19 replies to this topic

#1 Moemar

Moemar

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:54 PM

It's race weekend already and there's no thread yet. My boy Rosberg's back in his place at the top of the practice times. Here's hoping he finally translates that to some success on race day.

Mar 14 Bahrain, Sakhir
Mar 28 Australia, Melbourne
Apr 04 Malaysia, Kuala Lumpar
Apr 18 China, Shanghai
May 09 Spain, Catalunya
May 16 Monaco, Monte Carlo
May 30 Turkey, Istanbul
Jun 13 Canada, Montreal
Jun 27 Europe, Valencia
Jul 11 Britain, Silverstone
Jul 25 Germany, Hockenheim
Aug 01 Hungary, Budapest
Aug 29 Belgium, Spa-Francorchamps
Sep 12 Italy, Monza
Sep 26 Singapore, Singapore
Oct 10 Japan, Suzuka
Oct 24 Korea, Yeongam
Nov 07 Brazil, Sao Paulo
Nov 14 Abu Dhabi, Yas Marina Circuit

#2 ramsessalmeron

ramsessalmeron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:20 AM

Ive kinda lost interest since they changed the rules and i lost the speed channel.

#3 prrnrngr

prrnrngr

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
  • Interests:The LA galaxy, The Sox, The DC5
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Boston Red Sox

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:48 PM

Anyone gone to an F1 race? I always want to go to Montreal, but wonder if its worth the hundreds of dollars per ticket.

#4 dirtyboy

dirtyboy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:38 PM

Anyone gone to an F1 race? I always want to go to Montreal, but wonder if its worth the hundreds of dollars per ticket.

I've been to many F1 races. Personally, I find a Grand Prix weekend to be one of the funnest things to do.

I remember camping outside Indianapolis Motor Speedway when there were qualifying to race engine changes. Some mechanics finished at around 1AM and they fired up the car. It was a beautiful sound half a mile away.

Its not cheep, but hearing a F1 engine screaming in person is a sound you'll never forget. Montreal is cheaper than an European race. I've also hear from many people that it is a great party there.

I'm still hoping to go to Spa in a couple years time. I could have went when I was staying in France, but couldn't find an easy place to stay. I guess I'm getting old.

#5 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:54 PM

I agree. F1 races are a lot of fun. I've only been to the USGP (@ Indy) recently (did Long Beach GP many times as a kid with my dad), but it is a big time party. I'd love to do an European race, I'm sure Spa would be nuts, but I think my financial situation will prevent me from doing any races for a few years.

Watched the opening race. Mixed feelings - I was happy that Ferrari finished 1-2, but I dislike Alonso. I was hoping that Massa would win it. New rules suck - taking away refueling removes a bunch of race strategy. I used to enjoy guessing what type of fuel load the drivers were going to run and teams would always try to out guess each other. It was a piece of the race that was extremely interesting - watching race strategies unfold was something to watch.

It's difficult to figure out who all of these new drivers and teams are. I kept asking myself as coverage would switch who is that? What team is that? I was very glad to see Massa do so well considering the horrific accident from last year. However, I've found myself less interested in F1. I can't decide if it is because of rule changes, driver movement, or the scandals of last year.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#6 Moemar

Moemar

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:10 PM

I wanted to give it a chance, but that race may have been the most boring race I've ever seen. With most cars doing one stop early on, it pretty much boiled down to waiting for mechanical problems to happen.

There's still a chance I might go to Silverstone or Hockenheim this year though. Even though the race might be boring, it might still be worth it for the experience.

#7 dirtyboy

dirtyboy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:02 PM

I wanted to give it a chance, but that race may have been the most boring race I've ever seen. With most cars doing one stop early on, it pretty much boiled down to waiting for mechanical problems to happen.

There's still a chance I might go to Silverstone or Hockenheim this year though. Even though the race might be boring, it might still be worth it for the experience.

Hockenheim has been neutered. I'd take Silverstone, as it still has a decent corner or two. However, if I was staying in Europe it would be Spa or Monza. Bernie Ecclestone has destroyed all that once was good.

#8 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:09 PM

Teams already asking for rule changes

Forcing a 2nd stop? Nah, just bring back refueling and make it a secret. Let them qualify (in q3) with whatever fuel load they plan on running for the race, but don't publish it.

#9 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

Austin F1 race in 2012

DB will have to give us a list of the best bars to go to.

#10 dirtyboy

dirtyboy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

Austin F1 race in 2012

DB will have to give us a list of the best bars to go to.

Wow. That's shocking. I've been too busy to watch recently and haven't been keeping up with news. I can't wait to see the course. Building a brand new F1 track = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

#11 cesar

cesar

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

Austin? there is nothing to do there!

sucks that LA or a big city somewhere here in the States doesnt step up and create a street course.

#12 dirtyboy

dirtyboy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:12 PM

sucks that LA or a big city somewhere here in the States doesnt step up and create a street course.

Its already impossible to pass in F1. Monaco should be the only street course. Build a true course with fast corners and a long straight.

#13 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:30 PM

i know it will never happen, but i would love for LA to host a F1 event. in my fantasy, freeways and streets would be used as the course. the 10 west to the 110 north. exit somewhere in downtown and drive down Figueroa and connect back to the 10 west.

#14 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:08 PM

You mean like Long Beach did for their first decade.

Once it went Indy I become a very casual racing fan. Kinda the same way I got turned off from the NFL without a team here. I just was getting into my partying years when Indy took over. That sucked.

#15 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:28 PM

Yes, you too can get a hat (or shirt) that supports US F1. Oh wait...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users