#PutOutTheFire

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

We're back on track and we have El Capitan retuning home...let's get another win and really build some momentum by beating the Chicago Fire! I hear they're favorites for the World Cup so a win over them would be HUGE! 

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Chicago is not the same punching bag of the last few years. They've had some good home wins with Basti in the mix now. But loss at TFC in their last game and not the same team so far on the road. 

Stick with 4-2-3-1 obviously. Muyl is on a roll keep him in the lineup with Etienne off the bench. 

With Chicago's strength being Dax, Juninho, and Basti the center of the park will be key. Jesse will probably stick with Adams but who will be better equipped to deal with that - Adams or Davis?

I just don't want Davis to be lost in the shuffle. We're gonna need to rely on him a lot this season. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Part of me wants Dax to score to see how he reacts. Normal celebration? Take the high road and not celebrate? Stare down Jesse as he makes his way back to the center of the field?

3-2, good guys. Adams, Etienne and BWP find the net.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Think Dax wouldn't celebrate to respect the fans. Might stare Jesse down. Hopefully he kicks him straight in the dick. 

Tymatt

Tymatt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls/MetroStars

Same lineup, no 4-2-2-2, and a fourth clean sheet at rba with another three points in the east. also a reunion with dax :( ...............................

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Part of me wants Dax to score to see how he reacts. Normal celebration? Take the high road and not celebrate?

IMO, Dax deserves the same pre-game reception given JPA when he returned with Chivas: a banner marched around the entire pitch.
I would prefer that Dax not score. If he does, I hope he shows the same class as JPA did, and not celebrate.
http://www.metrofana...ory.jsp?ID=5987

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

#TEAMFELIPE 

Hope he gets PigClimber and Dax sent off for dissent/rough play. Play it up, Felipe. Play it up. 

It ain't broke, so let's take it to em.

----------------------------------------------------BWP-----------------------------------------------------

-Royer------------------------------------------Sacha---------------------------------------------Muyl-

---------------------------Adams--------------------------------------Felipe-----------------------------

-Taxi----------------------Long----------------------------------------Collin----------------------Lade-

--------------------------------------------------Robles----------------------------------------------------

Meara

Perrinelle

Zizzo

Davis

Etienne

Gulbrandsen

Veron

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Same lineup as last game

standing O for Dax. No way he celebrates but I wouldn't be surprised by a little head nod to Jesse if he did happen to score.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

#TEAMFELIPE 

Hope he gets PigClimber and Dax sent off for dissent/rough play. Play it up, Felipe. Play it up. 

It ain't broke, so let's take it to em.

----------------------------------------------------BWP-----------------------------------------------------

-Royer------------------------------------------Sacha---------------------------------------------Muyl-

---------------------------Adams--------------------------------------Felipe-----------------------------

-Taxi----------------------Long----------------------------------------Collin----------------------Lade-

--------------------------------------------------Robles----------------------------------------------------

Meara

Perrinelle

Zizzo

Davis

Etienne

Gulbrandsen

Veron

Chicago with a stronger core than Cowlumbus ( Dax and the German) so it will be a very different game.  I don't think we will see a minute of the 4222.  We will need Adams to be healthy or if not we will need Davis to be on his game.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Adams leaves after this game?

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Adams leaves after this game?

Listened to Dyer speak on MSG just now and he says that Jesse thinks Tyler is gone around the 14th of May.

Its in this video towards the starting at 1:45

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I do like how MSG supplements the team website with interviews, but only when they cover the game. 

I can imagine Felipe's at home doing the following for next wk's game:

What-is-a-Whetstone.gif

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle
Keep it rolling at home. Chicago is much improved with their high profile additions and Accam always seems to give us fits, but no reason not to expect another 3 points here. Huge and warm reception for Dax, as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users