45 replies to this topic

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
Why do you want my Tourette's to kick in again?

Why, god dammnit. WHY????????

WHY

jamison's is the correct answer BTW - nothing beats Nick Sack. Nothing. Although Chuckles deserves a mention for screwing up the launch on the field by drafting so poorly that he made even Paul Gardner prescient. That's sad

We have had some very good coaches fail here and do well elsewhere.
We have never seen a GM be successful anywhere else.
Our ownership has been (in order) - A sunshine patriot with no clue, a fifth wheel to be ignored and starved of funds, a fucking billboard for something non-soccer related.

In related news, our trophy case is empty.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Why do you want my Tourette's to kick in again?

Why, god dammnit. WHY????????

WHY

jamison's is the correct answer BTW - nothing beats Nick Sack. Nothing. Although Chuckles deserves a mention for screwing up the launch on the field by drafting so poorly that he made even Paul Gardner prescient. That's sad

We have had some very good coaches fail here and do well elsewhere.
We have never seen a GM be successful anywhere else.
Our ownership has been (in order) - A sunshine patriot with no clue, a fifth wheel to be ignored and starved of funds, a fucking billboard for something non-soccer related.

In related news, our trophy case is empty.

What, all of those executive of the year awards didn't impress you?

#RedBullOut

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

Should my friend choose to add some more to this, he is free to do so.

I got nothing to add besides.... Why would you insult / pick a fight with those that are fans of the team you work for?

How is that going to help you in the long run?

The guy literally followed us outside with his buddy holding him back. The whole thing made zero sense... only thing I can surmise was him seeing the expat talk passionately about Scottish soccer / Celtic riled him up in an agro way.

Wasn't worth the time of day to continue any further.

Dark hair, 5 o'clock shadow (goatee and beard), 30ish. Before he got agro, he mentioned he's a ticket rep for the team and knew the people he we had mentioned that work for the team.

These guys were clearly liquored up and were looking at any chance for a little excitement. Wasn't going to provide it to them.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
I echo Jamison's and Fina's points... Nick Sack is at a level of his own. Everybody else is secondary.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

MetroSquard

MetroSquard

ain't nuttin to fcuk wit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, USA
Nick Sack without question.

60-90 days
Treatment of supporters groups
Inflated ticket numbers
Horrible trades
Behavior on the bench
"I'm a Steinbrenner guy"
Taking credit for the Arena

Am I missing anything?

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers

Friend and I were talking getting some late nite eats on Avenue A. We're talking about the bus trip to DC and other club related stuff, no more standing in the upper deck of RFK, possible interacting and banter with DC fans, etc.....

Damn thats some crazy shit. I give you props for not popping the guy in the mouth.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Nick Sack without question.

60-90 days
Treatment of supporters groups
Inflated ticket numbers
Horrible trades
Behavior on the bench
"I'm a Steinbrenner guy"
Taking credit for the Arena

Am I missing anything?

Fake resume?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

DHatch

DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros

Fake resume?

"Professional" Goalkeeper. hahahahah.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Friend and I were talking getting some late nite eats on Avenue A. We're talking about the bus trip to DC and other club related stuff, no more standing in the upper deck of RFK, possible interacting and banter with DC fans, etc.

Some random guy, an expatriate sitting at the table next to us, interrupts and then begins a lecture as to how we are not schooled in knowing about soccer. During this part, we tell the expatriate we're fans of RBNY. Guy continues on the half-drunken lecture, all the while his pal Fonzie sitting at the bar, drinking water, I assume. Expat tells Fonzie that we're fans of RBNY, Fonzie tells us that he works in the Ticketing office upon hearing that we're fans, my friend being an STH, and we tell him we know Mike Minchella. My friend says he knows Lisa Becker, and Fonzie makes the comment. We both don't know why he said the comment, it's the 1st time he talks and involves himself in the conversation.

Fonzie comes over, possibly recovering from a nite out, a little of the drink spills on my arm, I ask him to take it easy due to the spill. I don't yell at him, in fact, I ask politely, I'm too busy wondering why the lecture from the expat is happening in the first place. During this time, the expat continues to think that since we're not of Euro extraction or are super-reverntial to all thing Euro, he proceeds to continuing lecturing us, this time with an even more condescending tone. I found this part to be comical, considering that he didn't even know that Kris Boyd is the all-time leading scorer of the SPL, the whole time professing that Larsson was. He then backtracks when presented with the facts, but still tries to lecture. We laugh at his error.

Fonzie gets all attitude on me since I told him to back up so that he doesn't spill more water. The expat, for some reason, is riled up. He didn't like hearing from Americans that Boyd, who in all honesty, I could care less about in the first place, plays in this league, and he being a Celtic fan, I assume, MUST cop an attitude with people whose conversation HE interrupted. He also didn't like hearing that some of us American soccer fans could REALLY care less about sectarianism, how it is ridiculous in our eyes, and about how politics are heavily involved in the game. I make the comment, "I am glad that sort of bullshit doesn't exist here, what a waste of time". Guess he didn't like that either, but continues to try and lecture, but raising his voice in doing so.

It proceeds further, friend and I exchange a look of "who gives a fuck" and we proceed to wrap up. He gets up when we do since we've already finished eating, and is almost yelling. He says some things, I return with comments. He gets in my face. I am unmoved, clearly not caring that he is riled up. I guess he didn't like that we didn't fall over ourselves and praise his team or the fact that a player he despises plays here, and especially for a team we could give a crap about in the first place.

Fonzie is clearly yelling, "LET'S GO! LET'S GO! WHAT?!?!", etc. My friend, who is dumbfounded at how the expat just barged in on our conversation and then proceed to get angry at us. Dumfounded especially over a player that we, in the end, don't really care about. My friend starts walking out, feeling that continuing this with two drunks is futile. I'll give him that, he and I just wanted to get a bite to eat and talk about the upcoming home matches and potential MLS road trips. At this point, I assume that the people who are working at the place tell the expat and Fonzie to calm down or will call the police. The workers didn't tell us to calm down, cuz our voices weren't raised in the first place.

Expat calms down, but can't help himself but to sling some more barbs at us, "MLS is NOTHING! FULL OF NOBODIES!". I return with some comments of my own like , "Whatever buddy, keep talking, you don't matter anyway, you're done, so feel free to 'go on and walk alone'". Fonzie is still acting up, and tries to follow us outside, with my friend burying his face in his hands due to the whole stupidity of the situation which all began with the expat barging in in our conversation. I proceed to wave goodbye to the expat and Fonzie. I suppose this riled Fonzie up. Fonzie is outside trying to follow, with expat trying to calm him down and get him back in the restaurant. My friend is still shaking his head, but I can't help but have a laugh at what went down.

All this over Kris Boyd and Fonzie not being able to keep his styrofoam cup upright.

Should my friend choose to add some more to this, he is free to do so.

No need. Got the gist of it. Big-ups for not taking the bait in that situation and walking away. Best thing to do with someone badly inflicted with the "stupid disease". A lesser man would've just knocked them the fuck out.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
While Charlie Stillitano was completely clueless and made some of the worst moves in Metro history (Savarese trade) most people seem to agree he was a nice guy in way over his head. Nick Sackoshitz on the other hand is a complete and utter a-hole to the 9th degree.
Perfect fit for Philly. :cheers:

metro bomaye!

metro bomaye!

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Supports:METRO | Betis
Alexi Lalas destroyed the team so thoroughly and in such a small period of time that it really does beggar belief. I never saw the Stillitano or Sack years but Alexi's incompetence was without limit.

Red Bull Out

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:Bora Bora Metro
Most of these guys were bad in their very special and unique ways (the tag line for Jim Leahy should have been "belly up to the bar"), but Sacko was without a doubt the worst. The constant bullshit, the lack of results, all of it.

I remember one particular Sacko headscratcher when he took over. At a pre-season ESC Q&A, Nick S. said something to the effect that a manager in soccer is also known as a "caretaker," and he was glad to be a "caretaker" of the team.

Everybody at Nathan Hale's was totally baffled by that one. Not sure if anyone ever explained to Nick that "caretaker" is a term for an INTERIM manager, not for ANY manager.
╔╦╗┌─┐┌┬┐┬─┐┌─┐  ╔═╗┌─┐┬─┐┌─┐┬  ┬┌─┐┬─┐
║║║├┤  │ ├┬┘│ │  ╠╣ │ │├┬┘├┤ └┐┌┘├┤ ├┬┘
╩ ╩└─┘ ┴ ┴└─└─┘  ╚  └─┘┴└─└─┘ └┘ └─┘┴└─

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:Bora Bora Metro
Also, FC Nantes. What the fuck was up with THAT?
╔╦╗┌─┐┌┬┐┬─┐┌─┐  ╔═╗┌─┐┬─┐┌─┐┬  ┬┌─┐┬─┐
║║║├┤  │ ├┬┘│ │  ╠╣ │ │├┬┘├┤ └┐┌┘├┤ ├┬┘
╩ ╩└─┘ ┴ ┴└─└─┘  ╚  └─┘┴└─└─┘ └┘ └─┘┴└─

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Most of these guys were bad in their very special and unique ways (the tag line for Jim Leahy should have been "belly up to the bar"), but Sacko was without a doubt the worst. The constant bullshit, the lack of results, all of it.

I remember one particular Sacko headscratcher when he took over. At a pre-season ESC Q&A, Nick S. said something to the effect that a manager in soccer is also known as a "caretaker," and he was glad to be a "caretaker" of the team.

Everybody at Nathan Hale's was totally baffled by that one. Not sure if anyone ever explained to Nick that "caretaker" is a term for an INTERIM manager, not for ANY manager.

Then there was the time Sacko lied to ESC and claimed Bob Bradely had told him that our negatvity in the stands was deterimental to the team or something like that.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

Then there was the time Sacko lied to ESC and claimed Bob Bradely had told him that our negatvity in the stands was deterimental to the team or something like that.

Exactly.

Charlie S. wasn't a prick. Lalas was just clueless and given a role he had no business being involved in. Wayyyyyy to green for a general manager position.

Nick Sack... was / is hated. There's a difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users