300 replies to this topic

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Would like to win still. Amazingly, we're in contention for the SS. A win would actually put us 2nd in the league and only 5 points behind TFC. Which, can you even believe that could be true?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

--------------------------------------------------BWP------------------------------------------------

----------------Royer-------------------------Sacha----------------------------Keita------------

----------------Taxi----------------------------Felipe---------------------------Murillo------------

----------------Long---------------------------Collin--------------------------Escobar-----------

-------------------------------------------------Robles-----------------------------------------------

Bench:

Meara

[Perrinelle] Zizzo [Lade] 

DavisAdamsMuylEtienne

Veron

The rest:

Louro

Ndam

Metzger Basuljevic

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

It's the 9th if Miami wins and the 15th if Cincinnati wins.

http://www.ussoccer....-cup-semifinals

Go Cincy!!! Then we will avenge Harambe once again!!!
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
We hate boy city
And all of their people
The Third Rail are posers
They sing for the TV
Their bullpen stays quiet
Whenever they're losing
Those jailbirds are no threat
They're led by some convicts
Sos cagon boy city
Sos cagon boy city!!!
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

--------------------------------------------------BWP------------------------------------------------
----------------Royer-------------------------Sacha----------------------------Keita------------
----------------Taxi----------------------------Felipe---------------------------Murillo------------
----------------Long---------------------------Collin--------------------------Escobar-----------
-------------------------------------------------Robles-----------------------------------------------

Bench:
Meara
[Perrinelle] Zizzo [Lade] 
DavisAdamsMuylEtienne
Veron

The rest:
Louro
Ndam
Metzger Basuljevic

There's gold in them thar hills...

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Personally I would be ok if BWP, Sacha and Royer were rested for the Open Cup semi-final. Start Veron up top and see what he can do for 70 minutes. I know we hate the smurfs but would love to get into the Open Cup final.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Would like to win still. Amazingly, we're in contention for the SS. A win would actually put us 2nd in the league and only 5 points behind TFC. Which, can you even believe that could be true?

This is eerily reminiscent of last year, when we started 1-6 and ended up winning the East. Just speaks to the parity of MLS — no one is really that good. 

Despite our hiccups, if we win this game we'll be ahead of NYCFC with a game in hand. Never would have thought we'd be in this position, after our start to the year!

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts

This is eerily reminiscent of last year, when we started 1-6 and ended up winning the East. Just speaks to the parity of MLS — no one is really that good. 

Despite our hiccups, if we win this game we'll be ahead of NYCFC with a game in hand. Never would have thought we'd be in this position, after our start to the year!

Trifecta in play!

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I really blame the slow start this year and last year on Marsch wasting time with the 4-2-2-2.  Didn't fit BWP and didn't fit Sacha.  THey spend all of camp on it, then the first several games with it.  

This season was a little different in that just reverting back to the 4-2-3-1 wasn't the quick fix.  This season a switch to the current formation is what changed it all.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I really blame the slow start this year and last year on Marsch wasting time with the 4-2-2-2.  Didn't fit BWP and didn't fit Sacha.  THey spend all of camp on it, then the first several games with it.  

This season was a little different in that just reverting back to the 4-2-3-1 wasn't the quick fix.  This season a switch to the current formation is what changed it all.

last year's slow start yes, but for this year it was clear after our past playoff performances that Jesse need to figure out an alternative tactical setup for us to play.  I honestly think we could find a configuration/lineup of the 4-2-2-2 that works for Sacha and BWP but the biggest issue with it is that 4 of our 10 best field players are CMs, so we would have less depth.  4-2-2-2 relies a lot on wing backs and in the beginning of season at times we were playing Bilyeu and Zizzo lol, and Long was just starting his rookie year.

Nonetheless though, I couldn't care less about the slow starts as long as team figures it out by the fall.  I want the Cup, and will gladly lose games in March to find ways to better prepare them for November.  

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

last year's slow start yes, but for this year it was clear after our past playoff performances that Jesse need to figure out an alternative tactical setup for us to play.  I honestly think we could find a configuration/lineup of the 4-2-2-2 that works for Sacha and BWP but the biggest issue with it is that 4 of our 10 best field players are CMs, so we would have less depth.  4-2-2-2 relies a lot on wing backs and in the beginning of season at times we were playing Bilyeu and Zizzo lol, and Long was just starting his rookie year.

Nonetheless though, I couldn't care less about the slow starts as long as team figures it out by the fall.  I want the Cup, and will gladly lose games in March to find ways to better prepare them for November.  

Want the cup as well but I truly think that is more about just being hot at the right time...  Last two seasons was Portland and Seattle.  Portland had basically the same team last year and couldn't even make the playoffs.  The year they won they barely made the playoffs.  It wasn't like Seattle even made it easily last season either.

Just keep making the playoffs and trying to improve the team.  Eventually they'll win.   2 seasons ago we lost to C-Bus and they were playing better than we were.  Last season we lost to Montreal and I do think we were the better team.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

what sections will the RBNY fans be sitting in for this game? i want to get my tickets on stubhub today, but not sure what section to buy

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

what sections will the RBNY fans be sitting in for this game? i want to get my tickets on stubhub today, but not sure what section to buy

ESC still has tickets available for the match in our section. And even at the non member price it will still be cheaper than StubHub.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

ESC still has tickets available for the match in our section. And even at the non member price it will still be cheaper than StubHub.

i would need 2 - how much is the non member price? and how do i pick them up? are they sent electronically?

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts

i would need 2 - how much is the non member price? and how do i pick them up? are they sent electronically?

Previously had to pick them up at Legends. Made for a long day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users