34 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Hoping this guy has more attacking chops than Tolkin to give us a different look when playing with wingbacks, like Gutman did last year. I like Tolkin, but he provides next to nothing going forward.

Before the last 2 matches, one vs. lower level competition, he had attempted 1 cross the entire season.

5 vs. Dallas, and 8 yesterday vs. Hartford.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Before the last 2 matches, one vs. lower level competition, he had attempted 1 cross the entire season.

5 vs. Dallas, and 8 yesterday vs. Hartford.

Not checking stats, I recall him being MUCH more aggressive going forward last year.     Seems like that youthful fearlessness had  maybe been coached out of him.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Need competition for Tolkien would be a good pick up imo.

just once Can you spell Tolkin correctly

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Any chance Tolking get sold? 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

Any chance Tolking get sold? 

Tolkiennn, probably not. Im guessing they are looking for their Gutman compliment, although Im not sure Conrado has ever played CB like Gutman did from time to time last season.

Pendant isnt getting any minutes barr an emergency.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Of all the people to criticize that sort of  thing....   half your posts are barely decipherable

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Tolekyn is really great with the fans. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Of all the people to criticize that sort of  thing....   half your posts are barely decipherable

what are you talking about that is very judgmental it's only a message board. who cares

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

I wish Tolkin had a magic ring that he could slip on, disappear, and then reappear in another area of the field.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Not checking stats, I recall him being MUCH more aggressive going forward last year.     Seems like that youthful fearlessness had  maybe been coached out of him.   

Agreed I think it was coached out of him. Tolkin though is a solid athlete not a great one and that too may be why he hesitates sometimes. Knowing Strubers priority is the defensive work

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
Am I the only one who doesn't remember Tolkin doing much attacking last year either? Gutman was the only one to actually make runs to the endline, my impression of Tolkin has always been that's he's hesitant to venture much further than midfield. I think he's actually been MORE aggressive this year, going on more dribbles and at least reaching the edge of the box at times.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I always thought he was aggressive getting forward. He is not as aggressive as gutman or taxi in pumping the ball into the box. He does look to create his own shot and looks to connect more with the offensive midfielder

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Am I the only one who doesn't remember Tolkin doing much attacking last year either? Gutman was the only one to actually make runs to the endline, my impression of Tolkin has always been that's he's hesitant to venture much further than midfield. I think he's actually been MORE aggressive this year, going on more dribbles and at least reaching the edge of the box at times.

Im not sure Tolkin has been less aggressive going forward this year either. I just think hes been worse at it. I dont think his passing/crossing has been as accurate in the attacking third compared to last year.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
He plays safe, which is understandable for a young player.

When they play with wingbacks and have 3 CBs covering behind they may want someone who is going to take a few more risks and be involved in the attack.

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
This year Tolkin has been doing more backward passes than last. Aside feom that, he stays out wide to allow for an inside channel run by Omir

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users