105 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

The PDL website has officially named the "New York" team as the New York Red Bulls U23s. They have their first game this Friday vs. FA Euro at St. Johns at 8pm (considered away game) and then play at the Red Bull Training Facility in Hanover on Sunday at 7pm vs. DC United Young Scum. The schedule is available at uslpdl.com for anyone interested.

Doesn't appear as if many other details have been released yet.

I believe Simon Nee is still the coach.

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Elder Statesman

Elder Statesman

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Anyone have the roster for the U23 team?  The hardworking people at the Red Bull website have the roster for the 2013 team.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

Anyone have the roster for the U23 team?  The hardworking people at the Red Bull website have the roster for the 2013 team.

Hasn't yet been announced. My educated guesses:

Adam Slater, Kaz Boschen, Joseph Swenson, Donald Carpenter, Alex Muyl, Arun Basuljevic, Ethan Decker, Erik Sa, Adam Najem, Evans St.John, Mason Asher, Vincent Brunetti, Kerlins Georges, Joe Ohaus, Jhon Estama, Kevin Politz, Steven Echevarria, Anthony Viteri, Bryan Gallego, Derrick Etienne, Marcello Borges, Ethan Lochner, Juan Sebastian Sanchez, and Kyle Zajec.

I'm sure some others from the U18s will also make the jump. Always tough to tell with players in college and leaving for college and what their college coaches agree to.

@CurseofCaricola

Elder Statesman

Elder Statesman

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Wonder what Najem and Brandon Allen will do?  Last year they played on other teams to keep their options open not to be forced into a homegrown contract.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

Adam Slater, Kaz Boschen, Joseph Swenson, Donald Carpenter, Alex Muyl, Arun Basuljevic, Ethan Decker, Erik Sa, Adam Najem, Evans St.John, Mason Asher, Vincent Brunetti, Kerlins Georges, Joe Ohaus, Jhon Estama, Kevin Politz, Steven Echevarria, Anthony Viteri, Bryan Gallego, Derrick Etienne, Marcello Borges, Ethan Lochner, Juan Sebastian Sanchez, and Kyle Zajec.

Final Roster:

GK - Evan Louro, Michael Lansing, Joseph Ohaus

DEF - Joe Farrell, Antonio Matarazzo, Kevin Politz, Timothy Schmoll, Billy Stevens, Scott Thomsen, Rhys Williams

MID - Arun Basuljevic, Mael Corboz, Steven Echevarria, Michael Innocenzi, Chris Lema, Sean Sheridan, Chris Thorsheim, Brian White

FWD - Kevin Correa, Ethan Decker, Zach Knudson, Alex Muyl, Jared Stroud, Alex Tejera

Most of these guys have been in our system for a while. New faces are: Timothy Schmoll (played with NY Athletic Club in the PDL last year and going to be a senior at Harvard), Brian White (prospect for Philly Union and plays at Duke- good steal for us), Zach Knudson (local kid from Oakland, NJ played with PDA and at NC State), and Jared Stroud (another from PDA - played at Colgate)

@CurseofCaricola

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

Most of these guys have been in our system for a while. New faces are: Timothy Schmoll (played with NY Athletic Club in the PDL last year and going to be a senior at Harvard), Brian White (prospect for Philly Union and plays at Duke- good steal for us), Zach Knudson (local kid from Oakland, NJ played with PDA and at NC State), and Jared Stroud (another from PDA - played at Colgate)

Really wish U23s actually tied us to the rights of these players.

Allen is playing with Clarkstown (NY) in the NPSL. Najem is playing with Michigan Bucks in the PDL. Ugh.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

I recall hearing a story about how Adam Najem wanted to distance himself from the Red Bulls because of how his brother was treated here (David Najem). IIRC, apparently David was told he could have a contract (HGP?) while at school at Columbia but when he was looking overseas, Red Bull pulled it. Adam then distanced himself from the club too.

Brandon Allen is the one that bugs me, because he is playing the Dan Metzger card. Cutting ties to get a better contract. Look how that worked out for Dan Metzger, who was cut by DC within a couple months and now is struggling with our USL side.

@CurseofCaricola

Elder Statesman

Elder Statesman

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Brandon Allen is the one that bugs me, because he is playing the Dan Metzger card. Cutting ties to get a better contract. Look how that worked out for Dan Metzger, who was cut by DC within a couple months and now is struggling with our USL side.

Brandon Allen is a much better player/prospect than Metzger.  Allen is worth more than 40k per year.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

...Look how that worked out for Dan Metzger, who was cut by DC within a couple months and now is struggling with our USL side.

And if Mezger didn't give it a shot elsewhere, would he not still be struggling with our USL side?  

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

RedBullScouse

You are right, he'd still be struggling, but he'd be making more money. I'd have to think that a MLS HGP contract (that he apparently turned down) is worth more than a RBNYII USL contract. Although, I do know there are guys in the USL making more than they did in MLS.

@CurseofCaricola

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

David Najem wasn't/isn't even that good. Adam needs to chill. Adam couldn't catch on in Sweden last summer. David is playing in 5th division Germany or whatever.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

Elder Statesman

Elder Statesman

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

David Najem wasn't/isn't even that good. Adam needs to chill. Adam couldn't catch on in Sweden last summer. David is playing in 5th division Germany or whatever.

Valid point.  Adam Najem was fourth is the nation in scoring last year as a Sophomore.  He should have signed a homegrown contract with Red Bull already and challenge himself at the next level.  Very few people in the world get a professional contract in sports.  If you have the opportunity you need to take it and not expect the team to hjre your whole family.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Allen could have been a back up option right now To bwp.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

Just realized that Brandon Allen's teammate at Clarkstown in the NPSL is none other than Abbe Ibrahim...

@CurseofCaricola

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

http://www.onceametr...lls-u23s-roster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users