294 replies to this topic

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Hopefully its on the shorter end of the timeline, although certainly dont want to rush him back.

at least he knows how we want to play so getting up to speed is more about fitness than tactics

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
This would be good! I thought he was a really solid piece. I think wed be two pieces away. And well never get them because we never do

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

This would be good! I thought he was a really solid piece. I think wed be two pieces away. And well never get them because we never do

More than two certainly. ST, AM, CDM, and LB. Even with those 4, in addition to Edwards, they would still have space for 2 more.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

As it stands in a 4-2-3-1 if Edwards is back in the fold:

Klimala

Carmona Casseres Morgan

Yearwood ???

Tolkin Reyes Nealis [Edwards]

Coronel 

Meara Long Monzon Nealis Pendant Omir Amaya Harper Edelman Barlow

Marcucci Estrela Sowe [Ryan] 

_____

This team could make the playoffs, but would not host a playoff game. Possibly semis of USOpen Cup at best. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

not surprised Edwards is coming but due to MLS window being open for longer surprised he isnt fighting for his place post injury before deciding.  Would be really happy with him back.  Back 5 of Edwards, Nealis, Reyes, Long and Tolkin is among the best if not the best in MLS.   We can stall with Nealis while Edwards recovers not a big deal since he knows system

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
Agree, Edwards is a really good player. Thrilled he looks like hes coming back. Need a serious attacking piece and it's really rough if we don't get one... There's zero reason to think there's any chance at winning a title and isn't that the whole point of this?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

How exactly could we be "leading the pack of MLS clubs"? He doesn't qualify for MLS free agency, so we should own his rights, no? Or is this another MLS rule because he was on loan...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

How exactly could we be "leading the pack of MLS clubs"? He doesn't qualify for MLS free agency, so we should own his rights, no? Or is this another MLS rule because he was on loan...

I dont think any MLS club owns his rights, could also just be agent talk and it sounds good in an article.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

I dont think any MLS club owns his rights, could also just be agent talk and it sounds good in an article.

But why wouldn't it? If a player leaves MLS and is not sold, his rights should remain...

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

But why wouldn't it? If a player leaves MLS and is not sold, his rights should remain...

I'm guessing it would be the usual thing that happens in MLS, which is that the team with discovery rights doesn't stand in the way and in return they're paid a nominal fee for their cooperatio. Didn't we get something from MTL for "discovering" Nesta?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

I'm guessing it would be the usual thing that happens in MLS, which is that the team with discovery rights doesn't stand in the way and in return they're paid a nominal fee for their cooperatio. Didn't we get something from MTL for "discovering" Nesta?

Yes, we got something for Nesta, but this is before a player is actually in MLS. Once he is here, the team should own his rights, unless he is sold or qualifies for MLS free agency.

But maybe it's different because it was a loan? Coronel was on loan to Philly first, but there was no official news that we gave up anything for his rights... but then there was a gap year. Who fucking knows.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Yes, we got something for Nesta, but this is before a player is actually in MLS. Once he is here, the team should own his rights, unless he is sold or qualifies for MLS free agency.

But maybe it's different because it was a loan? Coronel was on loan to Philly first, but there was no official news that we gave up anything for his rights... but then there was a gap year. Who fucking knows.

I'm guessing it's either because it's a loan or that it would be the same kind of thing as discovery where Team X would pay us a small amount of GAM for his "rights."

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

its a loan when the loan expires his mls rights are not controlled

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

This team could make the playoffs

We pass that low bar pretty much every year.

Possibly semis of USOpen Cup

Presuming there is a USOC this year,
we will probably get as far as we do in MLS Cup.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

its a loan when the loan expires his mls rights are not controlled

Well, i thought there was a silly rule where if an MLS team wants you back but when you leave the team no compensation is received then they still hold your MLS rights if you return. Isnt that how dc was able to get najar and kc was able to get espinoza back?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users