Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

When Miller comes back from the World Cup/injury, I would like to see what Oyongo can do on the wing (free from full defensive responsibilities). He has a ton of creativity and knows how to hit a good cross. If paired with Miller, the two of them would be terrifying for opposing defenses and take pressure off of Lloyd Sam to create most of the chances on the right side of the field.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
Read my mind (see the Houston game thread).

We need creativity wherever we can find it. That's two beautiful assists in two appearances. Meanwhile Alexander/Steele/Convey create a chance once every 5-6 games (I'm feeling generous).

Miller/Oyongo on left Duvall/Sam on right...that's a lot of pace and creativity out wide.

Thierry's Bald Spot

Thierry's Bald Spot

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
Yes he can IMO. Do it Mike!

LongLiveTheBeautifulGame

LongLiveTheBeautifulGame

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Arsenal, USMNT, & the 4-2-3-1

Yeah, snap call having him play LM. He is a real joy to watch.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

https://twitter.com/...153506076651520

Here's Ambroise Oyongo's slick sideline move to set up @TheRealBWP 14th goal of the year #RBNY

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Haven't seen a RB torch a player like that since Pearce broke Korb's ankles in a similar spot a few year's back.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Thierry's Bald Spot

Thierry's Bald Spot

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Haven't seen a RB torch a player like that since Pearce broke Korb's ankles in a similar spot a few year's back.

Sam has made a few LBs dance this season

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Titi has certainly made  defenders look silly on a few occassions

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Sam and Titi have both definitely blown past their share of defenders, but I'm talking about really, truly embarrassing them.  Making them spin in circles, lose their balance, or flat-out fall on their ass. 

Frieslander

Frieslander

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Supports:Metro

MLS uses that replay in their videos occasionally.  The big difference for me is that Pearce's control of the ball on his final ankle breaking cut was actually pretty poor.  Oyongo's control is far superior and to finish it with a perfect cross?  fugetaboutit.

Soy de Metro.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

It does seem to be the obvious move, but its a shame he and Miller don't have much opportunityto work on the overlapping run timing.    That sort of stuff really does improve greatly when players have had time to work together.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

I would have loved to hear the grief Korb got from his teammates after being spun around like that.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Mike Petke said Roy Miller was the best left back in #MLS going into World Cup, can’t see him losing starting gig #RBNY

But Petke likes the way Oyongo has played & cant see sitting him for the next 18 games. #RBNY will duscuss trying one or both at left mid.

Orrrrrrr you could rotate them.  Come on Petke, you're smarter than this.  There's no need to play a guy out of position just to get him on the field.  Give Oyongo a spot start every so often, give him gametime ahead of CCL matches.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

If Oyongo is better at left mid than Steele, Convey, or Alexander then it's perfectly good reason to play him there. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users