• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Even if the academy pumps out a tyler adams every other year it will make very little difference in the long run bc we wont have the new phenom play with the existing young phenom bc the first guy would have been sold already.

The fact that this team did nothing to replace Adams at that CM spot shows you that winning isnt at the top of their priority list.

Ppl bring up that this is a very similar team that won the SS last year. But lets not forget that most of our opponents FOs didnt sit on their hands this offseason and last summer window. Last summers big signings like Ibra and Rooney have settled and are paying dividends.

5 year plan

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
Even if Hamlett's a dud with no real connections, where's Papa Red Bull in this equation? Shouldn't they have the connections to make international moves?

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Even if the academy pumps out a tyler adams every other year it will make very little difference in the long run bc we wont have the new phenom play with the existing young phenom bc the first guy would have been sold already.

The fact that this team did nothing to replace Adams at that CM spot shows you that winning isnt at the top of their priority list.

Ppl bring up that this is a very similar team that won the SS last year. But lets not forget that most of our opponents FOs didnt sit on their hands this offseason and last summer window. Last summers big signings like Ibra and Rooney have settled and are paying dividends.

Pretty much. 

The league isn't stagnant, teams get better, and generally the quality is going up each successive year.   Even with that in mind it was always going to be extremely difficult to replace Tyler Adams.  That was a kid who was groomed and brought up for the system Marsch played.  He executed our system and played at such a level that he is a starting player on a Champions League bundesliga team.  It's hard enough to replace him just on his understanding of our system alone...it's next to impossible to replace his skill without breaking the bank for a high quality product.

There's this group of ownership defenders who literally cannot criticize them at all for whatever reason.  I like CCJ, I think he has some promise.  But the same people who were singing his praises as the answer to Adams THIS YEAR are the first ones to blame Armas alone for the situation we find ourselves in right now.  This ownership needed to spend to plug the hole in the midfield...they responded by bringing back Rza.  Is he a solid rotational option and good depth player?  Yes.  Is he a starting CL quality midfielder?  Hell no.

The reality?  Tyler Adams not only was the defensive stalwart cleaning up messes for the midfield, he was also the guy who was able to spring our attack with his passing.  He was crucially important to this team and downplaying his loss was idiotic.  Almost as idiotic as dropping the the entire transfer fee on a kid with 400 total minutes of first team football in nowhere Denmark.  Maybe Jorgensen is something, I don't know.  But I do know that he's so far behind we've had to sign another kid from USL for striker cover, and the wings still remain an unresolved issue.

#RedBullOut

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Wait, winger is an unresolved issue? But we had eight on the roster at the beginning of the yr?!?! #sarcasm 

Although BrianMLS' rundown earlier in this thread has me worried sick. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Although BrianMLS' rundown earlier in this thread has me worried sick. 

Same

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Front office is probably too busy getting more tarps made.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

Front office is probably too busy getting more tarps made.

Probably have sweat shop conditions in the basement doing this as we speak. Maybe theyll just have everyone squeeze in sections 102-133

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Probably have sweat shop conditions in the basement doing this as we speak. Maybe theyll just have everyone squeeze in sections 102-133

Based on what I've seen, they wouldnt need to squeeze in.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Not giving a shit about this club and or winning...  

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Anyone counting on churning out an endless stream of quality players from USL should do themselves a favor and watch any USL match. The quality of play is light years away from even MLS quality.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

our Belgian Soda Overloards

Did I miss something?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

N8ballz

N8ballz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • Supports:metro
I mentioned it over a month ago about our recuiting of youth talent. It's not happening anymore. Adams was the last golden child. Now NYCFC is beating us. And if our youth coaches are leaving then we are fucked. The Austrian philosophy only works if they put everything into finding and developing talent in the greater New Jersey, New York and Connecticut area with the best coaches and money can buy. Otherwise we are just a useless billboard for an energy drink.

And Olsen didn't turn DC into a bunch of whining, diving.. oh, nevermind

-MetroSquard

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

Otherwise we are just a useless billboard for an energy drink.

only when we lose and get absolutely stupid draws. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
Aside from lack of signings and star power, what really happened to attendance. It wasnt that bad last year was it?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

it's worse than last yr. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users