• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

jroke

jroke

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Supports:anyone BUT redbull
kid does what he does best, hustle and break up plays. I'd like to see what he can do as a pure dm role

Bob the MetroStars12thman

Bob the MetroStars12thman

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USA, Allez les Bleus, Jets
I don't know what anyone sees in Dax, he's about the same level as Ballouchy. For every good pass he makes, he makes about 10 awful passes, some to the other side. I can't wait to get the alleged #10 DP this summer and get this liability off the pitch. To think we got this useless player for DeRo, unfuckingbelievable!!!

jroke

jroke

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Supports:anyone BUT redbull

I don't know what anyone sees in Dax, he's about the same level as Ballouchy. For every good pass he makes, he makes about 10 awful passes, some to the other side. I can't wait to get the alleged #10 DP this summer and get this liability off the pitch. To think we got this useless player for DeRo, unfuckingbelievable!!!

I'll admit the kid isn't amazing, but he's not horrible when he is used properly. Obviously the trade was bad, but I think the kid can have a

role here.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

kid does what he does best, hustle and break up plays. I'd like to see what he can do as a pure dm role

We did try that a few times last year, it was a disaster. He had awful games in that position against both DC and Colorado last year, looked like a deer in headlights in both games. His role is exactly what we've seen the last two games, a box to box CM that can provide energy (necessary to offset Rafa's meandering), simple possession, and some high pressure on the other team's midfield. He's a bit inconsistent, but he's proven that on a good day he is an asset to the team.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
https://twitter.com/...778548851507200

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

We did try that a few times last year, it was a disaster. He had awful games in that position against both DC and Colorado last year, looked like a deer in headlights in both games. His role is exactly what we've seen the last two games, a box to box CM that can provide energy (necessary to offset Rafa's meandering), simple possession, and some high pressure on the other team's midfield. He's a bit inconsistent, but he's proven that on a good day he is an asset to the team.

This

3 pts feels good. 3 pts on the road feels great. 4-1 feels fantastic. Not getting @rmeara_18 his first shutout? Feels like sh*t! #nextgame

:cheers:

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Shoot the Bull

Shoot the Bull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Interests:RBNY
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal
Since it's the anniversary of the trade, just went back to look at some of the comments on the original deal. I thik we can all agree the trade worked out a bit better then we all thought it would.

Happy anniversary Dax! Glad you're here.
Proud supporter and STH of RBNY - In it through thick and thin.

Forza Metro! We love ya. Oh, and Fuck DC scum.

twitter: @mromilio

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Since it's the anniversary of the trade, just went back to look at some of the comments on the original deal. I thik we can all agree the trade worked out a bit better then we all thought it would.

Happy anniversary Dax! Glad you're here.

The problem isn't that we have Dax. It is that we could have Dax and DeRo.

Shoot the Bull

Shoot the Bull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
I know, I know...but DeRo is Scum now so,

Fuck DeRo.

Shoot the Bull

Shoot the Bull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Bumping this 5 year old topic for great justice to our captain, Dax McCarty - will end up being our all time appearances leader - who'd have thunk it - it really did turn out that he was just the type of player we need.  :D

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

chuckle

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
A week ago Dax was singled out for being overpaid and underperforming.

One week and two goals later he's back to God Level. We should probably just calm down, but anyway. 

I love that he gets it. I love that he fights. It may be the case that the years are taking a toll on his legs, but I'm glad he's on our team. 

If you truly believe in playing the kids & growing a system, you'd taking losing with a Yank like that, over winning with a Lampard a-hole on our team anyday. 

Fans are irrational, and I'm a fan of Dax. I hope he plays well the rest of the season.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
A week ago Dax was singled out for being overpaid and underperforming.

One week and two goals later he's back to God Level. We should probably just calm down, but anyway. 

I love that he gets it. I love that he fights. It may be the case that the years are taking a toll on his legs, but I'm glad he's on our team. 

If you truly believe in playing the kids & growing a system, you'd taking losing with a Yank like that, over winning with a Lampard a-hole on our team anyday. 

Fans are irrational, and I'm a fan of Dax. I hope he plays well the rest of the season.

His play so far this season has been underwhelming, especially in the light of the ~100% salary raise in the offseason. 2 goals in the NYCFC game help forget a lot of bad performances (hi BWP), but Dax's play as a whole (even on Saturday, aside from the goals) hasn't been great. The hustle and fight is definitely there, and that's awesome, but he's giving up the ball a lot, even on simple passes, so he definitely needs to do better. He knows it, too. You can see him get upset with himself after mistakes.

I doubt there is anyone who does not like Dax, it's just not been a stellar start of the season from him. Plenty of time in the season to make amends, and Saturday was a fantastic start.

Overall, he's a been a great leader and a captain.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
He played awesome on Saturday. The rest of the season he is invisible or passes directly to the other team.

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
Dax for DeRo is the #1 best trade this team has ever made. We traded an over-the-hill former star turned mercenary for a team legend. Dax, if you are reading this, you should know that like Mike Petke, you will never need to buy your own beer for the rest of your life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users