MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

What the hell does Thelwell do?

Throw Garber bucks at some MLS defender?

Buy the best defender in the USL? (Hey, it worked out with Taylor Graham... oh wait.)

Go overseas?

Stand pat and watch the season go up in flames?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
How much does Parker cost?

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

What the hell does Thelwell do?

Throw Garber bucks at some MLS defender?

Buy the best defender in the USL? (Hey, it worked out with Taylor Graham... oh wait.)

Go overseas?

Stand pat and watch the season go up in flames?

Well, we tried Reyes tonight. Talented, but he's too immature. I wouldn't trust him in that spot again any time soon. The good news? There are lots of FA defenders out there looking for a place on the roster for a song. Let's hope Mr. Thelwell can reach out and find someone that can plug a very big hole.

However, my main concern is with the midfield. For the SECOND STRAIGHT MATCH, we see an exceptional player tear the Metro midfield apart with one or two touches.  To me, THAT should be the bigger concern.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Well, we tried Reyes tonight. Talented, but he's too immature. I wouldn't trust him in that spot again any time soon. The good news? There are lots of FA defenders out there looking for a place on the roster for a song. Let's hope Mr. Thelwell can reach out and find someone that can plug a very big hole.

However, my main concern is with the midfield. For the SECOND STRAIGHT MATCH, we see an exceptional player tear the Metro midfield apart with one or two touches.  To me, THAT should be the bigger concern.

Because we have ZERO exceptional players.

Just a bunch of fucking children.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
Money has to be spent here, whether it's GarberBucks in MLS or actual money elsewhere. Can't just play 85% of your season without a single experienced CB, especially when it looks unlikely any of our cavalry of young guys are ready to hit that next level right now.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Yeah expectations have to be tempered because you dont really replace Aaron Long, but something needs to be done

Alvarado checks a lot of boxes, domestic, was a captain for Necaxa in the past, and has played at a high level

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Full time position change for Sean Davis? 

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
Im not tempering anything. They got themselves into this mess by having one MLS worthy starting CB and they can get themselves out of it. Its on them. Full stop.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Im not tempering anything.

Do you ever?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Yeah expectations have to be tempered

No.

Go do what you need to do to win MLS Cup. If that means going out and getting TWO stud CBs then do it. Love loan deals? Fine. Bring in two hired guns to un-fuck this situation in the short term.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

They got themselves into this mess by having one MLS worthy starting CB and they can get themselves out of it. Its on them. Full stop.

Was out and about during the game, but were there "Trust The Process" type of responses after this loss? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
I didnt see the game and this is really the only place I bother to check, so I have no clue of other peoples idiocy

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Using meaningful assets to plug a hole doesn't appeal to me. This isn't a contender. If you can pick up a Stephen-Keel type cheap? Fine. Otherwise they need to find a young CB to really invest in because they believe in him long-term. They needed this even if Long wasn't hurt. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
I dont think they need another young CB, at least not Reyes young, someone 25-28 who can anchor the back line for a while and isnt using MLS as a springboard to somewhere else

Yes the team is designed to be young, but they just lost one of their best players and key leaders

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Our team is a bunch of developmental young guys that we will move once they start to reach their potential. Can’t win a championship with this type of roster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users