• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

with respect to cooper, he was never my type of player. him being disgruntled at FCD, him failing at Oldham AFC, etc.

when he came back to MLS, I thought he wouldn't do much, and i was sorta proven right.

glad though that he's here and keeping us in the fight and doing that quite well, i might add.

So far, he seems to like his role. Nobody is asking him to do anything outside of his skill set.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

So far, he seems to like his role. Nobody is asking him to do anything outside of his skill set.

lots of decent talent around him where he doesn't have to feel like he has to be Superman every match. that's already someone else's job.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
Conde was always a genius move as long as he stays healthy; we haven't had a CB of his quality since Pope left. He's an upgrade over Ream & he was the 1 thing we needed most this off-season: ballsy defending.

Cooper's an MLS regular; the kind of guy we call shit on other teams but, like Connor Casey, ends up with a title when we do not. He's good depth, fills a role, can't hate on the pickup. On these, Soler/Backe did the best they've done since Lindpere, I think.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Yikes. The 411 on Ives is that he was born and raised in Jersey (i believe he lives in Hoboken/Jersey City or somehwere around there but definitely in that area). Became a Metrostar/RB beat reporter for local newspapers. Realized he could be the first to start an all MLS blog on the internets and thus formed Soccer By Ives. Everyone on there bashed him for being a Red Bull fan boy. Claudio Reyna retired/JCO resigned (his BFF's), so he felt he had a bone to pick with the organization and ever since then he's trying to get away from the label of a RB fan boy. Metrostars made Ives who is today. Without OUR team he would be nowhere.

Want a few minutes of fun? Randomly call him out on Twitter. He will make it a point to stop whatever he's doing, get in a fight with you bc u called him a RB fan boy, you'll win, and then he'll say that since you have like 3 followers you're not worth his time. Good stuff!

Nice!!! Good tip! Had no idea that this is where all of his hate came from. I remember flaming him a few times back in the day. I'll give that a shot when I'm in the mood.

Thanks for the 411! :cheers:

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

guitarguru44

guitarguru44

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls, USMNT
Some of the smartest Red Bull fans even said things such as this.

Kenny Cooper is a phenomenal player. I am very happy to hear this news. He has the potential to be our all time leading goal scorer.

Of course, they were mocked.

I'll take my gold star sticker now please.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Don't get carried away here. Everyone loved Pietravallo after his first 2 or 3 games here and look how that turned out.

BrooklynFC

BrooklynFC

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Supports:RedBull NY

You sir get a Posted Image.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
It was funny how some of the more respected soccer writers were saying rb got ripped off in the cooper trade. Cooper isnt trash folks. He's always been a solid mls player but now im appreciating his soccer brain as well. Im so happy he's with us

5 year plan

BrooklynFC

BrooklynFC

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Supports:RedBull NY

It was funny how some of the more respected soccer writers were saying rb got ripped off in the cooper trade. Cooper isnt trash folks. He's always been a solid mls player but now im appreciating his soccer brain as well. Im so happy he's with us

Same here, Coop can give you 12-15 goals per season with out even trying.... and he might be closer to 20 this year... I think the scoring this year wont be so even after Henry, Coop and Henry are gonna get the majority of them because of their great runs into the box.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
Great start for Cooper so far. He had 8 goals last year for Portland and he has 4 already.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
Eat shit, "pundits".
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Eat shit, "pundits".

:cheers:

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Cooper is the shit

JerseyTexan

JerseyTexan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts
How crazy is it that the Henry-Cooper and Henry-Rodgers combo is/was 5x deadlier than the then dream-tandem of Henry-Angel? Sometimes you just can't pick 'em.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

How crazy is it that the Henry-Cooper and Henry-Rodgers combo is/was 5x deadlier than the then dream-tandem of Henry-Angel? Sometimes you just can't pick 'em.

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users