29 league apps:
https://en.m.wikiped...i/Samuel_Tetteh
16 in 66 Austria BL appearances overall.
Not fantastic, but not bad.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I like the enthusiasm on Jorgensen and agree that he's only 20 so he still may become a player.   But, Tetteh has at least scored goals at a level higher than USL.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Royer had 11 goals in 63 appearances for Austria Wien. I'm not sure what you're expecting. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users