512 replies to this topic

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 886 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I'll reserve on bashing the team this week until the potentially crap the bed at home next week.  Poor result but not the end of the world.  Up to these guys to show they are a different team and can get the job done.  I liked how Etienne was at least driving at these guys during the end of the game to try and create something.  We looked very timid.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
I fully expect nycfc to win because they'll probably go after the game. Atlanta strikes me as a timid lame team like us that will bow out in embarrassing fashion. They should of picked different colors.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

MLS stats say we had 3 SOGs. I only remember Long from the corner and BWP at the death. Did they count Parker off the post?
Cbus had 2: the Zardes goal and the Santos late blast saved by Luis.
We had 43% possession and only 312 passes, with 61% completed. That is 191 in 90 + 4 minutes.
Cbus completed 302 passes, 71% of 425.

Parker shot was indeed saved. It hit the post then off of Stefan in a way that kept it from going in. It was really unbelievable bad luck.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ

Waiting for someone to blame the format and Cbus hosting the first game

I would not blame it on that, but I do hate the fucking playoffs. It just sucks that it comes down to the fickleness of two legged series against a team when you just finished an eight month season 20 points and 31 goals better than. The quality of the two teams are not close. We are thonorighly better. But any half decent team can win a 1-0 game at home then bunker on the road. Well, any team except this franchise, apparently.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea
Some mediocre team from the West will win. Probably Portland or Seattle. Just end me guys.

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
Murillo crossing highlights in video below

https://www.dailymot...m/video/x2qhc1r

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,234 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Some mediocre team from the West will win.

If so, let it be RSL or PT. Petke or Savarese

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Henry_Krinkle

Henry_Krinkle

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Supports:NYRB,Arsenal

Bullshit. If you cannot enjoy winning the league, you do not deserve to win the Cup.

Well agree to disagree. I enjoyed it but Ill enjoy the cup 1000X more(if it happens this lifetime).

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

If so, let it be RSL or PT. Petke or Savarese

Don't give a fuck about them. Not with our team, don't care. Let em go.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
Hate playoffs all you want but it's a joke they couldn't at least make the game interesting today. I thought the year we went four months without a loss then choking in Montreal 1-0 sucked but we find ways to top that!!!

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I would not blame it on that, but I do hate the fucking playoffs. It just sucks that it comes down to the fickleness of two legged series against a team when you just finished an eight month season 20 points and 31 goals better than. The quality of the two teams are not close. We are thonorighly better. But any half decent team can win a 1-0 game at home then bunker on the road. Well, any team except this franchise, apparently.

It's the nature of the beast. Not sure why this team always goes into a shell come the playoffs. Shield was great, the points record is amazing, all the interviews through the week talked a good game.

Then we get the perfect setup on top of that (team on 2 days rest after a 120-minute game) and still manage to create all of 2 chances and zero goals.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Absolute nightmare of a result.

Columbus going up 1-0 next weekend means Red Bulls need to score 3...

Only hope is to shut them out at home next week. Once again current playoff format is fucking bullshit with away goals rule and top seed having to go on the road first. The weaker teams get a big advantage every time.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,134 posts
  • Supports:Metro

And yet, last year, when we had the low seed, we didn't use it to our supposed advantage...

I'm really tired of that excuse. Good teams win playoff series, regardless of which leg is first.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
Berhalter took Armas lunch money today

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Berhalter took Armas lunch money today

He's another fucking Bruce Budreau: great in the regular season, totally and completely useless with the money on the line.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users