• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Bobby Warshaw thinks it is Sean Davis for NYRB as a ball winning 6.  We all think that is rightly CCJs role which he has done well.  

https://www.mlssocce...s-who-have-step

As far as players I think it is Michael Murillo and the rest of the D.  D won't be back to 2018 level of performance without Tyler as CDM covering but the D could really stand to step up in a big way.  As Robles and Kemar have said need to start playing with agression and attitude.    

Also our poor pass completion percentage which is still at ~65%.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Does it matter? Armas for some reason doesn't like CCJ and the team is too cheap to sign players.

Davis is being allowed to suck with no consequences.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Does it matter? Armas for some reason doesn't like CCJ and the team is too cheap to sign players.

Davis is being allowed to suck with no consequences.

CCJ has played increasing # of games this year and was only absent when healthy.  come on stop trolling.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I don't think Davis suddenly started to suck, and I also don't think he was only good because he had Adams next to him.  Before Tyler was Tyler, Sean was good.    I think its more about the identity and roles of  the entire midfield being so muddy and inconsistent.   Rza is a very different player than Adams, so Davis needs to be different, too, but what that "different" looks like has never been sorted, and that's on Armas.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
CCJ. is already enough at dmid. If Armas had played him more earlier wed be even better. Oh well.

Murillo and insert right winger here need to perform better.

Or heres an idea: SIGN SOME PLAYERS

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

CCJ ... was only absent when healthy.

Wha?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
deleted

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Well Bobby we may be in trouble. If Davis hasn't broken out in that role after about two years of having a chance, I'm not sure where it'd come from now. He's a very good player, just isn't a ball hawk. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

.... Adams Davis was good.  Sorry.

Wha?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

I'd like to see more from Davis offensively. When's the last time he scored a goal or played a chance-creating pass?

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

earlier in his career he scored more. 

and also that Chelsea friendly...lol 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Exactly! The word on him was that he had a hard distance shot and a nose for goal. Had that nifty goal vs. LA when filling in for Dax... I'm probably not alone in thinking his game would be farther along by now.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I'd like to see more from Davis offensively. When's the last time he scored a goal or played a chance-creating pass?

He has a good shoulder drop move as well. Has only busted it once or twice in his career, admittedly.

Not at all sure why he's not getting into more advanced positions and trying shots or advanced passes at least occasionally. I get safety first but never seems a bit too safe of an approach.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

This is the last Davis goal that sticks out in my mind. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=doXXT9I1Guo

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

He has a good shoulder drop move as well. Has only busted it once or twice in his career, admittedly.

Not at all sure why he's not getting into more advanced positions and trying shots or advanced passes at least occasionally. I get safety first but never seems a bit too safe of an approach.

I think that it's just a function of the role that he's been asked to play, especially this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users