MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Hope we can overcome the inevitable PKs Atlanta will draw

It's crazy how favored they are... Maybe I'm a conspiracy whacko but geez do they get a lot of PKs awarded and now BWP gets a bs suspension the week before... Idk it's too crazy of a coincidence

And definetly need to use the high press especially the early part of the Match.. And while Etienne has been good maybe starting him by himself might not be the best idea... It maybe better to start White or Abang or both or one of the two with Etienne
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I don't like the idea of Etienne up top alone, but I don't know what other options we have beyond a tactical overhaul ahead of the most important game of the season thus far. I doubt Brian White is the guy, but he's the only other striker that's in the mix that we have.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I doubt Brian White is the guy, but he's the only other striker that's in the mix that we have.

Abang?

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Abang?

Not only has he not played an MLS minute this season, he hasn't made the bench and he's hardly been with the team since they've started loaning him out in 2016.

White's at least played MLS minutes and even scored a goal. If Armas decides he needs an out-and-out striker to slot in for BWP, it'd be him. That being said, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be Etienne -- though, I do worry about his effectiveness alone up top.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Is Rossi still training with the team???
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Whites only contribution has been a tap in. He's been absolutely invisible the rest of the time. For a sole striker, being invisible is not a quality you want. Further, he doesn't have the raw physical tools you would expect for someone his size.

Etienne, for all his faults, has contributed more. He gets into good positions, takes shots (not all with great success), and puts in dangerous passes inside the 18. If the choice is White or Etienne at sole striker, 100% it's gotta be Etienne.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle
My order of preference:

1. Etienne
2. White

3. Abang

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Royer

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Royer

I would like to see this, as well, but I unfortunately dont think its even in the deck of cards.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

I would like to see this, as well, but I unfortunately dont think its even in the deck of cards.

He works his ass off, knows the system inside and out and has a knack for showing up at the right place right time. Put him up top and have Etienne feed him.

Its a no brainer.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

He works his ass off, knows the system inside and out and has a knack for showing up at the right place right time. Put him up top and have Etienne feed him.

Its a no brainer.

100%. If Etienne can play at striker, so can Royer.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Its a no brainer.

I agree, but I have my doubts we'll see it on Sunday, when we haven't seen it all year. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Id also argue that without BWP theres an opportunity to throw a curveball at Atlanta here. I mean f#ck it. Who expects us to beat them without 99?

So how about moving Adams somewhere else on the field? Move him to RB for this match and let Murillo lose as a winger? Move him to advanced destroyer and let Kaku roam wide? Move him to RW and have him and Murillo terrorize that flank? Hes such a dangerous player and without BWP it might be worth it to throw something out there thats unexpected.

Or is he too valuable at the 6 in this game?

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Id also argue that without BWP theres an opportunity to throw a curveball at Atlanta here. I mean f#ck it. Who expects us to beat them without 99?

So how about moving Adams somewhere else on the field? Move him to RB for this match and let Murillo lose as a winger? Move him to advanced destroyer and let Kaku roam wide? Move him to RW and have him and Murillo terrorize that flank? Hes such a dangerous player and without BWP it might be worth it to throw something out there thats unexpected.

Or is he too valuable at the 6 in this game?

I think he's probably too valuable not to have in the middle of the field to break up Atlanta's attack.

It might not be a bad idea to start both Royer and Etienne and have the two switch off up top. It might keep the defense off-balance and create some confusion.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Shame that Abang hasn't merited a look with the 1st team, I'd like to see him get in the mix with ATL's Parkhurst and LGP, hoping that he gets either of those two sent off. I'd be ok with Etienne/White up top, they've been up there before, although they don't bring the physical traits that Abang would. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users