• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts
The forwards have until July 1st to start scoring. The front office better start scouting and have back up plans because theyre holding this team back.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

The forwards have until July 1st to start scoring. The front office better start scouting and have back up plans because theyre holding this team back.

Dennis Hamlett reporting for duty

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Dennis Hamlett reporting for duty

Coming down to Fletcher. They cannot pick up his 3 year option if he doesnt show the scoring ability. Cant get sucked in a long term deal now that we have that with klimala.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
welp Zach Ryan isn't the answer either!

Sending out positive vibes to Fletcher right now, all our hopes on him

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

welp Zach Ryan isn't the answer either!

Sending out positive vibes to Fletcher right now, all our hopes on him

I wouldnt get rid of him. He is still a project and needs time to develop. Looked like his shoulder popped out and the medical staff popped it back in at the game. Hard to judge a guy when he is playing banged up. If anything shows that the kid has guts and heart. I would give him time to see what he can show.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Coming down to Fletcher. They cannot pick up his 3 year option if he doesnt show the scoring ability. Cant get sucked in a long term deal now that we have that with klimala.

he has a month to show what he can do

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
It's all so odd to me bc the one thing all the RB teams have is some random 9 who comes in and scores 20+ goals minus us...

Haaland, Nkuku, Werner, Adoymibu, they seem to almost always have a hit at Salzburg / Leipzig - can't we just apply whatever scouting principles they use and find someone who can score 15/20 goals a year in MLS?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

we missed out Zardes to Rapids ;-)

I don't think he would do well in our system at all.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Not sure if Zardes would work here, but 300K for Zardes...

Hamlett spent 200K on a draft pick who is not eligible to play.

And then the 675K on Clark, who, you know.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts
Columbus will receive 1.1 million more if he hit certain bonuses. I still would have him over any of our other guys which isnt saying much

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

Columbus will receive 1.1 million more if he hit certain bonuses. I still would have him over any of our other guys which isnt saying much

The incentives are over 3 seasons, and he is a free agent after this one... It's a good gamble for Colorado. I wish we would do something like this.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

It's all so odd to me bc the one thing all the RB teams have is some random 9 who comes in and scores 20+ goals minus us...

Haaland, Nkuku, Werner, Adoymibu, they seem to almost always have a hit at Salzburg / Leipzig - can't we just apply whatever scouting principles they use and find someone who can score 15/20 goals a year in MLS?

Haaland: 14 goals in the Norwegian top flight, 8.8M fee
Nkuku: 8 goals in Ligue 1, 14M fee
Werner: 13 goals in the Bundisliga, 24M fee

Compare to:
Jorgensen: 2 goals in Denmark, 2.5M fee
Klimala: 8 goals in the Polish top flight, 3 goals in Scotland, 4.8M fee

Find someone who is scoring regularly in a league comparable to MLS, pay what it takes to get them. I promise you don't need a world class analytics department to figure this out.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Not sure if Zardes would work here, but 300K for Zardes...

Hamlett spent 200K on a draft pick who is not eligible to play.

And then the 675K on Clark, who, you know.

When are we going to get a MF Top 10 Hamlett trades?

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

The incentives are over 3 seasons, and he is a free agent after this one... It's a good gamble for Colorado. I wish we would do something like this.

We all know they would sooner sell Rockstar and Monster at the RBA concession stands than acquire a proven MLS vet.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Actually disagree here. RB, besides Salzburg where their resource advantage is overwhelming, isnt amazing scouting for strikers. They just turnover squad a lot. They definitely have a type for these big active guys with sus finishing they hope to improve.
Among their top 20 transfers all positions are Sorloth, Jean Kevin Augustin, Cunha, Oliver Burke.

Nkunku situation was pretty lucky imo he was a AM they moved to forward this year since the forwards were struggling. Something we should consider with Morgan but not what Nkunku was brought my in to do.

Difference is that they were able to take multiple bites at the apple once they realized they had a flop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users