19 replies to this topic

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

A big decline from winning SS twice in three seasons to last place. It is no excuse that many 1st team starters are injured. The ones called up to fill their cleats are just not good enough to carry team. Struber is as  incompetent as that horrible coach Osorio. Maybe it is time to bring Mike Petke as coach who led team to 1st major trophy(Supporter's Shield) 

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

A big decline from winning SS twice in three seasons to last place. It is no excuse that many 1st team starters are injured. The ones called up to fill their cleats are just not good enough to carry team. Struber is as  incompetent as that horrible coach Osorio. Maybe it is time to bring Mike Petke as coach who led team to 1st major trophy(Supporter's Shield) 

Ive seen this mentioned before, theres no way Petke gets another coaching gig in MLS let alone Metro.

LONG LIVE METRO

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
Yeah not sure the guy who got fired for a homophobic tirade is the best optics for the club given events already transpired this season...

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Maybe it is time to bring Mike Petke (back) as coach

Unfortunately, there are too many perfect humans.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

no way Petke gets another coaching gig in MLS let alone Metro.

Ironically, the owner who fired him was himself forced out of MLS for worse misconduct.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

not sure the guy who got fired for a homophobic tirade is the best optics for the club given events already transpired this season...

He should have just called the ref a monkey & got a 6-game suspension.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Unfortunately, there are too many perfect humans.

I love Petke, but I like my coaches to know their star player is one yellow away from suspension and the have realization that Tim Cahill is not a fucking D-Mid

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I'll say this. Our two most successful managers were American. Maybe Austria will realize that when picking the next manager?

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Ive seen this mentioned before, theres no way Petke gets another coaching gig in MLS let alone Metro.

A year ago, I would have agreed with this. I thought the Petkes, Heaps, & Olsens were done in MLS, but then Houston hired Ben. I dont think actions are whats holding him back from getting a job. Enough time has passed, if he was good enough someone would bring him in.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I'll say this. Our two most successful managers were American. Maybe Austria will realize that when picking the next manager?

Are most MLS Cup winners coached by Americans? City & ATL werent, but other recent winners - LAFC, TFC, Crew/Portland, Seattle all were. Probably skewed bc its an American League, but still.

Stefan Schuette

Stefan Schuette

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Supports:New York
After Bob gets fired from Toronto. We should bring back Bob. Its time for him to come home.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

A year ago, I would have agreed with this. I thought the Petkes, Heaps, & Olsens were done in MLS, but then Houston hired Ben. I dont think actions are whats holding him back from getting a job. Enough time has passed, if he was good enough someone would bring him in.

I dont think Petke's done for that homophobic ref abuse... he could have come back from that. His comment (and follow up note if I recall correctly) struck me as him trying to fuck with the ref, rather than some hatred of gay people. That doesnt make it ok, but it does allow for a route for growth. 

But Petke is done as an MLS coach because he sued his former team and MLS for wages. I think thats  

Now, based on some BWP and Henry comments, I dont think he was a very good coach here. A team back then with Henry and BWP playing how they were should have been SS/Open Cup/MLS cup winners. 

Metro dummy

Metro dummy

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Red Bulls soccer, the joke is on us.

Does anyone here think Mike Petke would make a difference in the right direction for the "joke" team dispite him being out of soccer for some time? 

Metro dummy

Metro dummy

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Red Bulls soccer, the joke is on us.

Bring back the master motivator, Mike Petke.  He sounded to me like he knows what he's talking about.  I'm hope he has learned his lesson not to criticize the refs in a bad way.   WTF, no other coach wants to work for this hot garbage called Red Bulls, you might as well get rid of this high school coach, Lesesne, and bring back Mike "The Master Motivator" Petke.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
No one wants that homophobe that was carried to a Supporters Shield by Thierry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users