Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Chicago have 6 players who make more than Dax. 

SIX. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Chicago have 6 players who make more than Dax. 

SIX. 

Kudos to them, but we're not that far off.

BWP and Sacha make more. Veron = same as Dax (500). Royer/Collin = 50k less.

Gulbrandsen = 360k prorated.

More spending would be nice, sure, but the bigger problem right now is all of these guys aren't even performing to their price tags (maybe except BWP), not that RB is being cheap.

Bob the MetroStars12thman

Bob the MetroStars12thman

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USA, Allez les Bleus, Jets

This will never happen of course given these owners and the Blue dipshits are much more likely to snag him but I can dream.

Screen%20Shot%202017-06-16%20at%208.48.3

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

saw this guy mentioned on a tweet related to MLS but not NYRB.

anyone have thoughts on this

https://www.transfer.../spieler/122421

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Well I've seen him probably 20 times. Played with the u21 Dutch team at euro 2013 they lost in the semis to Italy and he played in every match.

He was hyped as being an elite attacking player after the tournament but didn't kick on at psv.

He's quick like Royer but not a flying winger kinda like grella but probably better at everything minus in the air and defending.

Not sure if he'd fit in jesses press but without a doubt a huge offensive improvement from muyl.

All in all I'd say yes, could come here and gain confidence and then get back in with the a big team in holland but a player like him will probably just move back to holland or Spain, mls would just get him further from the national team.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Sounds interesting. Would like to see that kid as a trailist.

But again I'm gonna push for Andrés Ibargüen and Jeison Lucumi as wingers in fact now that I mention it I'd even add Marlos Moreno to the fold as he's probably looking for somewhere to go on loan

And also Macnelly Torres ir Alejandro Guerra and Alejandro Chumacero from The Strongest.

Needs are wingers...

1.Marlos Moreno
2 Andrés Ibargüen
3.Jeison Lucumi

CAM
1 Macnelly Torres
2 Alejandro Guerra

CM
Alejandro Chumacero

Also... Camilo Zuñiga may be released from his contract, he can play as a winger in the MLS, his vision, passing and dribble is better than some CAMs in this league.
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Kudos to them, but we're not that far off.

BWP and Sacha make more. Veron = same as Dax (500). Royer/Collin = 50k less.

Gulbrandsen = 360k prorated.

More spending would be nice, sure, but the bigger problem right now is all of these guys aren't even performing to their price tags (maybe except BWP), not that RB is being cheap.

PigClimber 5.4m

Nicolic 1.7m-1.9m

Accam 750-820

Juninho 700-710

Kapelhof 530-570

DeLeeuw 500-564

Dax 400-500

It's just better than ours. BWP is Nicolic's. SK is Juninho's. Veron is Kapelof's. Collin is Dax's. Royer is DeLeeuw's. Our next best paid players, but who make less, are Robles Felipe and Baah. Chicago has a TAM lvl player and a DP who gets a BWP-like salary, in addition to 2 more guys who make around the same as Baah. 

They just constructed their roster with a lot of guys (some old) who are compensated and have to deliver. Lots of higher end TAM guys than us with 2 guys with salaries in the stratosphere. If we get 1 guy who is more like Murillo (steady), it'll be a struggle the rest of the season, we need a TAM lvl guy, a significant contributor to start opposite of Royer. Let Royer be the industrious pest-like player, and get the other guy to be the difference maker 1v1 like Sam used to. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

PigClimber 5.4m
Nicolic 1.7m-1.9m
Accam 750-820
Juninho 700-710
Kapelhof 530-570
DeLeeuw 500-564
Dax 400-500

It's just better than ours. BWP is Nicolic's. SK is Juninho's. Veron is Kapelof's. Collin is Dax's. Royer is DeLeeuw's. Our next best paid players, but who make less, are Robles Felipe and Baah. Chicago has a TAM lvl player and a DP who gets a BWP-like salary, in addition to 2 more guys who make around the same as Baah. 

They just constructed their roster with a lot of guys (some old) who are compensated and have to deliver. Lots of higher end TAM guys than us with 2 guys with salaries in the stratosphere. If we get 1 guy who is more like Murillo (steady), it'll be a struggle the rest of the season, we need a TAM lvl guy, a significant contributor to start opposite of Royer. Let Royer be the industrious pest-like player, and get the other guy to be the difference maker 1v1 like Sam used to. 

I agree with you the last part.. Truly feel like adding someone on the left opposite Royer would be a huge difference maker.

Ie why I'm pushing so hard for say Andrés Ibargüen. Or maybe Marlos Moreno
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

PigClimber 5.4m
Nicolic 1.7m-1.9m
Accam 750-820
Juninho 700-710
Kapelhof 530-570
DeLeeuw 500-564
Dax 400-500

I'm not disagreeing that they are paying significantly more, largely because of having a high-end WC winner which would be nice, and are currently better than us. Just saying that if Sacha is at his level from last year and Royer/Veron/Collin actualy contribute consistently like 500k players and not like 100-150k replacement level guys (or worse), we'd probably have Chicago's record even at the current payroll. Obviously big ifs and hasn't happened this year.

Hoping we can sign 1-2 difference makers and guys play as well as we know they can. Otherwise it will be a long, possibly playoff-less season.

Olesh

Olesh

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars Black

Looks like Dilly Duka may be available on the cheap after starting a Twitter war against his coach.

https://www.massiver...w-sc-on-twitter

Probably doesn't have the work rate (or attitude) for Marsch's system, but for the right price (a bag of balls), wouldn't be the worst thing to bring in some new blood to shake up the stale attack. Plus always nice to have more local guys on the team.

Haha, who am I kidding? He'll probably end up on the Ben Olsen island of MLS misfit toys.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Looks like Dilly Duka may be available on the cheap after starting a Twitter war against his coach.

https://www.massiver...w-sc-on-twitter

Probably doesn't have the work rate (or attitude) for Marsch's system, but for the right price (a bag of balls), wouldn't be the worst thing to bring in some new blood to shake up the stale attack. Plus always nice to have more local guys on the team.

Haha, who am I kidding? He'll probably end up on the Ben Olsen island of MLS misfit toys.

If Red Bull keeps the purse strings tight, like I am sure they will, Duka could be the CAM we need for the remainder of the season.

Considering he is 4th or 5th on the depth chart with the Crew, we could probably get him for a late draft pick and hopefully play out like Collin did.

Wouldnt be opposed to it and Duka would come full circle back to the team who wanted him and he wanted to be with but since he spent a season with Newark Express, MLS said his eligibility for HGP status was denied and he went into the draft.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

If Red Bull keeps the purse strings tight, like I am sure they will, Duka could be the CAM we need for the remainder of the season.

Considering he is 4th or 5th on the depth chart with the Crew, we could probably get him for a late draft pick and hopefully play out like Collin did.

Wouldnt be opposed to it and Duka would come full circle back to the team who wanted him and he wanted to be with but since he spent a season with Newark Express, MLS said his eligibility for HGP status was denied and he went into the draft.

Nothing against Duka, but is he better than Davis? Or Etienne? I'd rather hand the keys to one of those guys.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Nothing against Duka, but is he better than Davis? Or Etienne? I'd rather hand the keys to one of those guys.

More attack-minded and skilled than Davis, more developed than Etienne, but I'm not sure he's enough of either of those things to warrant signing him. Even as a band-aid for our attacking mid spot, this would be a pretty weak one.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Joao plata? Its been reported that mex teams have been taking a look at him.

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

The team has given up 12 goals on set pieces. Our set piece offense is non-existant. The biggest dropoff from last year is in this part of our game. How do I explain it? No idea. But Dilly Duka or Jao Plata will not solve either of those matters. What about this guy to pair with Long (or in the midfield if we want): 

http://www.transferm...l/spieler/49734

He's pretty mobile. He is a decent passer, so we will finally have someone from the back to be able to distribute. He's ok in the air so he'll be a target. From what I remember he's a pretty firey character. He's on a free. Obviously he's coming off an injury, but it could be an interesting player to look at. I just don't know how bad that injury is. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users