Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

https://twitter.com/...116292393639936

25tdjs8.png

Seriously, what a piece of shit. 

Is anyone surprised, or does anyone fail to understand how this hurts us when we try to sign other players?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC

So Montreal got a shit ton of allocation money, Alexander, and international slot for Felipe and allocation.

MLS: The only league where you can ship players around like cattle.

PitchOnEStreet

PitchOnEStreet

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY -- USMNT

So Montreal got a shit ton of allocation money, Alexander, and international slot for Felipe and allocation.

To be fair, it's also the only American sports league where there are many other options as far as leagues go. You don't see young guys traded in MLB having to be worried about turning down offers from the Mexican League.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Oyongo's contract was with MLS not with the Red Bulls.  He should know how this system works.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

I think players strike, over the CBA or just being treated like shit, is the best thing that could happen to rbny/MLS at this moment from my perspective.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

We sure that it wasn't Rox + Petke who had him in their plans?

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

They should not have been dishonest with him- if they were, I don't know- but this is sports & happens all the time. I'm not defending them, but, dudes in baseball get traded & freak out about it. Guys on the Yankees get shipped off to a last place team, they don't love it either.

Was it Roxy that said "You're in our plans" and then Curtis dealt him, or, was it Curtis who said "You're in our plans" and dealt him 10 minutes later? Big difference. 

jj____

jj____

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, FFC

Is Mitchell Tierny reputable?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Oyongo's contract was with MLS not with the Red Bulls.  He should know how this system works.

That has nothing to do with anything.  This is 100% an Ali Cuntis deal.  Nice way to start building your reputation with the players and agents, asshole.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

MLS didn't trade his ass after RB signed him two weeks ago. He was the player I was most excited to see progress next season.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

They should not have been dishonest with him- if they were, I don't know- but this is sports & happens all the time. I'm not defending them, but, dudes in baseball get traded & freak out about it. Guys on the Yankees get shipped off to a last place team, they don't love it either.

Was it Roxy that said "You're in our plans" and then Curtis dealt him, or, was it Curtis who said "You're in our plans" and dealt him 10 minutes later? Big difference. 

It was Cuntis who signed him off the loan.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro
No to defend Ali here, because I'm not, be should be upfront with players.

But you do hear stuff like this a lot from international players who get traded in this league. It's a system they don't understand and one they're definitely not used to.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Wow we got fucked.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

That's besides the point.

- Oyongo was property of Coton Sport FC

- Oyongo had multiple suitors around the world

- RBNY promised him that he was specifically in RBNY's plans

- Oyongo foregoes other offers to sign with RBNY (MLS technically, but RBNY effectively and purposefully)

- Oyongo gets traded like a week later

If you can't see how this is different than RBNY having traded Eric Alexander idk what to tell you. Even if you want to defend it with the technicalities and such of how MLS' system works... why the FUCK would anyone sign with this team in the future? If you're an international player, on what basis would you trust Ali Curtis' word that you're in his plans and not a commodity he's happy to move within a week's time because of the inner mechanisms within MLS that make it TECHNICALLY possible?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users